You may call it a tin-pot trophy now - but would you be at Wembley 31st March 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I preferred it when it was called the "paint brush" trophy or whatever. Apparently the finalists had their front rooms done out for nowt (magnolia since you ask). I can't see what we would do with a "Chip Shop" Trophy though.

Could end up with 3 visits to that there Wemberly this year. Check trade, Playoffs ( hopefully not) and Hebburn Town in the FA Vase. Tell me ma me ma, I won’t be home for tea, I going to wemberley!

I’ll be there 100%, been to all the games anyway so wouldn’t miss this.

Everyone should go if they can, it’s a day / weekend out and we all probably deserve it. It doesn’t matter what people think of it but we are in it so let’s go and win the thing!

Was gutted we didn’t get to the final if the freight rover trophy in 1988. Went to the mercantile credit centenary trophy that year so still got to Wembley.

Thought our support had more wit than to shun it cos its not one of the big 2 cups.

Might be worth the mags dropping down to win something.

Could end up with 3 visits to that there Wemberly this year. Check trade, Playoffs ( hopefully not) and Hebburn Town in the FA Vase. Tell me ma me ma, I won’t be home for tea, I going to wemberley!
Hopefully Hebburn will get to the final, although not if they play the way they did yesterday against Shields, losing 4/1

Tin pot trophies build a winning tradition winning mentality & it would be one more tin pot trophy than up the road...

Why be embarrassed by being in this competition?

Because we had a canny stint in the top division recently? Because we’re a big club?

We’re playing in this competition because of the abject failure of the last few years BUT why wouldn’t we enjoy it whilst it lasts?

This isn’t the first time we’ve played in this type of competition, we haven’t always been a top tier side. Whatever you think of it, we’re playing in it ! I for one would be over the moon with another trip to Wembley, especially if I could see us win there for the first time in my life.

Why be embarrassed by being in this competition?

Because we had a canny stint in the top division recently? Because we’re a big club?

We’re playing in this competition because of the abject failure of the last few years BUT why wouldn’t we enjoy it whilst it lasts?

This isn’t the first time we’ve played in this type of competition, we haven’t always been a top tier side. Whatever you think of it, we’re playing in it ! I for one would be over the moon with another trip to Wembley, especially if I could see us win there for the first time in my life.

Should we get there ill be taking my boy to a wembley final and we’ll be favourites to win.
Sensible to realise that may not happen again in my last 20-40 year on earth.
I keep saying it but if all these u21s go next round it’ll be a worthwhile 3 remaining rounds.

Predicted we would play Portsmouth in the final back in August. Still could happen.

Sure it would be a near enough full out ?

I’d definitely be there. I’m under no illusions where the club is at the moment and don’t believe the tournament is below us. We are in it so may as well try and win it. Plus a Wembley weekend would is a great laugh.

The tournament wouldn’t be below us if it was 3rd and 4th division teams only.

The fact that they’ve brought premier league reserve teams in makes a mockery of it.

Won’t be going to any of the games in this excuse for a cup..

If I could get the funds together and able to get a ticket then I’d be there. We’re a 3rd tier team playing for a trophy available to us. It’s disrespectful towards the teams also in it and shows a degree of both ignorance and arrogance of where we are right now to look down our noses at the competition. That said, promotion should be our priority. But a day out at Wembley would be nice too :p

If I could get the funds together and able to get a ticket then I’d be there. We’re a 3rd tier team playing for a trophy available to us. It’s disrespectful towards the teams also in it and shows a degree of both ignorance and arrogance of where we are right now to look down our noses at the competition. That said, promotion should be our priority. But a day out at Wembley would be nice too :p

Hope you/we make it there.

It’d be a great weekend.

Id go for the weekend, why wouldnt you? It might not carry the credit of "proper cup finals" but will still be a great weekend guatanteed.

Depends who we play.
Would be a farce if we played an under 21 team at Wembley, but anyone else would be class.

Brian Clough used to go all out to win any cup, as mentioned above its all about the mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back