Ben Arfa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the fabulous and amazing sess who went on to have a Stella career with his sublime skills as a bit part player and mostly unused sub at wba, talk about rose tinted f***ing glasses.

Ah the fabulous and amazing sess who went on to have a Stella career with his sublime skills as a bit part player and mostly unused sub at wba, talk about rose tinted f***ing glasses.

He starts these days but it means fuck all. Phillips had an average career after he left us, Bent is now a sub for Derby County. Judging players off where they went after us is daft. Is Henderson one of our greatest players because he's captain of Liverpool now?

He starts these days but it means fuck all. Phillips had an average career after he left us, Bent is now a sub for Derby County. Judging players off where they went after us is daft. Is Henderson one of our greatest players because he's captain of Liverpool now?

Er I think moving on to what we would hate to admit is a top club in Britain and being captain would make him a better player than a sub for WBA. You don't get a move up to a top club in Britain if you're shite and down to a struggler if you're class to be fair.

Plus Bent didn't leave us for Derby he left for Villa for 16 million quid

Last edited:
He certainly splits opinions. I don't think he'd benefit from going to Barca, if he's not playing or told to play in a restricted role he'll not last 5 minutes there.

The year we finished 5th he was fantastic, his balance, quick feet and ability to burst through defences really was 2nd to none. I never really got the comparisons with Sess; Sess could put the graft in and could be explosive but in terms of ability, Ben Arfa was in a completely different league.

He'd be better off staying where he is. The manager trusts him, the fans love him and he's fit. Pardew nearly destroyed him.
He'll benefit by at least tripling his wage
He'll benefit by knowing neymar, messi and suarez are as but probably more gifted.
He clearly has always had great talent but he's also been at teams where he is the biggest talent on the books.
If he fails at barca he's still going to be a źillionnaire, much as that pains the jumpers for goalposts clots. If he succeeds he can join the greats and also be a zillionnaire.
No brainer for him.

Er I think moving on to what we would hate to admit is a top club in Britain and being captain would make him a better player than a sub for WBA. You don't get a move up to a top club in Britain if you're shite and down to a struggler if you're class to be fair.

Sess went to WBA for peanuts, I've seen hundreds of midfielders for us and can name, Reyna, Schwarz, Hutchison, Summerbee, Johnston off the top off my head as being better midfielders for us than sess.

The 2nd most technically gifted player I have seen in a Newcastle shirt apart from Beardsley.

Put an arm around him and pander to his mental state and he'll win you games on his own.

Where does Gascoigne fit into your ratings?

He's playing a forward wide role where he has freedom. He's the fulcrum of everything nice do and it's a one off season for him.

As for your earlier points. Since when has pardew been a defensive manager? And why do you think a manager would get frustrated with an overweight inconsistent player? You blame pardw but clearly ben arfa himself couldn't do the basics and get himself fit. Fans always look to try and excuse the player, but there's no excuses for his black of professionalism no matter how hard you try to excuse it. It's not like pardew has ever given chances to other talented but inconsistent players like Zaha or Bolasie is it? And handled Zaha especially well. No of course it's pardews fault ben arfa was about two stone overweight and not producing.

Inter Milan and parma among others iirc. Barcelona even looked at Thomas Sorensen when he was back up to begovic at Stoke. Means fuck all really.

Bullshit post from you, again.

His talent has never been in question, but it's not too long ago since he couldn't get games for Newcastle and struggled at Hull to the extent he fucked off from football till he could sign for someone in France. He's playing in a weak league and we're supposed to be impressed because for the first time in his career (29) he's scoring regularly and for the first time in about 5 years he's showing conso stench and you have the temerity to doubt those who are apprehensive of that because of his fitness, attitude and consistency during the rest of his career tempered against the level he's currently playing at?

Its us who should be chucking smileys out towards you.

How do you know it's a one off season from him? Have you seen into the future already?

On the second bit in bold :lol: I experienced Pardew for years, man. I know his M.O. For all his talk of 'front foot football' which seemingly you've been totally taken in by, it's a complete fallacy. Look at the stats from his teams for shots/on target to see how 'front foot' his football really is.

Only last week he was time-wasting after 15 minutes, and that's against a team that was in the bottom 3.

He wasn't shite for the mags.
He had his moments but he didn't turn up more often than not.

He'll benefit by at least tripling his wage
He'll benefit by knowing neymar, messi and suarez are as but probably more gifted.
He clearly has always had great talent but he's also been at teams where he is the biggest talent on the books.
If he fails at barca he's still going to be a źillionnaire, much as that pains the jumpers for goalposts clots. If he succeeds he can join the greats and also be a zillionnaire.
No brainer for him.
No footballers are Zillionnaires. You tit.

Last edited:
How do you know it's a one off season from him? Have you seen into the future already?

On the second bit in bold :lol: I experienced Pardew for years, man. I know his M.O. For all his talk of 'front foot football' which seemingly you've been totally taken in by, it's a complete fallacy. Look at the stats from his teams for shots/on target to see how 'front foot' his football really is.

Only last week he was time-wasting after 15 minutes, and that's against a team that was in the bottom 3.

It's a one off season in his career so far ffs, at 29 - it's not hard to understand is it?

Pardew isn't a defensive orientated manager, I've seen his teams for 15+ years. Like most managers he wants players to contribute and be organised in a system because his sides aren't good enough not to be. Generally they're counter attacking sides. That's not being defensive it's absolute common sense. He's not just going to let some fat maverick loose in case he turns up now and again and say goodbye to team harmony and the problems that would cause in the dressing room. You see the only way other players will accept people like Ben Arfa in the side is if they dig them out the shit week in week out or they toe the line being fit, motivated whilst also being inconsistent. Ben Arfa for most of his career hasn't done either hence why he found himself back in France clubless when he should have been in his prime.

Palace were away last week and on a horrendous run, especially away. What do you expect his team to do, come out all guns blazing? For my entire time watching football (going back to the late eighties) sides like Palace know they can come to Sunderland or Newcastle, keep it tight and keep hold of the ball for the first 20 minutes or half an hour and we'll start to get restless, even critical. In a nervy situation like last week where he only needed a couple of points to be completely safe and the fact he knows the area, only a fool would expect him to approach it in any other way.

Sess went to WBA for peanuts, I've seen hundreds of midfielders for us and can name, Reyna, Schwarz, Hutchison, Summerbee, Johnston off the top off my head as being better midfielders for us than sess.

Some of those weren't even better, some only showed any real form in the Championship. Utter nonsense.

Thats completely untrue too. He was WBA's most influential payer first season and a regular when not injured. Second season he was in and out, had a few injuries and not seemingly fancied by Pulis who preffered the likes of Gardner wide. This season he's come an important part of the side again when they have their best team out.

Who is this idiot btw, he seems familiar?

The only reason I could see for this is that he can play against the shit sides in La Liga to give Messi a rest. He has the ability and if he turns up should be more than enough for them against those teams and it will prevent Messi burning out in March.

IF he does go there he'll be there as back up on the bench, maybe used in some of the cup games if they move on one or two like Tello, Ramirez, El Haddadi or Turan isn't fit. He'd have a job getting on the bench.

Last edited:

Sess was better than Henderson for us easily.

If Barca did sign Ben Arfa (who's out of contract) would be for free, if it doesn't work out they'll make a handy quick profit on him win/win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back