Child benefit limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem you have, is without working benefits for people with kids, the parents would be far better off not working, you can guess what happens there. Someone earning say £20k per year with two/three kids, would probably be better off on the dole without CTC etc.

They would! Out of curiosity I worked it out on a benefits calculator and I'd be better off not working and living in a rented house.

You could rent your house out, then claim housing benefit on a rental.
That won't work as they would take the income from the rental and count it as personal income this reducing the amount of Hb that you would get. And it could be that they would believe that you were trying to defraud them by claiming a rental while you had another house.

You are specifically asked on the application form for housing benefit if you have other property.

Is there any evidence to suggest that people will stop having kids if they don't receive child benefit?

I think it would be a cumulative thing. Even if you spaced out the births of the children over to continue to qualify for benefit the longest you would be able to avoid work would be for fifteen years. However you could sign on for three years at that point, get pregnant again and give birth just as your oldest child reaches 18.

Of course that implies that you may receive benefit for three children at a time rather than a total of three children. I wonder if they have considered that?

Last edited:
That won't work as they would take the income from the rental and count it as personal income this reducing the amount of Hb that you would get. And it could be that they would believe that you were trying to defraud them by claiming a rental while you had another house.

You are specifically asked on the application form for housing benefit if you have other property.
OK she can sell it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back