Baseball Post Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a game between the Giants and the Cubs. 4 in the 9th from the Cubs and the save from Chapman. Unbelievable scenes, not sure who id want to face between the Dodgers and the Nats
Just caught up with it now. What a game. I had given up going into the ninth but what a turn of events. Fancy the Cubs to take care of Nats or Dodgers.

Fly the W
Logon or register to see this image

Love October...baseball playoffs, CFL down to the wire, hockey season starting and the NFL underway...and Sunderland win their first game.

Lets not get over excited

Well, things are starting to take shape. It's really too close to call between the Indians and the Jays - again I reckon that will all come down to whether Cleveland can put a lid on Toronto's hitting.

Out of the two I think that the Dodgers have the best shot at giving the cubbies a run for their money but as we saw with Jays/Rangers resting up for a few days can sometimes be a disadvantage in baseball.

Either way it's shaping up nicely. Roll on...

Shouldn't be an issue as both teams will have had an extended rest. It will give the Jays a chance to get their starting rotation sorted out as it was all screwed up by the wildcard game.

Shouldn't be an issue as both teams will have had an extended rest. It will give the Jays a chance to get their starting rotation sorted out as it was all screwed up by the wildcard game.
I was on about whoever plays the Cubs might have that advantage. I was happy that Cleveland swept the Sox for that same reason.

Down to 4 teams now, Blue Jays vs Indians in the AL and Cubs vs Dodgers in the NL. ALCS Game 1 tonight.

what would the expected outcome of those two matches be?
The Cubbies have been the best team in baseball all year, so them.

The Jays beat the best American league team and Cleveland beat the highest scoring team so both are a bit underdogish. Both have great pitching.

In baseball though, form can go out of the window at this stage of the season. Whoever wants it the most.

Blue Jays @ Indians starts in 20 minutes or so, home advantage for the Indians first two games but still think they might not do it.
Good news is Mike Napoli is talking about maybe signing on for another year, might get to see him next season when I'm over :p

Indians win 2-0, 1 up in the series

Last edited:
That was a great game last night, a real pitchers' duel. Unfortunately (for my Jays) Estrada made one mistake and it got tagged. Ah well...20 game winner Happ on the mound tonight and we try again. 1-1 going back to the dome will leave the series well balanced. It was always going to be about the Toronto bats...last night they just didn't get going even though they had Kluber on the ropes early in the game. Time to step it up Toronto...

That was a great game last night, a real pitchers' duel. Unfortunately (for my Jays) Estrada made one mistake and it got tagged. Ah well...20 game winner Happ on the mound tonight and we try again. 1-1 going back to the dome will leave the series well balanced. It was always going to be about the Toronto bats...last night they just didn't get going even though they had Kluber on the ropes early in the game. Time to step it up Toronto...
Yep, could see the Jay's had the hitters, just couldn't get the breakthrough (phew ;))
To get anything out of the next couple I think they really need to hope Napoli breaks his poor run, he's been terrible since early September.

Cubbies start against LA tonight. Hopefully Rizzo and Russell's bats get going. Overall strength of the team should be enough over 7 games but you never know.

Jays @ Indians just started - suspect this will be a lot tougher as Tomlin has been known to give up a few runs

Indians win 2-1 to go 2 up in the series.

Next games Monday night in Toronto, the missus is somewhat emotional right now :lol:

Last edited:
Cubs game just about to start at Wrigley with the wind blowing out. Should be a great game.
Just finished watching it after being out this morning. Another great finish and a W for the Cubbies. Miggie Montero grand slam bottom of the 8th.
Just have to beat Kershaw tonight now.

Indians won 4-2 at Toronto last night to go 3-0 in the series.
Opening pitcher Bauer had to retire after 2/3 of an inning, as his stitches on his right pinky have way.
On Friday he'd been working on one of his dryness and swapped the battery pack, thing started up and took a chunk out his finger. 10 stitches, and rules say no dressings, covering etc allowed on the pitching hand.
Fella had a lot of heart to give it a go after coming through a bullpen session, but 90 mph fastballs just burst it open.
Shame some of the home fans saw fit to jeer him as he went off, but the bullpen did a great job picking up the slack.
Also great to see Napoli shake his terrible run and get 1 RBI and a HR.

Tonight's game is at 9 bst on ESPN
Indians could make their first WS since 97

Will be massive if the Jays can turn the series around. Not looking likely though as they need to win all 4 remaining games and their hitters haven't got going so far.

Yep. A minor miracle needed for my Jays now. I was more worried about Cleveland than Boston and my fears have been proven to be correct. They've just been that little bit better in most departments and the old baseball adage that good pitching beats good hitting, has been true again.

Hopefully we avoid the sweep tonight.

Jays up 2-0 in the bottom of the 4th in game 4 of the ALCS. Atmosphere is electric there tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back