Child benefit limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why only natural multiples?

"Tory MP Dominic Raab said it was not purely about cost but could "send a message about personal responsibility"

Hmm. Poor Catholics are gonna be buggered
If you have 2 kids and then have triplets it would seem a bit unfair to restrict the payment.

guaranteed that'll contravene human rights somewhere along the line.
Some arse will claim it is discriminatory.

Should defo limit it to 2 like. But I suspect the cries of "Me Ooman Rites" will echo throughout the country as the scratters and migrants squeal as their free money is taken from them. I can't see the Tories or Labour doing anything with regards to CB though, they don't have the balls to do it. So this is just political posturing by the Tories and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Should defo limit it to 2 like. But I suspect the cries of "Me Ooman Rites" will echo throughout the country as the scratters and migrants squeal as their free money is taken from them. I can't see the Tories or Labour doing anything with regards to CB though, they don't have the balls to do it.
I suspect it would be a vote winner apart from with the scratters but they wont vote anyway as they will be watching Jeremy Kyle.

Scrap it altogether. It's a throwback to the stone age
Agree - and use the money to give all kids a free meal at school.

Just checked - UKIPs policy is to only pay to first two kids resident in UK which also seems very sensible.

I suspect it would be a vote winner apart from with the scratters but they wont vote anyway as they will be watching Jeremy Kyle.

TBF it won't just be the scratters though, you'll have migrants, greedy middle class snobs, anyone with a sense of entitlement who will all be crying foul at this "discrimination". It would be political suicide and these parties know it, if only they had the balls to implement the policy and take the backlash on the chin, a strong party could ride it out even if they did become extremely unpopular as a result. The problem is they're all self serving pricks and would rather do whats best for their own careers than whats best for the country.

TBF it won't just be the scratters though, you'll have migrants, greedy middle class snobs, anyone with a sense of entitlement who will all be crying foul at this "discrimination". It would be political suicide and these parties know it, if only they had the balls to implement the policy and take the backlash on the chin, a strong party could ride it out even if they did become extremely unpopular as a result. The problem is they're all self serving pricks and would rather do whats best for their own careers than whats best for the country.
Well it is not a universal benefit anymore which impacted the middle classes. If it was brought in with a limit of three I cant see it being much of a problem. They could even say it was an environmental measure!

The nasty party are back.
Child benefit is already restricted - why is this a nasty party policy?

Agree - and use the money to give all kids a free meal at school.

Have you had a school dinner lately? They're absolutely rank and my child refuses to eat them. I'd rather have the child benefit to buy good quality nutritious food for her packed lunch.

Child benefit is one of two things I claim. The other being child tax credits. I would miss it if they took it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back