Child benefit limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, I've never come across anyone on Universal Credit.

It hasn't begun roll-out here yet. Mainly the North West up to now. I'm curious, surely they can't just leave people unable to pay the rent?? I don't think council tax will be an issue though as you can just change it to monthly and pay at the end of that given month. It's mainly rent I'd see as an issue.

It’s called living in a society. These people might not receive the cash benefits, but when they are older they will benefit in kind from the services the next generation provide, whom they helped to develop through their tax payments. So I would be quite happy to reduce the tax payments of people without children on the proviso that these people, when reaching a certain age were eliminated ‘logans run style’ so they didn’t become a burden on the next generation they refused to contribute towards.
Up, down, round and round ... Life is a carousel ...

It hasn't begun roll-out here yet. Mainly the North West up to now. I'm curious, surely they can't just leave people unable to pay the rent?? I don't think council tax will be an issue though as you can just change it to monthly and pay at the end of that given month. It's mainly rent I'd see as an issue.

As if private landlords are going to kick up a stink and evict all of their HB cashcows as they'll have to wait 3 weeks extra in some cases.

Last edited:
I don't think they thought it through, its not just "dole wallers" that get housing benefit, working people do too.

How can you be sure that free healthcare and education will not be the next things to be taken away from the 4th child onwards if this goes through?
Well child benefit has been taken away from higher earners so will they lose free health and education?

As if private landlords are going to kick up a stick and evict all of their HB cashcows as they'll have to wait 3 weeks extra in some cases.
Say they have 10 houses, and all 10 are 3 weeks late - it'll certainly affect their income, what if they then cant pay their bills and the banks foreclose on them ?

Say they have 10 houses, and all 10 are 3 weeks late - it'll certainly affect their income, what if they then cant pay their bills and the banks foreclose on them ?

After 3 weeks? You think landlords with 10 houses pay their bills weekly? This will be a one off remember.

It depends what child benefit is actually for. It doesn't really buy you that much. Maybe that money would be better spent on sure start and health visitors?

In principle I have no issue with a limit as long as it isn't applied retrospectively.

After 3 weeks? You think landlords with 10 houses pay their bills weekly? This will be a one off remember.
Initially for most concerned it could spell trouble, I'm hoping they keep things the way they are - the universal credit system is flawed, and they know this through pilots they've ran already.

A landlord who'd lose his rental property if he lost 3 weeks rent would be very close to going under anyway. It wouldn't affect them that much.

'Personal responsibility' for tories = it's your fault if you're poor, unemployed, undereducated...
Very good. Now do you believe in personal responsibility?

Skip the bit about the rich having personal responsibility for paying tax to build the infrastructure that allows them to be rich as I agree - just answer the question.

Initially for most concerned it could spell trouble, I'm hoping they keep things the way they are - the universal credit system is flawed, and they know this through pilots they've ran already.

It wouldn't. They'd know that it isn't just their tenants pissing the money away and it's a change in the benefit system. Having to wait 3 weeks will make hardly any difference.

It wouldn't. They'd know that it isn't just their tenants pissing the money away and it's a change in the benefit system. Having to wait 3 weeks will make hardly any difference.
It would make a difference to me having no Child / Working tax credits for 4 weeks, hence my problem with Universal Credits in general.

The mortgage lenders would be aware of it, a quick word with them & they'd be able to come to an arrangment.

I wonder what if piano thinks a landlord goes under every time a boiler breaks?

It would make a difference to me having no Child / Working tax credits for 4 weeks, hence my problem with Universal Credits in general.
I can understand that, wonga will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of people reliant on benefits having to go 3-4 weeks without cash.

The mortgage lenders would be aware of it, a quick word with them & they'd be able to come to an arrangment.

Luckily I'm not a landlord, but hopefully they'd have insurance or cover for such things.

I can understand that, wonga will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of people reliant on benefits having to go 3-4 weeks without cash.
Why should I have to rely upon loan sharks ? they should simply pay folks a month in advance and there would be no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back