bookings and sent off reasons, you have had in local football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a yellow for laughing the other day.

We were beating a team of French lads, one of which had got decided to give it the big un and was trying to put it about a bit. I whacked him and they got a free-kick, he ran over to us in the wall and proceeded to try and outmuscle and back into the 3 of us in the wall. The other 2 lads in the wall are both english ex pats so we decided to all push him at the same time. The big centre half took a 15 mile run up and absolutely leathered it, we pushed this kid and he fell forward taking the ball straight in his dish. I burst out laughing and got a nice little yellow card and fine.

Exact opposite, never been booked for dissent always for fouling. Could never see the point of opening my mouth to get charged £2. I gather its gone up a bit now like.

The times I got booked were for fouls (not many tbh & I never got sent off) though I was fearing the worst when we played a game and the ref inadvertently took out one of our players trying whilst trying to avoid the ball.

I let out a 'Fuckin hell ref get out of the fuckin way man' a bit too loudly and he stared daggers at me. The kid I was marking said 'you're off here mate' I replied 'aye' before launching into a grovelling apology to the ref.

To my amazement he said 'No, you're right I was in the wrong place but please keep your language down' and walked away.

I thought I was nailed on for 35 days with that one.

Exact opposite, never been booked for dissent always for fouling. Could never see the point of opening my mouth to get charged £2. I gather its gone up a bit now like.

Tenner. My dissent is usually aimed at the opposition, not the ref. I play centre midfield so I'm always involved and generally quite talkative on the pitch too so, which leads to the odd fracas.

Won't have been local football, but my old man was once sent off for giving his name as Mickey Mouse when the ref was going to caution him. The worst thing is that's his real name.

I've never been sent off, because I'm an angel. Unsurprisingly most (possibly all) of my bookings have been due to dissent.
:lol::lol::lol:

Tenner. My dissent is usually aimed at the opposition, not the ref. I play centre midfield so I'm always involved and generally quite talkative on the pitch too so, which leads to the odd fracas.

Knew it had gone up but jesus a tenner. I played mostly centre mid especially in my younger days also very vocal and usually captain. As previously stated could not see the point in getting booking for mouthing off when I knew I' d more than likely get booked for kicking someone anyway.

Got banned from playing on the school on a Saturday morning for fighting with the opposition goalie!

Not so much a a booking but a story from a wearside combination league a few year ago. An old ref kenny who is still knocking about Fulwell road and trains at fitness 2000. Blew for a free kick and thee was a bit dissent in the wall and the rule was in for 10 years forward at the time.....their 'beckham' was whinging about ten yards forward.......the ref turned to their bench........give me this fairys hairdressers phone number and I'll book that kernt! Thinks he's in the premiership!

Last edited:
had one similar, booked for kicking ball away, ref then changed his mind. we had him again on the saturday, he gave a pen against me and said that evened this up.

Got booked once for kicking the ball away playing on the all weather pitches at temple park. Six a side on the three quarter sized pitches and goals.

Tackled someone on the half way line and as the ball ran loose decided to try and chip the keeper. Ref blew for a foul (it wasn't like) but I wasn't going to be robbed of my attempted chip. Actually dipped it over the keepers head and hit the inside of the post.

Got booked for what must have been one of the most spectacular kicking the balls always ever.

In fact I got a spontaneous round of applause from those watching for my effort.

I used to know a lad who played in the Leeds area and told me about a lad in their sunday morning league who was getting booked when the ref dropped his pen. As the ref bent down to pick his pen up the lad farted on his head :lol::lol:. Got sent off and banned sine die.

My son, then 9, was sent off by his Step Dad for a lovely off the ground two footed challenge on one of his school "pals".

When I questioned him why he did it, he just said "I wish I kicked him harder as I got sent off for it"

when I was younger the local fc team had a football thing for kids every Monday evening and all day during the holidays. After going a while I never won anything, we needed a point if I remember to win a cup. the other team started to counter attack. I ran like crazy after their striker who was going to score. he goes flying as I take him down with my two footed tackle.

I got sent off :lol;

I managed to get sent off after a game for very politely thanking the ref for spoiling the game....after which I fully lost it and went mental.

Another good one was while playing in a 5 a side league I was getting annoyed by a ref being stood against the wall for the whole game and not moving, this effectively ruled out using that wing, I mentioned a few times that he was allowed to move about but he didn't... So.... During open play I got the ball moved it out of my feet and smashed it at him as hard as I could... He booked me... I asked how can I be booked for kicking a ball while playing football he booked me again and I got sent off!

That sounds like this ref in a 5 a side league I played in Whitburn where I got booked by telling him I tripped over and it wasn't a foul. booking for telling him how to referee.

He used to stand on the wall and in the same game my mate pretended to miss kick it and smashed the ball into his head. He was then booked as well.

The season gone, one of our lads went up for a header with one of the opposition. Ref blew for a free kick to us. My mate said ref it was a fair challenge, he booked my mate and we still got the free kick

Playing an away game for Horden U18s in the 93/94 season.

It was a sunny day and our keeper was wearing a multi coloured cap which looked ridiculous.

Early on and our right winger comes back to defend a corner, sees the keeper and laughingly says ......

"Take that fuckin cap off".

Ref sends him off for swearing!!!

Playing in the Peterlee & District Sunday league in the late 70s the ref, my older cousin (Welshman living in Hetton) booked me for dissent. I had the last laugh though. He threatened to send me off, then he remembered who was giving him a lift home.

Was playing a top of the table clash in the Sunday league and we were getting humped 5-0.The ref was a mate of the other team and had given them 2 pens.....it was so obvious he wanted them to win....they were even asking him what he wanted to drink in the pub later.
Anyway, after the game our manager goes over to him and asks him for 5 mins to discuss his performance as he felt it was totally one sided.....I`d lost the plot by then and marched over and through the corner flag at him and called him "a useless fat wanker"....Red card.
Had to appear in front of The Durham FA as it was my 3 red of the season...there was 4 of them on the panel....all about 80 yrs old and they were going on and on about my behavior......plot lost again.....called them a bunch of "fkin nazis" and kicked a table over
6 month ban.

I was one on one with the fattest centre half you've ever seen and just pushed the ball past him as I knew he'd not catch me. The fat fucker deliberately gave me the worst dead leg I've ever had and the ref never even booked him. Whilst I was lying on the ground in agony fatty came over with an outstretched hand to apologize.

I told him "get fucked you fat twat"

Got the red card whilst still on my back for language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back