Amir Khan v...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Khan, i rate Canelo, and i do believe this fight will be one of the best of the year...
As far as fighting Bradley...iirc Khan turned down the chance to fight Bradley who in turn refused to fight Khan at a later date and moved up in weight..
Alexander WAS a decent fighter but when the fight was announced i said Khan was too quick and did everything better then Alexander...
The fight outside of Brook that i wanted to see again was Maidana after his last loss to Mayweather (but his motivation has gone sadly).
Thurman....i like him but don't know yet if he is really all that, the winner of his fight with porter should fight Brook next and unify the division....if its Brook then Khan can come back down for a uk fight

Not many give Khan a chance, This vid is funny.

Yes I have to say that I think Khan would of beaten paq and probably mayweather, mayweather is brilliant but he wouldn't know what to do against Khan IMO, it seems such an un popular view to say Khan would beat him but theres a lot of evidence to suggest he'd win.

You're not serious, surely?

Khan is exactly the type of fighter whom Mayweather destroys.

You think Khan is too quick for Mayweather?! Heard it all now.

The only type of fighter who has a chance against Mayweather is someone who puts him under a lot of pressure as that's not his territory, and Khan simply wouldn't be able to do that. By pressure I mean a Hatton type fighter who is looking to get inside and hit you from all angles all of the time and can walk through a few to get there. Didn't work out for Hatton but then he wasn't fighting at his natural weight and Mayweather was ultimately too big a lad for him.

For Khan to have any chance of beating Mayweather, he'd have to wait until Mayweather is the wrong side of 40.

Khan is not an all rounder boxer. Quick yeah but a rabbit caught in headlights against the good fighters. Doesn't have the chin for it, but not only that he doesn't have the brain for it. He's never sure what to do when it gets tough.

To think that one of the all the time greats of any era wouldn't know what to do with Khan is laughable. He'd have sized him up within a round and knocked him out within 4. Khan monumentally out of is league against that sort of quality.

Oh, and Khan is out of his depth with Kell Brook. A proper fighter who can box, can scrap a bit, decent chin. Too much of an all round boxer. Obviously Khan would always have a puncher's chance, but 9 times out of 10 Brook would beat him.

You're not serious, surely?

Khan is exactly the type of fighter whom Mayweather destroys.

You think Khan is too quick for Mayweather?! Heard it all now.

The only type of fighter who has a chance against Mayweather is someone who puts him under a lot of pressure as that's not his territory, and Khan simply wouldn't be able to do that. By pressure I mean a Hatton type fighter who is looking to get inside and hit you from all angles all of the time and can walk through a few to get there. Didn't work out for Hatton but then he wasn't fighting at his natural weight and Mayweather was ultimately too big a lad for him.

For Khan to have any chance of beating Mayweather, he'd have to wait until Mayweather is the wrong side of 40.

Khan is not an all rounder boxer. Quick yeah but a rabbit caught in headlights against the good fighters. Doesn't have the chin for it, but not only that he doesn't have the brain for it. He's never sure what to do when it gets tough.

To think that one of the all the time greats of any era wouldn't know what to do with Khan is laughable. He'd have sized him up within a round and knocked him out within 4. Khan monumentally out of is league against that sort of quality.

Oh, and Khan is out of his depth with Kell Brook. A proper fighter who can box, can scrap a bit, decent chin. Too much of an all round boxer. Obviously Khan would always have a puncher's chance, but 9 times out of 10 Brook would beat him.
Where did I say Khan was to quick? Khan puts loads of pressure on fighters and throws loads of shots, have you even watched him ,he looks assured and calm under hunter many people have said that including pros ,ex pros and fans :lol:

I like this vid. Haye and Khan chilling talking shop about David vs Goliath

Mate, I am well up for this fight.

Even started watching him train. lol Khan is looking beefy.

I like haye but I always felt he liked a celebrity lifestyle rather than being in and around the ring etc.

Watched him a lot and not good enough at that level, not by a long chalk.
Really? He looked great against maidana took everything he threw at him , mayweather struggled with him in his first fight, if Khan wasn't good enough for that level he would of never won world titles etc I respect your opinion though but it's daft writing Khan off against anyone in his weight, especially since hunter took over.

Last edited:
I like haye but I always felt he liked a celebrity lifestyle rather than being in and around the ring etc.

Really? He looked great against maidana took everything he threw at him , mayweather struggled with him in his first fight, if Khan wasn't good enough for that level he would of never won world titles etc I respect your opinion though but it's daft writing Khan off against anyone in his weight, especially since hunter took over.

I know what you mean. Like you I still like Haye though. Seems like a canny fella.

I like the fact that British fighters are sticking together. Well apart from Brook/Khan

Its a good time to be in British boxing.

I know what you mean. Like you I still like Haye though. Seems like a canny fella.

I like the fact that British fighters are sticking together. Well apart from Brook/Khan

Its a good time to be in British boxing.
Yeh I agree mate, I think brook can't understand why Khan is still a big name even though he hasn't been a serious belt holder for like 3 years, it blatantly pisses him off. (fair play to Khan though he went and did his thing in america and is still reaping the rewards from that exposure)

Yeh I agree mate, I think brook can't understand why Khan is still a big name even though he hasn't been a serious belt holder for like 3 years, it blatantly pisses him off. (fair play to Khan though he went and did his thing in america and is still reaping the rewards from that exposure)

Correct mate. I think Froch was irked by the same thing. Thought Khan got it all too quick and easy. Personally I think yeah he might have a little because of the Olympics exposure etc, but since then one thing you cant say about Khan is that he hasn't took big fights. His fight card is littered with good fights.

Brook Khan is gonna be a class fight. One that I will be going to.

Correct mate. I think Froch was irked by the same thing. Thought Khan got it all too quick and easy. Personally I think yeah he might have a little because of the Olympics exposure etc, but since then one thing you cant say about Khan is that he hasn't took big fights. His fight card is littered with good fights.

Brook Khan is gonna be a class fight. One that I will be going to.
Thats completely right IMO, the one thing I hated Is when froch and brook were slating Khan it kind of made it popular for fans to jump on the bandwagon and do the same . It will be a class fight, tbh I'm surprised brook hasn't gone up weight, he gets pretty heavy between fights :lol:

Heres some vids that got my juices flowing

He's spot on about Canelo's power mind. His knockout of an iron-chinned Baldomir was hugely impressive but other than that, the only fighter he's properly starched in recent years is Kirkland who was well past his prime, had no defence and no chin.

As much as I can't see anything other than a Canelo stoppage, he is far from the knockout machine that Golden Boy are trying to hype him up as.

Spot on. Look at how much success Maidana had against him at times in their first fight.

He's spot on about Canelo's power mind. His knockout of an iron-chinned Baldomir was hugely impressive but other than that, the only fighter he's properly starched in recent years is Kirkland who was well past his prime, had no defence and no chin.

As much as I can't see anything other than a Canelo stoppage, he is far from the knockout machine that Golden Boy are trying to hype him up as.

Spot on. Look at how much success Maidana had against him at times in their first fight.

I totally agree mate. That's why its such an intriguing fight. Khan has a chance a slim one but a chance nother than less. He has to fight the perfect fight, and listen to Virgil 100%, nee bravado and box clever. I'm more confident in Khan because of virgil. How can you not listen to that sage, heed everything he says and want to impress him?

Its a win win fight for Khan, unless he gets sparked out in the first few round, but like you say thats probably not on the cards.

I think people underestimate how much rep Khan has in America. You never know that might sway the judges in a close fight.

I totally agree mate. That's why its such an intriguing fight. Khan has a chance a slim one but a chance nother than less. He has to fight the perfect fight, and listen to Virgil 100%, nee bravado and box clever. I'm more confident in Khan because of virgil. How can you not listen to that sage, heed everything he says and want to impress him?

Its a win win fight for Khan, unless he gets sparked out in the first few round, but like you say thats probably not on the cards.

I think people underestimate how much rep Khan has in America. You never know that might sway the judges in a close fight.
1 judge gave Canelo a draw against Mayweather!!
1 judge gave Canelo a 10-2 verdict against Cotto and the other 9-3

Khan aint winning any close decisions...(even though i've bet on him to win by point etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back