Euro's 2016 - Anyone here going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still require a ticket for the Slovakia match.
How trustworthy do folk reckon buying tickets off viagogo will be?
Also, does anyone know which end England fans are to be housed?

Arrived yesterday. We're about two mins from our local unmanned train station which under normal circumstances will take us into Bordeaux and back with no problems allowing a few hours after match slurping. Problem is theres an extra sheet of paper on the noticeboard which doesnt have the normal timetable on it and has our return trains missing and everythings printed in red!!!.and in FRENCH!!!!
Car hire may be required sooner than anticipated.

Incredible atmosphere in the port of Marseille last night.
99.9% well behaved and in high spirits, the local police dealt brilliantly with the 2 or 3 idiots who went OTT (throwing glass bottles around)

I really do not think they have time to start cross referencing tickets and ID. Security is the main issue.
You will be ok.
Cheers, and that is the opinion I have too. I am OK as it's my name that is on the tickets, but I have given some to friends for the games I cannot attend. First test was Marseille last night and no ID was asked for.

Has anyone heard of fans being refused entry if the names on tickets don't match ID?

Sailed through with no probs. Mine matched mine obviously but cant of matched the names of the others that I got em for anyway!

First check was just seeing you actually had a tkt. A girl put a felt pen mark on the blue circle with the funny shape in it.

Second check was a search and any liquids had to be either hoyed in a bin or handed in at the locker area. Dont take sunscreen, deoderent, nicorette tablets, water, coke etc as I saw em all being binned. Asthma inhalers are allowed through. Phones & ipads allowed but cameras werent especially pro style ones with detachable lenses werent.

Theres so many people queuing that it would take too long to check ids against passports/driving licences etc.

The se
Sailed through with no probs. Mine matched mine obviously but cant of matched the names of the others that I got em for anyway!

First check was just seeing you actually had a tkt. A girl put a felt pen mark on the blue circle with the funny shape in it.

Second check was a search and any liquids had to be either hoyed in a bin or handed in at the locker area. Dont take sunscreen, deoderent, nicorette tablets, water, coke etc as I saw em all being binned. Asthma inhalers are allowed through. Phones & ipads allowed but cameras werent especially pro style ones with detachable lenses werent.

Theres so many people queuing that it would take too long to check ids against passports/driving licences etc.

The searches were not very thorough, I had perfume in my bag and was waved through. The person I was with had coke in theirs.

Nothing said on either occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back