bookings and sent off reasons, you have had in local football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got booked for a soft challenge in the circle, one of a few 'fouls' I had conceded that day. I went to the bench "He's got it wrong again!" and got a second yellow.

She was just a very ugly girl.

I got sent off after questioning a booking. I was screaming in a mackem accent in Aldbourne (near Swindon)calling the ref a sawn off little nazi who probably did not get any fanny and got his kicks from dressing up and bossing grown men about on a Saturday.

Not very grown up of me!!! :lol::lol::lol:

One of my old sunday league teammates got booked for farting once.

He had been out drinking the night before and was hammering out horrible beer farts all morning. Farted while up for a corner right next to the opposition keeper to put him off and the ref warned him. Then he stood in their wall for one of our freekicks and did the same again so their players complained and the ref booked him.

His letter said 'disgusting and ungentlemanly conduct by breaking wind' or something

If you got a 30 day ban for a red and it was December/January, you'd end up missing no games because of the weather, but if you got the ban in March or April when you'd be playing up to 3 times a week you would miss 12 games or more!

Got sent off in a game in Interlaken in Switzerland for head butting an opponent. (He was from Manchester so fair dos). The game was abandoned later when the oweer of the field arrived and threatened the ref with a knife because no one had asked his permission to play there.

FFS, lmao, I am amazed anyone from Switzerland would argue about anything, thought they were perpetual fence sitters

FFS, lmao, I am amazed anyone from Switzerland would argue about anything, thought they were perpetual fence sitters

They can afford to be..no one ever invades the place cos 1. geographically it would be a nightmare and 2 cos every thug and dictator has their money stashed there and you don't shit where you eat.

Use to be known as the world's best mercenaries..one of the reasons the Pope has them guarding him.

Playing for the youth club team when I got sent off for my first foul. Ref apologised at the end of the game as he said he mistook me for my mate Brian Taylor who had already been booked. Brian was my best mate at school and went on to play professionally befor dying at age 44.
Logon or register to see this image

Playing for the youth club team when I got sent off for my first foul. Ref apologised at the end of the game as he said he mistook me for my mate Brian Taylor who had already been booked. Brian was my best mate at school and went on to play professionally befor dying at age 44.
good story this

when i played last century, you used to get letters with direct quotes from referees, why you were booked or sent off.

my top reason given was "had fire in his eyes", so i cautioned him

bit of a giggle, when you got letters full of expletives, of course, but one of our lads was sent off for the heinous crime of saying "shit" when he missed a chance.

what are your memories of these sort of things?
Booked for telling ref he was late..both teams were ready to kick off...ref still getting changed in his car!...he did rescind it at half time though.

Couple of stories involving the same lad. He's a centre half and got yellow carded once for apparently taking his top off to celebrate. Mistaken identity cos it was the forward who scored.

Second time he got booked on a Thursday night for something what wasnt even a tackle. "Ref that was a perfect challenge."

"Yeah son, you're right. But i should have booked you on Sunday morning for a bad tackle."

Same ref twice in a row

I remember going to a competition when I was 14. It was an 16 year plus but they just put my date of birth wrong and nobody questioned it. I got 2 bookings in the first 2 games so one more ment I would miss the semi final. I swapped shirts with another lad so I could afford to pick up a booking if needed. The other lad got booked and I missed out anyway ffs. We got beat in the semis anyway and the team that beat us went on to win and a few from that team played semi pro for a few years

Sent off for calling the ref a ginger cunt as I stood on the sideline watching a game that would see my side crowned 5-a-side champions! Still got my medal, like! :lol:

I had stitches in my hand so I had a glove on to keep the dressing as clean as possible. Referee told me I couldn't wear glove as it was wrong colour. I told him the reason I was wearing it and he told me to get a red glove to match my top. Nobody had a red glove so I shouted to the manager he would have to play someone else. Ref booked me for decent and then said I could play.

Couple of stories involving the same lad. He's a centre half and got yellow carded once for apparently taking his top off to celebrate. Mistaken identity cos it was the forward who scored.

Second time he got booked on a Thursday night for something what wasnt even a tackle. "Ref that was a perfect challenge."

"Yeah son, you're right. But i should have booked you on Sunday morning for a bad tackle."

Same ref twice in a row
had one similar, booked for kicking ball away, ref then changed his mind. we had him again on the saturday, he gave a pen against me and said that evened this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back