Amir Khan v...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point is his punch resistance had very little to do with how this fight ended. If you think it did (like some on Facebook do) then your wrong.

Well it would have floored them if they got into that situation. A better defence would mean he might not have taken that shot buts that's not what I was talking about

The problem with Amir is that he fights straight on inviting a crack. You look at a fighter like Brook and he's rolling with the punches and so he rarely gets caught flush. Brook doesn't get bashed up like Khan because he's much more of an awkward customer. A bit like Mayweather. Clearly Brook is not in Mayweather's league but he has that same awkward defence that means the punches glance off him rather than knock him over.

Once Amir tires a bit he's there for the taking because his natural stance of fighting straight on won't save him and stating the obvious but he can't absorb a punch.

I would say a big difference between Brook and Amir is that Brook fights with wit, he knows how to stay out of danger whereas Amir doesn't. You can't always stay out of danger but usually Brook does whereas Amir doesn't, and that's an instinct that you simply can't teach.

Not sure who would win tbh, neither is a cert.

9 times out of 10 Brook beats him.

A much, much better all-round fighter. A very slick operator.

The problem with Amir is that he fights straight on inviting a crack. You look at a fighter like Brook and he's rolling with the punches and so he rarely gets caught flush. Brook doesn't get bashed up like Khan because he's much more of an awkward customer. A bit like Mayweather. Clearly Brook is not in Mayweather's league but he has that same awkward defence that means the punches glance off him rather than knock him over.

Once Amir tires a bit he's there for the taking because his natural stance of fighting straight on won't save him and stating the obvious but he can't absorb a punch.

I would say a big difference between Brook and Amir is that Brook fights with wit, he knows how to stay out of danger whereas Amir doesn't. You can't always stay out of danger but usually Brook does whereas Amir doesn't, and that's an instinct that you simply can't teach.

The best fighter brook has beaten is Porter so far ,so I'm not to sure if "9 times out of ten " is quite accurate just yet. If Khan could produce what he produced against maidana, malignaggi, zab Judah and Peterson all world level fighters when he fought them (granted he lost but decision was terrible IMO and Peterson was done for doping ) I'm not saying brook wouldn't beat him but I'd be more sure if I saw him destroy Thurman, Garcia etc.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ver?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This Sky Sports News lass was pretty brutal with Brook. It was great to listen - think there might be consequences for her :lol:
Haha nahh she put him on the spot and rightly so. :lol:

Last edited:

Kell like his fans and Eddie hearns needs to move on a actually fight a top class opponent, 2 years since porter and 12 years into his career and 30 year old.

If he is as talented as his fans and Eddie suggest it's baffling. ..Khan has 1 less bout and a pro 1 year less, khan probably spends more in a night on the piss than brook has earned in his career.

Seems a waste?

Did hanging on for dear life against the journeyman Jones freak Eddie out?

I do wonder if Kahn is simply finished now.
One last pay day etc

Too many knock outs.
Love to see him fight broner.

In the most least surprising news you will hear all day, alverez has vacated the wbc belt to avoid golovkin. What a f***ing pisstake
Alvarez saying he won't be rushed into 'artificial deadlines'. In other words, he wants more time to try and work out a catch weight bout. De la Hoya and Alvarez both adamant that they want the fight but I'll be surprised if it happens, Canelo is his cash cow

Alvarez saying he won't be rushed into 'artificial deadlines'. In other words, he wants more time to try and work out a catch weight bout. De la Hoya and Alvarez both adamant that they want the fight but I'll be surprised if it happens, Canelo is his cash cow

Gives them the chance to say to ggg fight at 154 for 90/10 split, when he obviously tells them where to go they will spin it as ggg ducked the fight. all that I will fight anyone talk after the khan bout, yeah right.

you have to wonder whether there will ever be a genuine super fight ever made again without one guy having a massive advantage weight wise or one being well past their peak. makes a mockery of the sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back