Baseball Post Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested?

For my sins I have got into it over the last three or four years, mainly due to a lad at work who loves his cricket (as I do) and who lived in San Fransisco for a while and got into Baseball.

He subscribes to the At Bat service and has given me his log in so I get to watch any match I want any time, either live or delayed.

I chose to follow the Red Sox when I first started watching it and they are away to Cleveland in the first game of the American League Semi Finals tonight. It does not start till 1am though so cant watch it live but will be watching the second game of the series tomorrow night as its an earlier 9pm our time start.

Once you get past the rounders jokes and the 'world series' issues, its actually a great sport with a long history, far longer than any of the other 'American sports' and goes back to about the same time as our own football league.

I enjoy it. Not as much as the NHL, NBA or NFL, but it's decent. Been to see the Red Six twice. Once in Tampa and once in New York.

Baseball's history pisses all over the other North American professional leagues. Baseball-Reference has batter by batter statistics for games going back into the 19th century. Outside of college football and the NHL (Canada only of course), none of the other sports were more than a sideshow until after WWII and even currently popular leagues like the NBA didn't even have their finals games on live TV as recently as the late 1970s.

As always, it's anyone but the Cubs for me. The Mags of American sport.

I'll be following the Indians in their quest for glory. Missus to be drive back up from South Carolina for this and is currently in the stadium with her old man and sister right now.
As you said, late tonight, but more manageable Friday and Saturday.

Jays fan here. Got into it when we moved to Canada. Was at the wildcard game on Tuesday night - great finish to the game!

They're doing well at the minute against the Rangers - let's see whether that lasts when the bull pen comes in...

Interest has waned a bit since the glory days of Johnny Gould and Josh Chetwin on Channel 5. I sort of picked the Red Sox as well due to their obvious similarities with SAFC, but then Francona's team went and ruined it by actually winning the thing.

Picked it up again this season with Big Pappy's farewell tour.

LET'S GO CUBS!

I enjoy watching baseball. I am from California and should really be a Dodgers or Angels fan but when I was a little kid our school took a trip to Catalina Island and we were taught the whole history about how the Cubbies used to go there for Spring training and I become an instant fan. Been a fan ever since. This could finally be our year, but I am trying to keep my expectations in check... that whole curse business does get to you.

LET'S GO CUBS!

I enjoy watching baseball. I am from California and should really be a Dodgers or Angels fan but when I was a little kid our school took a trip to Catalina Island and we were taught the whole history about how the Cubbies used to go there for Spring training and I become an instant fan. Been a fan ever since. This could finally be our year, but I am trying to keep my expectations in check... that whole curse business does get to you.
Any other year but this year. The Cubbies are my second team but I really want this Blue Jays team to take it all. Chasing Hamels in the 4th inning tonight was just beautiful. The Jays' bats haven't clicked all year but if they do it could be scary. If things go tits up then I'd love to see you win it...just not against us.

Love baseball now. Lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 30 years but only got into the game the last 5 or 6. Last nights game between the SF Giants and the Mets was amazing. No score going into the ninth then the giants hit a 3 run homer . One of the most exciting games I have seen in a long time. Looking forward to the game with the Cubs on Friday. The City is really buzzing. Going to go into SF tomorrow to soak up the atmosphere as well as a few beers.

Indians up 5-3 going into the 7th.
I've had a pile of vids on WhatsApp from the game, atmosphere looks amazing.
Bloke sitting next to the yankette is from Sunderland, MLF!
I really should go back to sleep, but it's addictive

Love baseball now. Lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 30 years but only got into the game the last 5 or 6. Last nights game between the SF Giants and the Mets was amazing. No score going into the ninth then the giants hit a 3 run homer . One of the most exciting games I have seen in a long time. Looking forward to the game with the Cubs on Friday. The City is really buzzing. Going to go into SF tomorrow to soak up the atmosphere as well as a few beers.

Have you been to Giants stadium? I had seats in the gods (deliberately) what a view. I get into it every time I'm in the us but as soon as I get back home the time difference fucks me and I lose track of it. Is Bumgarner as good as they make out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back