Ben Arfa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until the fat little fucker gets stuck into the chorizo and paella. He'll have a heart attack in that Mediterranean heat.

More down to attitude not ability

I don't disagree, but despite the talent he had he just didn't contribute enough often enough.

The French league is not a poor league. As a mag it's conceivable you'll feel this way and jealous that he didn't fulfil his potential at your place

In terms of defending, organisation and goalkeeping it is a terrible league. In terms of technique, ability and some of the players they pull through at times it isn't at all. Also played at a slower pace, all of which gives players like Ben Arfa more time and space.

Last edited:
The 2nd most technically gifted player I have seen in a Newcastle shirt apart from Beardsley.

Put an arm around him and pander to his mental state and he'll win you games on his own.

I don't disagree, but despite the talent he had he just didn't contribute enough often enough.

In terms of defending, organisation and goalkeeping it is a terrible league. In terms of technique, ability and some of the players they pull through at times it isn't at all. Also played at a slower pace, all of which gives players like Ben Arfa more time and space.
He wouldn't be a top quality player if Barcelona were (genuinely) interested in him

Put an arm around him and pander to his mental state and he'll win you games on his own.

So nobody has thought of this or done it? Do you have to pander to his love of cakes too?

Being unfit and fat doesn't win you games in 2016.

So nobody has thought of this or done it? Do you have to pander to his love of cakes too?

Being unfit and fat doesn't win you games in 2016.

He's not unfit and not fat and he's winning games in 2016. Purely because he has a manager that puts him in a setup where he believes in him and he gets him to express himself.

Defensive Dinosaurs like Pardew and Bruce will not get the best out of him.

He wouldn't be a top quality player if Barcelona were (genuinely) interested in him

Not quite sure what you mean. But not every player Barcelona sign (let assume Ben Arfa does sign) is a superstar who plays you know. Some are decent, some are talented, some barely play. All top clubs make mistakes or weird signings, so unless he signs and regularly plays and contributes it means absolutely fuck all.

There's a massive different with Ben Arfa and Sess. Sess was professional, fit, sometimes brilliant, but always contributing winning freekicks and moving us forward as a team even in his worst form. Ben Arfa although extremely talented was fat, unfit and often half arsed. Just not the same and a poor comparison.

Wasn't comparing them as players more how fans view them. I loved Sess in my opinion he is the best player we've had since promotion yet many on here don't rate him. Similar with the way Ben Arfa is seen at Newcastle plenty love him and plenty don't

He's turned his career around, looks very fit now and has scored some decent goals, will be interesting to see how he does.

He certainly splits opinions. I don't think he'd benefit from going to Barca, if he's not playing or told to play in a restricted role he'll not last 5 minutes there.

The year we finished 5th he was fantastic, his balance, quick feet and ability to burst through defences really was 2nd to none. I never really got the comparisons with Sess; Sess could put the graft in and could be explosive but in terms of ability, Ben Arfa was in a completely different league.

He'd be better off staying where he is. The manager trusts him, the fans love him and he's fit. Pardew nearly destroyed him.

He's not unfit and not fat and he's winning games in 2016. Purely because he has a manager that puts him in a setup where he believes in him and he gets him to express himself.

Defensive Dinosaurs like Pardew and Bruce will not get the best out of him.

He's winning games in a piss poor league, in France. Scored 17 goals, but only has 5 assists in 32 games.

Bruce didn't get much of a chance to do anything with him tbf, but Bruce is exactly the type of manager who would put an arm around him and let him do what wanted etc - like he did with players like Dugarry and Bent to an extent setting the team up around him, nor is Bruce defensive.

Last edited:
He's winning games in a piss poor league, in France. Scored 17 goals, but only has 5 assists in 32 games.

Bruce didn't get much of a chance to do anything with him tbf, but Bruce is exactly the type of manager who would put an arm around him and let him do what wanted etc - like he did with players like Dugarry, nor is Bruce defensive.

He's a midfielder and he's averaging better than 1 in 2 games, absolutely nothing to turn your nose up at. It's a 'Piss poor league' but he's scored more than Di Maria who is in a far better side.

I said a while back I'd have him here, He's not good enough for Barca, he's going to be a bench warmer but will still play coming on for one of their front three but with a good attitude he can be key player for a lot of teams. You mention poor league but he is out performing a lot of that leagues so called big players.

Can't understand this mentality of knocking flair players such as Sessegnon or Ben Arfa as only being flash in the pan or 'one in three' players.

Give me those two over total borecunts such as Gouffran or Larsson any day.

I never understand this Sess bollox. He was consistently our best player. Only a blind man or numpty would say otherwise

Class record for us as well. People don't like him after he got caught drink driving while we had a cup match so decide to come out with the same utter shite

Can't understand this mentality of knocking flair players such as Sessegnon or Ben Arfa as only being flash in the pan or 'one in three' players.

Give me those two over total borecunts such as Gouffran or Larsson any day.

Some people prefer hard work over talent. Borini is adored by our fans (me included) but he isn't anywhere near as good as Sess

I never understand this Sess bollox. He was consistently our best player. Only a blind man or numpty would say otherwise
He was inconstant as f***ing anything just like Ben Arfa I'm not saying he was totally shite or owt

There's a regular poster on Newcastle Online who lives in and supports Barca. He's confirmed that their press are reporting Ben Arfa is being looked at. Madness really, a player we shipped out to Hull and then let go could end up there. Some people reckon that Pardew is a good manager....

Ben Arfas record at Newcastle of a goal or an assist every 182 minutes suggests he wasn't a 1 in 10 player or that he didn't produce enough. Get a talent like him, manage him well and you'll reap the rewards - I don't think anyone doubts his talent.

Having said that, I don't think Barcelona would be the best move for him. Chelsea were linked today, and the likes of Dortmund have been - I'd certainly say Dortmund would be a better move to play under Tuchel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back