Baseball Post Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the way home from work to watch the rest of the game on Tv. Despite the unseasonably warm weather this afternoon (20 degrees) they've got the roof shut so I can't hear the crowd as I'm walking past

Jays win 5-1. Got there bats swinging and restricted the Indians to 2 hits. I would like them to win the next game to keep things interesting.

Game started at 9 BST
Indians 1-0, error by Jays fielder let Lindor run home from 2nd.

Indians have a rookie pitcher in tonight, Ryan Merritt, lad has thrown 11 innings before tonight in the majors.

Indians win 3-0
Series 3-1

NBA season opener and Game 1 of the World Series both on the same night, across the street from each other, this Tuesday in Cleveland

Last edited:
2 -2 Cubs Dodgers, game about to start, Lester on the mound tonight, Cubs bats finally get going! Lets go Cubs

2 -2 Cubs Dodgers, game about to start, Lester on the mound tonight, Cubs bats finally get going! Lets go Cubs

Nice win for the Cubbies. Bats have woken up apart from Hayward who is f***ing hopeless. 3-2 back to Wrigley.
Just have to beat Kershaw but failing that Arietta is waiting for game 7.

Obviously upset that my Jays didn't do themselves justice but the upside is that a Cubs/Indians WS will make for very entertaining viewing.

Cubs win 5-0, Hendricks was on fire! Cubs heading to the World Series, 1st time since 1945. Absolute scenes

The most boring spectator sport ever
Couldn't be wronger. Been to a few games over in the States and had a great time in each. Mind you, I love the game. If you hate it, you'll have a shit time.

Love baseball now. Lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 30 years but only got into the game the last 5 or 6. Last nights game between the SF Giants and the Mets was amazing. No score going into the ninth then the giants hit a 3 run homer . One of the most exciting games I have seen in a long time. Looking forward to the game with the Cubs on Friday. The City is really buzzing. Going to go into SF tomorrow to soak up the atmosphere as well as a few beers.
AT&T was the last stadium I was at, few years ago now. Giants vs Rockies in the last evening game of the season, 7-1 to the Giants including a HR from Belt. Atmosphere was great for the whole game and including on the streets later on.

Last edited:
Couldn't be wronger. Been to a few games over in the States and had a great time in each. Mind you, I love the game. If you hate it, you'll have a shit time.

AT&T was the last stadium I was at, few years ago now. Giants vs Rockies in the last evening game of the season, 7-1 to the Giants including a HR from Belt. Atmosphere was great for the whole game and including on the streets later on.
For me there is nothing better than an afternoon game at AT&T. Start in the Public House bar which has a turnstile at the back to let you into the stadium, go to your seat with great views across the bay and enjoy the good atmosphere. After the game pop into the Twenty first Amendment then hit a couple of bars on Second street.

For me there is nothing better than an afternoon game at AT&T. Start in the Public House bar which has a turnstile at the back to let you into the stadium, go to your seat with great views across the bay and enjoy the good atmosphere. After the game pop into the Twenty first Amendment then hit a couple of bars on Second street.
That does sound like a canny way to spend a few hours

Cubs win 5-0, Hendricks was on fire! Cubs heading to the World Series, 1st time since 1945. Absolute scenes

Just finished watching. Great performance. Hendricks especially was magic.

4 more to go!!

LET'S GO CUBS!

I enjoy watching baseball. I am from California and should really be a Dodgers or Angels fan but when I was a little kid our school took a trip to Catalina Island and we were taught the whole history about how the Cubbies used to go there for Spring training and I become an instant fan. Been a fan ever since. This could finally be our year, but I am trying to keep my expectations in check... that whole curse business does get to you.
My son spent about 8 months in Chicago at university he really immersed himself in the American sports scene. Did the Bears, Blackhawks and the Cubs. He has now got BT sport so he can watch the play offs and I have to admit I am getting into it once the boy explained the rules.

Just finished watching. Great performance. Hendricks especially was magic.

4 more to go!!
You do realise that there are ancient prophecies concerning The Cubs winning the WS and the end-of-times don't you?

Meh....fuck it. Go Cubbies. ;)

It was Pac Bell Stadium when I was there but it is a beautiful place to watch baseball.

Last edited:
World Series starts on Tuesday night, really looking forward to it. Hopefully the Cubs starting pitching stays solid and there bats stay hot. Lester to get the ball game 1

World Series starts on Tuesday night, really looking forward to it. Hopefully the Cubs starting pitching stays solid and there bats stay hot. Lester to get the ball game 1
Looks like a lot of missed sleep over the next week.

Big day is here. Cubs have activated Schwarber to the WS roster. Lets Go

Big day is here. Cubs have activated Schwarber to the WS roster. Lets Go

Man, that's risky. He'll obviously only DH in the AL park and pinch hit at home, but I wouldn't toss a guy into the World Series who's had 6 months off followed by 6 at bats against minor leaguers in live action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back