Amir Khan v...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Khan, i rate Canelo, and i do believe this fight will be one of the best of the year...
As far as fighting Bradley...iirc Khan turned down the chance to fight Bradley who in turn refused to fight Khan at a later date and moved up in weight..
Alexander WAS a decent fighter but when the fight was announced i said Khan was too quick and did everything better then Alexander...
The fight outside of Brook that i wanted to see again was Maidana after his last loss to Mayweather (but his motivation has gone sadly).
Thurman....i like him but don't know yet if he is really all that, the winner of his fight with porter should fight Brook next and unify the division....if its Brook then Khan can come back down for a uk fight
I think Khan is obsessed with super fights or he would of made it his main goal to take a belt at welterweight and not wait around for a huge fight like Alvarez, he spends to much time sitting on his hands, he could be a welterweight champion now, yet he's wasted a whole year doing nothing , I rate him and he seems a canny lad but this fight seems all about money I don't believe he thinks he can win IMO

I think Khan is obsessed with super fights or he would of made it his main goal to take a belt at welterweight and not wait around for a huge fight like Alvarez, he spends to much time sitting on his hands, he could be a welterweight champion now, yet he's wasted a whole year doing nothing , I rate him and he seems a canny lad but this fight seems all about money I don't believe he thinks he can win IMO
The worst thing is, i genuinely believe he has/had the best chance to beat Mayweather in the last 3 years due to his blistering hand speed and footwork...(Mainly due to Mayweather slowing down a little bit over these years and punch power gone).
Pacman v Khan is another fight that had the potential to be a classic...
IF khan wins.....lets see if he wants any part of GGG

Reactions: Dsb
The worst thing is, i genuinely believe he has/had the best chance to beat Mayweather in the last 3 years due to his blistering hand speed and footwork...(Mainly due to Mayweather slowing down a little bit over these years and punch power gone).
Pacman v Khan is another fight that had the potential to be a classic...
IF khan wins.....lets see if he wants any part of GGG
Yes I have to say that I think Khan would of beaten paq and probably mayweather, mayweather is brilliant but he wouldn't know what to do against Khan IMO, it seems such an un popular view to say Khan would beat him but theres a lot of evidence to suggest he'd win.

Khans got Virgil hunter As trainer now and looks improved, in Khans defence the 2 times he got knocked out they where brilliant shots and quite a while ago. He also took clean madaina shots and didn't go down, I don't buy into the glass chin stuff.

Spot on mate. Virgil hunter agrees with you. Love listening to him impart wisdom. Could listen to him all day.

Yes I have to say that I think Khan would of beaten paq and probably mayweather, mayweather is brilliant but he wouldn't know what to do against Khan IMO, it seems such an un popular view to say Khan would beat him but theres a lot of evidence to suggest he'd win.
mayweather 2007 beats khan every time, 2010-2016... 50/50

Khan can't fight on the inside. That will be his downfall. That and his defence consists of putting his hands to his face and just letting his opponent tee off. Canelo by brutal KO within 7.

Hilarious that anyone could say that Khan could beat Mayweather at any point in either of their careers.

If Khan dreamt that he'd beat Floyd he would call him the next day to apologise

Hilarious that anyone could say that Khan could beat Mayweather at any point in either of their careers.

floyd is a master technician with very fast hands, footwork etc... Knockout artists and high volume punchers couldnt get near him...
speed kills (it's why many people, myself included gave pacquiao a 'chance' to beat Mayweather), it's why Khan would have a chance IF they fought right now as Khan is actually quicker than Floyd now.

floyd is a master technician with very fast hands, footwork etc... Knockout artists and high volume punchers couldnt get near him...
speed kills (it's why many people, myself included gave pacquiao a 'chance' to beat Mayweather), it's why Khan would have a chance IF they fought right now as Khan is actually quicker than Floyd now.
He wouldn't...you're wrong

I really rate hunter, he could improve most fighters IMO full of knowledge.

My thoughts too.

Class that like - agree with every word.

That was only a snippet of the full interview. I'll see if I can post the rest up later.

I've been watching a few bids of the build up to this fight. Getting proper gee'd up now.

Wise words....

Such a cool fella. Would love to be in his presence. He talks everyone listens

:lol:
Mate. It's fight week leading up to his biggest fight. Adrenaline must be kicking in.

Last edited:

If anyone's going to have a chance of beating Mayweather they either need a superb jab, or to be able to get inside and maul him. Khan doesn't really possess either attribute.

Looking forward to this and the card as a whole.

On a different note, have you ever seen a worse undercard for Crolla-Barroso on an Eddie Hearn card, like ever?

It's pure gash.

Last edited:
1. He could be giving up anywhere between 20-30 lbs on fight night
2. Virgil can train his defence all he likes but Amir's problem has been instinct taking over when rattled and sense isn't available
3. Those saying he needs to box at distance, it's not that simple. I don't quite think you appreciate the mental fortitude and discipline it takes to do that for 12 full rounds. That is what separates the elite from the world class.

It's absolutely lifting. I'm looking forward to Crolla-Barroso though, really enjoy watching Crolla fight.
I honestly can't motivate myself to watch this card....my dislike for the hearn and the Adam Smith cartel is too powerful for this fight.

Khan v canelo on the other hand, absolute quality fight.....Brook will have the petlip on big time on Saturday...hearn will no doubt tweet some petulant bullocks.

I really rate hunter, he could improve most fighters IMO full of knowledge.

I like this vid. Haye and Khan chilling talking shop about David vs Goliath

I honestly can't motivate myself to watch this card....my dislike for the hearn and the Adam Smith cartel is too powerful for this fight.

Khan v canelo on the other hand, absolute quality fight.....Brook will have the petlip on big time on Saturday...hearn will no doubt tweet some petulant bullocks.

Mate, I am well up for this fight.

Even started watching him train. lol Khan is looking beefy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back