Euro's 2016 - Anyone here going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant Barca to Aix, I'm in Perpignan just after you cross the border.Train and taxi a reckon but once them taxi boys hear the accent the multiply game starts.
Yeah, stopping at Montpellier airport on the Friday night. Then up Sat morn and the extra 2/3 hours onto Aix.

What's the Languedoc/Rousillion area like?
I can get some decent priced flights to Beziers and Montpellier at the start of the kids holidays, but surely there's a reason for that?
It'll be as hot as Barca/Salou etc and they want over £1200 for them areas compared to £500 to the South of France.

Yeah, stopping at Montpellier airport on the Friday night. Then up Sat morn and the extra 2/3 hours onto Aix.

What's the Languedoc/Rousillion area like?
I can get some decent priced flights to Beziers and Montpellier at the start of the kids holidays, but surely there's a reason for that?
It'll be as hot as Barca/Salou etc and they want over £1200 for them areas compared to £500 to the South of France.
Some really nice spots and some dodgy ones like always, the campsites near Montpellier Beziers tend to be worst .Nicer down our way ,used to work here http://www.camping-lasirene.fr/camping-la-sirene/en/ ya kids would love it. pricey mind about an hour from Beziers airport haf hour more to Montpellier. The other thing to remember your money doesn't go as far in France as it does in Sspain.

Some really nice spots and some dodgy ones like always, the campsites near Montpellier Beziers tend to be worst .Nicer down our way ,used to work here http://www.camping-lasirene.fr/camping-la-sirene/en/ ya kids would love it. pricey mind about an hour from Beziers airport haf hour more to Montpellier. The other thing to remember your money doesn't go as far in France as it does in Sspain.

Loads of Manouche, Gypsies, in that area so people need to take care as you no doubt know.

In fairness France was exempt until 2011 onwards. I'm sure I'm not the first to have fell foul of such bureaucratic rule changes.

I'll stick with hot dog vans.
Not entirely true, the district of Auvergne-Rhone-Alps was always exempt from the 'outside UK ban', (until the Lyon Treaty/FFGFA UK Wide consensus was signed in 2011, as you correctly hinted at) and you could trade there. The trouble was that part of France is landlocked, so to get there, you would have to drive through a banned area, (which is not allowed). A chip van owner on the south coast had an idea of using a hot air balloon to transport his chip van there, for a concert by well known folk singer Mike Harding, however the balloon went off course and he ended up in Merthyr Tydfil.

Funny you should say that, last week I was gutting some haddock we got from Northallerton and I found in its guts, a little bag of 10 ecstasy pills..the fish must have been a drug haddock.
Just the mere thought of Northallerton, haddock guts and Ecstasy all in the same sentence leaves me somewhat floundering.

Not entirely true, the district of Auvergne-Rhone-Alps was always exempt from the 'outside UK ban', (until the Lyon Treaty/FFGFA UK Wide consensus was signed in 2011, as you correctly hinted at) and you could trade there. The trouble was that part of France is landlocked, so to get there, you would have to drive through a banned area, (which is not allowed). A chip van owner on the south coast had an idea of using a hot air balloon to transport his chip van there, for a concert by well known folk singer Mike Harding, however the balloon went off course and he ended up in Merthyr Tydfil.
:lol::lol::lol: @Maximus you're having a mare with your lack of knowledge of fish trading by-laws. I didn't know either mind. ;)

To be fair I only vaguely remember the treaty. I am of course a massive fan of The Rochdale Cowboy and thank you for the quirky anecdote.

Going over with the car on the ferry, knocking about in northern France for a bit, maybe have a day at the beach in Le Touqet.

Got tickets in Lille for Russia vs Slovakia and will pop to Lens the next day to watch England in the fanzone. Back on the ferry home the next morning.

Going over with the car on the ferry, knocking about in northern France for a bit, maybe have a day at the beach in Le Touqet.

Got tickets in Lille for Russia vs Slovakia and will pop to Lens the next day to watch England in the fanzone. Back on the ferry home the next morning.

Nice one mate, make sure you put that Harrogate flag up that you nicked at Watford ;)

We'll be going over for a few matches but without tickets.

I speak fluent French and as you may be aware, am very charming, so will have no problem gaining access :cool:

Was looking at a place called Cers near Beziers airport.
I was trying to find somewhere near Montpellier, but not much about.
The campsites are ridiculous for what days you get.

Was looking at a place called Cers near Beziers airport.
I was trying to find somewhere near Montpellier, but not much about.
The campsites are ridiculous for what days you get.

Let me know if you need help mate.

I could mebbe's ask a few people ....... how many of you are there and what kind of age group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back