Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't wait to see him march into the White House as president and rattle a few cages.
He has got the career politicians rattled as well, great stuff.

Like our own Buffoon Boris

Dread to think what would happen if these two got into power

I honestly question people's sanity who vote for these buffoons

I refer some of the 'honourable gentlemen' on this thread to my previous post.

Signed

Not a 'liberal' or a 'lefty'

I find that people who out themselves as Trump
Supporters are like people with goatees or dress like hipsters with half mast strides, beards and bow ties. There's an initial irritation but then you're thankful that they've outed themselves publically as contemptible wanksplats and you need spend no further time or energy on them as you manouevre your way through life.
You mean you disagree with them.

You mean you disagree with them.
No I don't mind some reasoned debate as you can learn from the other side of a debate if you maintain some semblance of an open mind. But I'm yet to learn anything about the kind of actual policies Trump will (try to) put in place as president between his bragging about how great he will be and his incredibly broad strokes, and the fact that any of his grandiose pronouncements will have to pass congress. I can't remember what the balance of the house and senate are projected to be but even if he should win in a landslide (unlikely) he will still have to get stuff past the house and senate. Remember Obama and his idiotic claim that he would shut Guantanamo on his first day in office? How did that work out?
Being as he has zero experience of government and has made nothing but said grandiose statements, it's impossible to have a rational discussion with a Trump supporter as they are as clueless as he clearly is about policy. He wants to 'ban all Muslims from entering the country until we figure out what the hell is going on' - that statement alone is so frought with innuendo and vagueness and as such impossible to implement that it serves as the perfect example of a man so full of hot air it's a wonder he isn't levitating right now. And supporters who are taken in by this sort of bollocks are even more laughable.

And before you try to have a go I'm no big fan of Clinton either, but we're not discussing her are we?

No I don't mind some reasoned debate as you can learn from the other side of a debate if you maintain some semblance of an open mind. But I'm yet to learn anything about the kind of actual policies Trump will (try to) put in place as president between his bragging about how great he will be and his incredibly broad strokes, and the fact that any of his grandiose pronouncements will have to pass congress. I can't remember what the balance of the house and senate are projected to be but even if he should win in a landslide (unlikely) he will still have to get stuff past the house and senate. Remember Obama and his idiotic claim that he would shut Guantanamo on his first day in office? How did that work out?
Being as he has zero experience of government and has made nothing but said grandiose statements, it's impossible to have a rational discussion with a Trump supporter as they are as clueless as he clearly is about policy. He wants to 'ban all Muslims from entering the country until we figure out what the hell is going on' - that statement alone is so frought with innuendo and vagueness and as such impossible to implement that it serves as the perfect example of a man so full of hot air it's a wonder he isn't levitating right now. And supporters who are taken in by this sort of bollocks are even more laughable.

And before you try to have a go I'm no big fan of Clinton either, but we're not discussing her are we?
You might want to echo Republican commentator PJ O'Rourke's view on why you'd pick Clinton over Trump: "She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters."

We can if you like, she is the definition of a careerist politician with no concerns but for herself and her bank account. I would be greatly concerned if she got the top job as I can see the US and maybe even the rest of the West (certainly us) hurtling into another ridiculous war.
You make good points about Trump, he does make off the cuff comments to get attention and to please people. Is that better than a future with Hillary? I think it could be.
As for Trump supporters, yes some of the fanatics are mental, but I've seen worse come from the Clinton and Sanders camps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back