Euro's 2016 - Anyone here going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked the flights about an hour ago.

4 of us fly out on the 10th June from Ponteland to Barcelona.
Hiring a car and driving to our digs in Aix en Provence.
Bought tickets on Thursday for England v Russia.
4 days on Prado beach watching football in 30* heat.
Fly home from Barcelona late on the Tuesday night.

We also have tickets for Northern Ireland v Ukraine, but we'll be home by then.
We thought they'd have commanded a decent price, but they're going for pennies.[/QUOTE

Sounds shite that mate ;)

I know it's a touch subject, Terry but would you not consider taking a chip van over to France as I'm sure the Europeans fans would clamour to buy proper chips (in beef dripping) rather than the ubiquitous French Fry?

Time is, as they say, a great healer so the chip van incident can be exorcised. As for the chippy, me and @HeaderDownBrown can arrange and supervise suitable cover - free of charge. HeaderDownBrown is a Shields lad so will be well versed in the "Coleman's Method"

Like it. Imaginary chip van in France with imaginary Imran & Declan. Imaginary Shirley (part time) from the imaginary bookies could possibly cover the imaginary chippie next door, whilst the imaginary excursion takes place from Terry's imaginary town... in south of the region.

Like it. Imaginary chip van in France with imaginary Imran & Declan. Imaginary Shirley (part time) from the imaginary bookies could possibly cover the imaginary chippie next door, whilst the imaginary excursion takes place from Terry's imaginary town... in south of the region.
Not a fan then? Or are you a Scrutton?

I know it's a touch subject, Terry but would you not consider taking a chip van over to France as I'm sure the Europeans fans would clamour to buy proper chips (in beef dripping) rather than the ubiquitous French Fry?

Time is, as they say, a great healer so the chip van incident can be exorcised. As for the chippy, me and @HeaderDownBrown can arrange and supervise suitable cover - free of charge. HeaderDownBrown is a Shields lad so will be well versed in the "Coleman's Method"
Aye, I did have a chip van many years ago, but lost it after the York Experience, (I do not wish to go into detail). @Maximus, thanks for the idea, but sadly it is against the rules of the Fish Fryers Guild Federation, (Affliated) - South of the Region, to trade mobile chippies outside of the UK., (Rule 67, paragraph 8, clause 3, line 3 or 4 I believe) I seem to recall some chap from Northern Ireland, who got lost in thick fog and ended up in the Irish Republic, just across the border. He was summoned by the elders and confessed all and was ostracised, (like the Amish do), the last I heard he was working in Raleigh's bike factory in Scunthorpe putting gearsticks on Chopper bikes.

Czech Republic vs Turkey in Lens and Iceland vs Austria in Saint Denis. Lucky to be going, the posties in France damaged my tickets in transit but UEFA have managed to do replacements and have to pick up at the specific grounds.

We thought they'd have commanded a decent price, but they're going for pennies.
We are in aix en Provence for 5 nights. Where you staying? There's 12 of staying in the ibis

We are in aix en Provence for 5 nights. Where you staying? There's 12 of staying in the ibis
We have Odalys Apart'hotel booked on booking.com as a backup, but we are more likely to be staying at a home we have seen on AirBNB which is near the Aerodrome d'Aix en Provence.
Instead of faffing on with trains, we are just gonna use Uber.

How are you's getting back and forward to Marseille?

Aye, I did have a chip van many years ago, but lost it after the York Experience, (I do not wish to go into detail). @Maximus, thanks for the idea, but sadly it is against the rules of the Fish Fryers Guild Federation, (Affliated) - South of the Region, to trade mobile chippies outside of the UK., (Rule 67, paragraph 8, clause 3, line 3 or 4 I believe) I seem to recall some chap from Northern Ireland, who got lost in thick fog and ended up in the Irish Republic, just across the border. He was summoned by the elders and confessed all and was ostracised, (like the Amish do), the last I heard he was working in Raleigh's bike factory in Scunthorpe putting gearsticks on Chopper bikes.
:lol: Haway man @Maximus fancy forgetting rule 67, paragraph 8, clause 3, line 3 or 4 of the UK Fish Fryers Guild Federation!

We have Odalys Apart'hotel booked on booking.com as a backup, but we are more likely to be staying at a home we have seen on AirBNB which is near the Aerodrome d'Aix en Provence.
Instead of faffing on with trains, we are just gonna use Uber.

How are you's getting back and forward to Marseille?
Train at the moment but haven't booked yet as we have a bit of buying power with 12 of us so will look when we get there on the 9th

We thought they'd have commanded a decent price, but they're going for pennies.

Canny little drive that mate, you'll come right past the end of our street,give a pip as you go past.

Canny little drive that mate, you'll come right past the end of our street,give a pip as you go past.
18 miles on Google Maps?
We'll probably get train in during the day mind. It seems like a right hassle to get to tho.
Any advice on how best to do it?
And how much do you want for 4 nights? ;)

Train at the moment but haven't booked yet as we have a bit of buying power with 12 of us so will look when we get there on the 9th
Keep me informed if you manage to work something out. I haven't really looked into it yet.
There's a late train back to Provence at 00:30, but that's a little premature I think.

You must have access to unbelievable narcotics.

18 miles on Google Maps?
We'll probably get train in during the day mind. It seems like a right hassle to get to tho.
Any advice on how best to do it?
And how much do you want for 4 nights? ;)
Meant Barca to Aix, I'm in Perpignan just after you cross the border.Train and taxi a reckon but once them taxi boys hear the accent the multiply game starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back