bookings and sent off reasons, you have had in local football

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had oiur supporters reported for blowing raspberries at the ref, his report was brilliant, barely literate, we appealed and didn't even turn up for the hearing, the report was so shite it spoke for itself and we were let off

Once saw a bloke called Cant sent off when he was asked his name when getting a yellow, ref withdrew it when he rwalised his mistake

I had stitches in my hand so I had a glove on to keep the dressing as clean as possible. Referee told me I couldn't wear glove as it was wrong colour. I told him the reason I was wearing it and he told me to get a red glove to match my top. Nobody had a red glove so I shouted to the manager he would have to play someone else. Ref booked me for decent and then said I could play.
some right sods as refs

Got sent off for having a shot that hit a defender in the face and cannoned into the ref, apparently it was dangerous play and unsportsmanlike behaviour!

Had another one when I played semi-pro that was beyond a joke! I took a fee-kick, roughly 35 yards out, I curled it straight in to the top corner and apparently the ref hadn't blown, so he sent me off, later found out the ref's cousin was the keeper!

Got sent off for having a shot that hit a defender in the face and cannoned into the ref, apparently it was dangerous play and unsportsmanlike behaviour!

Had another one when I played semi-pro that was beyond a joke! I took a fee-kick, roughly 35 yards out, I curled it straight in to the top corner and apparently the ref hadn't blown, so he sent me off, later found out the ref's cousin was the keeper!
:lol: classic stuff

A lad in our team got sent off for licking a female refs knee. He is a nutter like

A lad in our team got sent off for licking a female refs knee. He is a nutter like
He also got sent off for kicking a keeper on the floor for saving his penalty which escalated into a Benny Hill scene with the whole of the opposing side and fans chasing him round the pitch, ha

Last edited:
I played a midweek game in East Kilbride (vs Rolls Royce). The pitch was next to a stream that was at the bottom of a ditch. The ball went out for a throw, but inevitably went down the ditch into the stream. I went to fetch it, getting my boots soaked in the process. Ran back up the bank and took the throw - referee gave a foul throw for taking it from the wrong place. I expressed my displeasure to the ref. Next time I got a throw I sarcastically asked him if I was in the right place and he booked me for "being too middle class". Which to be fair I probably am. I chirped away at him all game and at the end he asked if I'd like to settle the argument in the car park. Sums up the Glasgow amateur leagues.

Got sent off for retaliating to a challenge on me. Turned round and booted the lad in the stomach. £35 fine and 5 week ban. To be fair I probably deserved more.

some bellend spat at me once, he was picking his teeth up a couple of seconds later.

got sent off an banned from all football for a year

He also got sent off for kicking a keeper on the floor for saving his penalty
which escalated into a Benny Hill scene with the whole of the opposing side and fans chasing him round the pitch, ha

Was his name Paul Hardyman? Go to 43 mins on in this video.

We were getting trounced so I asked the ref why he was bothering to play the 6 minutes added on, got booked. As he was writing my name down I told him he'd got the spelling wrong, red card. The manager was fuming.

Some canny ones there.

I was once sent off for asking the ref if I should replace the corner flag, which I had demolished in a sliding tackle, resulting in a goal kick for our side. (It might result in a sending off now!) He said to me that "I can put up with you assaulting players but not that type of abuse". Unless he thought I was implying that it should have been placed inside his tender regions I never understood why he did it.

Only ever got sent off once in my football career.
Did a Harald Schumaker on a lad at Gypsies Green pitch at South Shields.
Didn't mean to maim him I was just really slow on a 50/50 with him and thought "ah fuck it" :lol:

it was that time. our team got one booking one season, cost us a set of strips. the crime? a lad said it was a mans game after a soft free kick given away. by brannigan

brannigan rode a motorbike to games
Yet some games were just fighting all through the game and the refs did nothing. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back