bookings and sent off reasons, you have had in local football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can remember a game once we were playing in the port of Blyth league, my Marra is a proper ball greedy showboater and he rounded the keeper walked to the line, flicked it up onto his neck and bent down and did a press up before letting it roll off his neck into the goal.

Ref booked him for ungentlemanly conduct but the lads on the sideline were that impressed with the goal they had a whip round to pay for his fine.

I still play 5 a side with him now and we need 2 balls, j for him and one for the rest of us

I should have been fitted with a reversing bleeper towards the end of my career.....

One of last games, another teenage tricky winger flys past me, he's going to be clean through if I don't get him but there was no chance of catching him I just shouted 'Fuck that' and gave up. Ref blew, booked me for dissent but the kid went absolutely mental (he was miles in the clear like) blasted the ball into the stream behind the goal and started calling the ref all sorts - straight red. :lol:

I retired a couple of weeks later.

I was a ref in local football. & before one game I was inspecting the nets. The players from both sides were having their pre match kickabout except for one lad who was having a piss in the middle of the pitch.

To my eternal shame I just ignored it & did not send him off.

Got booked 2 year ago for "trying to handball it" when a cross came over, I was pleading innocent but anyone whos played in the shields sunday morning leagues it was billy hunter aka billy the book so i didnt stand a chance

1 yellow card in 20 years - was being booted up a height by the thugs from Craghead and after 40 mins the ref finally gave me a free-kick

got up and applauded him and got a booking for 'reacting in a childish, sarcastic and petulant manner'

how did the ref know my 3 finest qualities???

I should have been fitted with a reversing bleeper towards the end of my career.....

One of last games, another teenage tricky winger flys past me, he's going to be clean through if I don't get him but there was no chance of catching him I just shouted 'Fuck that' and gave up. Ref blew, booked me for dissent but the kid went absolutely mental (he was miles in the clear like) blasted the ball into the stream behind the goal and started calling the ref all sorts - straight red. :lol:

I retired a couple of weeks later.

what year was this? - 1997??

;)

Variation on a theme...........

Davy Naylor ( had been on books of Man City /Preston) and playing for Blackhall Mechanics ran half the length of the field and launched himself headfirst onto the bridge of the guys nose. He got a booking...........cue

"what the fuck has a fella got to do to get sent off "!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were classy and hard players............and Davy Naylor

We used to have this fat little waste of a skin on our team, who would always play up front where he could do the least damage. It was worse than playing with ten men. I put a cross in once which couldn't have been more perfect, right on his head where he was standing at the unprotected back post. He made such a complete pig's breakfast of it the ref gave him a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct and bringing the game into disrepute for missing such a sitter.
This didn't happen

Booked for swearing once. Then sent off for someone else swearing as the ref thought it was me again.... Id been on the pitch 20 mins.... ref was a cun

Got booked 2 year ago for "trying to handball it" when a cross came over, I was pleading innocent but anyone whos played in the shields sunday morning leagues it was billy hunter aka billy the book so i didnt stand a chance

All about approaching billy the right way after doing something that is a blatant yellow, he reffed me many a time and I managed to get away with just many a stern talking to and no booking, he still managed to book most people on the field as people ain't clever enough just to agree with him, take a talking to and jog off without the fine

I was booked and sent off within the space of a season when I was about 16.

Booked coz I went in for a tackle and the other lad got up and stood on my bollocks so I stood up and smacked him.

Got sent off playing against a team that had a friend from the school team in. I was marking him at a throw in. Jokingly I put my arms around him and dragged him to the ground. He got up and hit me so I laid into the twat. His Mam was raging on the sideline and had to get dragged off the pitch :lol: I got a fine and a 6 week ban for that one.

Sent a lad off this season for two yellows (cynical trip on the halfway line to prevent a counter attack and a trip in the box to give away a penalty). Booted the ball onto the nearby road on his way off the pitch, then tried to say his name Ralph Lauren, while wearing a hoodie with his name on.
The report was quite interesting to write tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back