Ben Arfa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't understand this mentality of knocking flair players such as Sessegnon or Ben Arfa as only being flash in the pan or 'one in three' players.

Give me those two over total borecunts such as Gouffran or Larsson any day.
Agree with the jist of what youre saying but Larsson's miles better than Goffran you cheeky fecker

Agree with the jist of what youre saying but Larsson's miles better than Goffran you cheeky fecker

I totally agree. It was just part of my general point.

If I wanted to see hard work if pop a seat up and watch some dafty at Nissan put a car door on. But I'd pay a good amount to watch Ben Arfa take a player on.

He certainly splits opinions. I don't think he'd benefit from going to Barca, if he's not playing or told to play in a restricted role he'll not last 5 minutes there.

The year we finished 5th he was fantastic, his balance, quick feet and ability to burst through defences really was 2nd to none. I never really got the comparisons with Sess; Sess could put the graft in and could be explosive but in terms of ability, Ben Arfa was in a completely different league.

He'd be better off staying where he is. The manager trusts him, the fans love him and he's fit. Pardew nearly destroyed him.

:lol:

I don't really know what to say to try and disagree with this, but it's just not true. I can't remember seeing Ben Arfa doing as much damage to a top team as Sessegnon did away to City in the 3-3 the year they won the league and won every home game aside from that one.

'In a completely different league' lol.

Always said he was a cracking player and get laughed at, hes f***ing class when he can be arsed which seems like all the time these days

About to sign for barca, the smb reckons he wouldnt get a game for sunderland :lol:

He's a midfielder and he's averaging better than 1 in 2 games, absolutely nothing to turn your nose up at. It's a 'Piss poor league' but he's scored more than Di Maria who is in a far better side.

He's playing a forward wide role where he has freedom. He's the fulcrum of everything nice do and it's a one off season for him.

As for your earlier points. Since when has pardew been a defensive manager? And why do you think a manager would get frustrated with an overweight inconsistent player? You blame pardw but clearly ben arfa himself couldn't do the basics and get himself fit. Fans always look to try and excuse the player, but there's no excuses for his black of professionalism no matter how hard you try to excuse it. It's not like pardew has ever given chances to other talented but inconsistent players like Zaha or Bolasie is it? And handled Zaha especially well. No of course it's pardews fault ben arfa was about two stone overweight and not producing.

And so was Gary Breen..........

Inter Milan and parma among others iirc. Barcelona even looked at Thomas Sorensen when he was back up to begovic at Stoke. Means fuck all really.

Always said he was a cracking player and get laughed at, hes f***ing class when he can be arsed which seems like all the time these days

About to sign for barca, the smb reckons he wouldnt get a game for sunderland :lol:

Bullshit post from you, again.

His talent has never been in question, but it's not too long ago since he couldn't get games for Newcastle and struggled at Hull to the extent he fucked off from football till he could sign for someone in France. He's playing in a weak league and we're supposed to be impressed because for the first time in his career (29) he's scoring regularly and for the first time in about 5 years he's showing conso stench and you have the temerity to doubt those who are apprehensive of that because of his fitness, attitude and consistency during the rest of his career tempered against the level he's currently playing at?

Its us who should be chucking smileys out towards you.

Last edited:
Oh and Ben arfa despite playing more games in ligue one, over more seasons has only just overtaken wahbi khazri's goals scored over there by a couple this season. Khazri btw has averaged a 1 in 4 record in ligue one over three and a half seasons.

But it's not a shit league, doesn't safc2012 say khazri is shit???

Barca...also linked with Perez at the Mags:) The truth is if you play in a team with players you can 99% rely on to make correct decisions & handle tight situations , pretty much any player can comfortably slip into that team.

The only reason I could see for this is that he can play against the shit sides in La Liga to give Messi a rest. He has the ability and if he turns up should be more than enough for them against those teams and it will prevent Messi burning out in March.

Barca? Don't see them challenging for top European Honours.

Clearly on a downward spiral, even more so after this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back