Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can if you like, she is the definition of a careerist politician with no concerns but for herself and her bank account. I would be greatly concerned if she got the top job as I can see the US and maybe even the rest of the West (certainly us) hurtling into another ridiculous war.
You make good points about Trump, he does make off the cuff comments to get attention and to please people. Is that better than a future with Hillary? I think it could be.
As for Trump supporters, yes some of the fanatics are mental, but I've seen worse come from the Clinton and Sanders camps.
You think Clinton is more likely to lead the world to war than Trump?

We can if you like, she is the definition of a careerist politician with no concerns but for herself and her bank account. I would be greatly concerned if she got the top job as I can see the US and maybe even the rest of the West (certainly us) hurtling into another ridiculous war.
You make good points about Trump, he does make off the cuff comments to get attention and to please people. Is that better than a future with Hillary? I think it could be.
As for Trump supporters, yes some of the fanatics are mental, but I've seen worse come from the Clinton and Sanders camps.

Yeah, and Trump really f***ing stands above that, doesn't he? :lol:

No cos we're not discussing Clinton we're discussing Trump.

It gets right on my tits when someone (me!) comes on here and makes some comment on how shite Rodwell is and some spenk will inevitably reply 'he's better than Bridcutt' or something. This is the same shit. The title of the thread mentions Trump not Clinton.

Medulla (and O'Rourke) have it spot on like.

You think Clinton is more likely to lead the world to war than Trump?
Yes.

Yeah, and Trump really f***ing stands above that, doesn't he? :lol:
I don't think its easy to compare the two as she has made her money out of influencing political decisions to further her cause.

No cos we're not discussing Clinton we're discussing Trump.

It gets right on my tits when someone (me!) comes on here and makes some comment on how shite Rodwell is and some spenk will inevitably reply 'he's better than Bridcutt' or something. This is the same shit. The title of the thread mentions Trump not Clinton.

Medulla (and O'Rourke) have it spot on like.
Is this to me? If so fair enough, but its difficult not to talk about one when discussing the other considering the context.

I doubt it somehow.
Many would rather anyone but Clinton, including a fair number of Samders supports

just saw his comments on Obama visiting Hiroshima :oops::oops:

what an embarrassment of a man

''It's pathetic, Its fine as long as he doesn't apologise''
Obama should never have visited for that reason tbf, it's another token visit by Obama to make himself look the good guy whilst the world he is attempting to control is crashing down around his ears

She doesn't hate women for a start
Only ones called Monica

Many would rather anyone but Clinton, including a fair number of Samders supports

Obama should never have visited for that reason tbf, it's another token visit by Obama to make himself look the good guy whilst the world he is attempting to control is crashing down around his ears
The G7 were meeting there

Should he apologise?
I would say so yes, there's a difference IMO in being aware of and regretful of your course of actions and admitting you have took drastic action to resolve a war you were dragged into and being acrimonious because you were dragged into it in the first place.
Pearl Harbour was a cowardly attack yes but it was an attack on the American military and indeed was provocation enough for the Americans to join the war.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were war crimes pure and simple, killing hundreds of thousands of people in a show of military might is unforgiveable and unnecessary however determined the Americans were to end the war.

Too right it should be apologised for, the ends don't justify the means.

I would say so yes, there's a difference IMO in being aware of and regretful of your course of actions and admitting you have took drastic action to resolve a war you were dragged into and being acrimonious because you were dragged into it in the first place.
Pearl Harbour was a cowardly attack yes but it was an attack on the American military and indeed was provocation enough for the Americans to join the war.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were war crimes pure and simple, killing hundreds of thousands of people in a show of military might is unforgiveable and unnecessary however determined the Americans were to end the war.

the estimate for Allied losses in taking the main islands of Japan (based on their experiences working their way up) was huge. Between 455,000 in a JCS study and 1,000,000 (Gen Macarthur). They minted 500,000 purple hearts. There was also the political factor of showing Russia what they had, and awful and petty as that was it was in the equation.

Well, it isn't that simple is it.

Hopefully it will never happen again but the Japanese made it abundantly clear that unconditional surrender was off the table. The war would have raged on for years and many more would have died.

Total war is total war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back