Amir Khan v...

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're not serious, surely?

Khan is exactly the type of fighter whom Mayweather destroys.

You think Khan is too quick for Mayweather?! Heard it all now.

The only type of fighter who has a chance against Mayweather is someone who puts him under a lot of pressure as that's not his territory, and Khan simply wouldn't be able to do that. By pressure I mean a Hatton type fighter who is looking to get inside and hit you from all angles all of the time and can walk through a few to get there. Didn't work out for Hatton but then he wasn't fighting at his natural weight and Mayweather was ultimately too big a lad for him.

For Khan to have any chance of beating Mayweather, he'd have to wait until Mayweather is the wrong side of 40.

Khan is not an all rounder boxer. Quick yeah but a rabbit caught in headlights against the good fighters. Doesn't have the chin for it, but not only that he doesn't have the brain for it. He's never sure what to do when it gets tough.

To think that one of the all the time greats of any era wouldn't know what to do with Khan is laughable. He'd have sized him up within a round and knocked him out within 4. Khan monumentally out of is league against that sort of quality.

Oh, and Khan is out of his depth with Kell Brook. A proper fighter who can box, can scrap a bit, decent chin. Too much of an all round boxer. Obviously Khan would always have a puncher's chance, but 9 times out of 10 Brook would beat him.
Khan has the best chance out of any current boxer from 147 to 154 to beat Mayweather.

Khan has the best chance out of any current boxer from 147 to 154 to beat Mayweather.

Why? Because he has quick hands? Khan throws a lot of punches in a flurry of speed that don't do a great deal of damage. It looks good I'll give you that. There is a big difference between speed and timing. Mayweather is an awkward customer who rolls with the punches and he'll simply duck and dive his way out of anything Khan can throw at him. On the other hand, Khan fights straight on and when Mayweather catches him, as he will pretty early due to having such beautiful timing, Khan won't know what to do or where he's at as he has shown time and time again including the Maidana fight. I'd be surprised if Khan lasted more than 4 rounds in that sort of company.

He doesn't have a bad chin. He used to hang it out to be smacked far too often. Most fighters will go down if they take a big shot flush on the chin.

He gets hit with a good shot and his legs go - that's a bad chin - happened too many times.

He showed against Maidana that he has the courage to hang on in there and take a few more, but he also showed, as he has done throughout his career, that he can't get himself out of that kind of situation. He just keeps on taking more punches until he goes over or he's saved by the bell. He genuinely does not know what to do once he gets caught because one good punch knocks him senseless.

He's not hanging it out there, nor is he showing pride or anything like that, he's simply gone and there for the taking and can't get himself together in that situation.

He is in danger of getting hurt badly this weekend. Because when this fella hits him it'll be like a sledgehammer and nothing like he's faced before.

Last edited:
This is going to be a really interesting fight, I'm interested to see how fit & strong Khan is at the weight plus will his speed suffer , I think khan is a bit taller than Alvarez but I do think Alvarez is the naturally stronger more powerful man..can't wait....

Why? Because he has quick hands? Khan throws a lot of punches in a flurry of speed that don't do a great deal of damage. It looks good I'll give you that. There is a big difference between speed and timing. Mayweather is an awkward customer who rolls with the punches and he'll simply duck and dive his way out of anything Khan can throw at him. On the other hand, Khan fights straight on and when Mayweather catches him, as he will pretty early due to having such beautiful timing, Khan won't know what to do or where he's at as he has shown time and time again including the Maidana fight. I'd be surprised if Khan lasted more than 4 rounds in that sort of company.

He gets hit with a good shot and his legs go - that's a bad chin - happened too many times.

He showed against Maidana that he has the courage to hang on in there and take a few more, but he also showed, as he has done throughout his career, that he can't get himself out of that kind of situation. He just keeps on taking more punches until he goes over or he's saved by the bell. He genuinely does not know what to do once he gets caught because one good punch knocks him senseless.

He's not hanging it out there, nor is he showing pride or anything like that, he's simply gone and there for the taking and can't get himself together in that situation.

He is in danger of getting hurt badly this weekend. Because when this fella hits him it'll be like a sledgehammer and nothing like he's faced before.
Absolutely no chance mayweather gets khan out in 4 rds, not sure why anyone would say that.

Mayweather got one fighter out in the last 10, I repeat 10 years, and that was the out of his depth Ricky Hatton (hindsight)

He would play it as safe as possible....and no I don't count the ortiz fiasco.

The reason I agree as it stands today that khan could give mayweather maybe his hardest fight is his legs are nowhere near the same Imo, that is the one and only reason, his legs.

This is going to be a really interesting fight, I'm interested to see how fit & strong Khan is at the weight plus will his speed suffer , I think khan is a bit taller than Alvarez but I do think Alvarez is the naturally stronger more powerful man..can't wait....

Alvarez is surprisingly taller than Khan!
Someone mentioned the weight difference come fight time maybe as much as 30lbs :eek:

Looking at that press conference i reckon canelo is going to look huge on the night, even in the suits he looks so much thicker....and that's cutting weight.

Alvarez is surprisingly taller than Khan!
Someone mentioned the weight difference come fight time maybe as much as 30lbs :eek:

I doubt it would be 30lbs as that would be to much to drag around, however he will be at least 14lbs which is still megga...

Looking at that press conference i reckon canelo is going to look huge on the night, even in the suits he looks so much thicker....and that's cutting weight.

I thought they both looked about the same hight, however Alvarez did look thicker...

Absolutely no chance mayweather gets khan out in 4 rds, not sure why anyone would say that.

Mayweather got one fighter out in the last 10, I repeat 10 years, and that was the out of his depth Ricky Hatton (hindsight)

He would play it as safe as possible....and no I don't count the ortiz fiasco.

The reason I agree as it stands today that khan could give mayweather maybe his hardest fight is his legs are nowhere near the same Imo, that is the one and only reason, his legs.

Khan doesn't give many different defensive looks either traditionally. Is easier to figure out come fight night once you've had a few rds in with him. That would be money to Floyd who is the master of solving his opponent from 3 rds onwards.

Haven't seen many on here mention his footwork defensively but then again not sure how many look beyond the cliches of "glass jaw", "fast hands", "is Asian" etc. :lol::lol:

I doubt it would be 30lbs as that would be to much to drag around, however he will be at least 14lbs which is still megga...

I thought they both looked about the same hight, however Alvarez did look thicker...

Will weigh in between 170-175 on fight night. Khan will be around 160.

floyd is a master technician with very fast hands, footwork etc... Knockout artists and high volume punchers couldnt get near him...
speed kills (it's why many people, myself included gave pacquiao a 'chance' to beat Mayweather), it's why Khan would have a chance IF they fought right now as Khan is actually quicker than Floyd now.

Manny NEVER had a shot against Floyd. :lol:

Said it since day 1 and will continue to do so. Manny was reckless in his in n out approach. Floyd would never be there to take punishment from him, was always the bigger and stronger man physically too.

That fight was as easy as expected last year.

The worst thing is, i genuinely believe he has/had the best chance to beat Mayweather in the last 3 years due to his blistering hand speed and footwork...(Mainly due to Mayweather slowing down a little bit over these years and punch power gone).
Pacman v Khan is another fight that had the potential to be a classic...
IF khan wins.....lets see if he wants any part of GGG

Haway man @Boris Bear this lad reckons 2012/13 To present day Khan, the same that got sparked off Garcia, the same that couldn't get Chris Algieri out and also took damage from him could BEAT the greatest counter puncher of all time. :lol:

Having speed is one thing, knowing how and when to use it is another. There's a reason why Virgil has spent 2 years in the gym trying to re-train him.

Last edited:
Khan doesn't give many different defensive looks either traditionally. Is easier to figure out come fight night once you've had a few rds in with him. That would be money to Floyd who is the master of solving his opponent from 3 rds onwards.

Haven't seen many on here mention his footwork defensively but then again not sure how many look beyond the cliches of "glass jaw", "fast hands", "is Asian" etc. :lol::lol:

Manny NEVER had a shot against Floyd. :lol:

Said it since day 1 and will continue to do so. Manny was reckless in his in n out approach. Floyd would never be there to take punishment from him, was always the bigger and stronger man physically too.

Haway man @Boris Bear this lad reckons 2012/13 To present day Khan, the same that got sparked off Garcia, the same that couldn't get Chris Algieri out and also took damage from him could BEAT the greatest counter puncher of all time. :lol:

Having speed is one thing, knowing how and when to use it is another. There's a reason why Virgil has spent 2 years in the gym trying to re-train him.
I don't know if he can be retrained. He's never had much of a defence, seems to overreach and be off balance and when he's hurt he goes to pieces.....there's an awful lot to retrain. I can see Alvarez working him out after a few rounds

Maybe but he still has no chance.
And thats still a better chance then Berto had :lol::lol:

Haven't seen many on here mention his footwork defensively but then again not sure how many look beyond the cliches of "glass jaw", "fast hands", "is Asian" etc. :lol:

Manny NEVER had a shot against Floyd.

Haway man @Boris Bear this lad reckons 2012/13 To present day Khan, the same that got sparked off Garcia, the same that couldn't get Chris Algieri out and also took damage from him could BEAT the greatest counter puncher of all time.

opinions opinions. For the record Floyd is my favourite fighter for the past 10 years i'm just not blind to the fact that every boxer has a chance against any opponent.

Length, speed, and his jab. You honestly think Floyd is knocking Khan out in four rounds? :lol: This is a 40yr old Floyd we're talking here, not the prime, 2006, 147lb Floyd who toyed with Hatton. Would Khan beat Floyd? No imo. But he's got a better chance than anyone out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back