bookings and sent off reasons, you have had in local football

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

when i played last century, you used to get letters with direct quotes from referees, why you were booked or sent off.

my top reason given was "had fire in his eyes", so i cautioned him

bit of a giggle, when you got letters full of expletives, of course, but one of our lads was sent off for the heinous crime of saying "shit" when he missed a chance.

what are your memories of these sort of things?

Once got booked for leaving the pitch without permission. Was as rough as off the night before and the goal kick was locked onto my head.
headed the basted and was off the pitch hoying up when the ref pounced. ..

Once got booked for leaving the pitch without permission. Was as rough as off the night before and the goal kick was locked onto my head.
:lol::lol:

My marra was sent off in the car park for swearing at the ref after full time :lol:
always a fav of some refs that trick. we once gave a ref a lift to the game and the cheeky sod, wanted paying travelling expenses after the match

Ref we used to have quite a lot at Sunday league would send anyone off if they swore at him, ended up sending three of the other team off within the first ten minutes so they all left the pitch and we were given the win :lol:

Eh? :lol: How the fuck did he manage to think that was a yellow card?

I got booked for appealing for an offside :lol: he said that it's not my decision to make. I know it sounds like there's more to it but seriously I put my hand up and shouted "offside ref" and that was it. Booked :lol:
The same game a player on the opposite team swore right in the refs face and didn't even get booked. My captain complained and got a booking for that too :lol:

when i played last century, you used to get letters with direct quotes from referees, why you were booked or sent off.

my top reason given was "had fire in his eyes", so i cautioned him

bit of a giggle, when you got letters full of expletives, of course, but one of our lads was sent off for the heinous crime of saying "shit" when he missed a chance.

what are your memories of these sort of things?

Got sent off for calling the ref a little tinker. An injustice if ever there was one.

We used to have this fat little waste of a skin on our team, who would always play up front where he could do the least damage. It was worse than playing with ten men. I put a cross in once which couldn't have been more perfect, right on his head where he was standing at the unprotected back post. He made such a complete pig's breakfast of it the ref gave him a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct and bringing the game into disrepute for missing such a sitter.

We used to have this fat little waste of a skin on our team, who would always play up front where he could do the least damage. It was worse than playing with ten men. I put a cross in once which couldn't have been more perfect, right on his head where he was standing at the unprotected back post. He made such a complete pig's breakfast of it the ref gave him a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct and bringing the game into disrepute for missing such a sitter.
:lol::lol::lol:

I lived in wales when I was in me early 20's and I got 2 red cards in one game playing for the mighty Harlech. First one was for complaining after I'd been fouled, ref said he'd had enough of my lip and produced the red. The red mist descended and i launched into a tirade against him, calling him a fat short arsed postman who was too thick to join the cop force, that he was shit at football and the last one picked at school so he became a ref to spoil it for people like me who could play and that his wife was shagging the estate while he was waddling round the pitch on a Saturday afternoon. He got the red out again while I was being dragged off the pitch by my manager and a few team mates.

Went up to him after the game in the club when everyone was getting their scran and said "I'd like to apologise for what I said earlier on but I'm not going to as I meant every f***ing word."

58 day ban and a £60.00 fine and even made the Western mail. :lol:

It was the only time I ever got sent off tbf.

I lived in wales when I was in me early 20's and I got 2 red cards in one game playing for the mighty Harlech. First one was for complaining after I'd been fouled, ref said he'd had enough of my lip and produced the red. The red mist descended and i launched into a tirade against him, calling him a fat short arsed postman who was too thick to join the cop force, that he was shit at football and the last one picked at school so he became a ref to spoil it for people like me who could play and that his wife was shagging the estate while he was waddling round the pitch on a Saturday afternoon. He got the red out again while I was being dragged off the pitch by my manager and a few team mates.

Went up to him after the game in the club when everyone was getting their scran and said "I'd like to apologise for what I said earlier on but I'm not going to as I meant every f***ing word."

58 day ban and a £60.00 fine and even made the Western mail. :lol:

It was the only time I ever got sent off tbf.
love stuff like this me. cheers mate for sharing :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back