You may call it a tin-pot trophy now - but would you be at Wembley 31st March 2019?

we've got quite a big squad so it's game time for those not involved or coming back from injury which always helps etc..

the 'competition' itself is farcical though. no one gives a fuck about it and the format really doesn't help. if you want to give the lower league teams a chance of winning a competition then just have a standard knock out competition for leagues one and two. add in the national league if you want more teams but get rid of this under 21's shite

No. Save a Wembley win for something proper, not pretending we're excited about beating Northampton or someone.

Will be at the Mags though.
We've only played in six major cup finals in 140 years, winning just two.
Sorry like, but we can't afford to "save a Wembley win for something proper". We have to grab any chance of a cup final we can, even minor competitions like this one .

Sorry like, but we can't afford to "save a Wembley win for something proper". We have to grab any chance of a cup final we can, even minor competitions like this one .

Disagree. I've seen us in two major finals and if I was a few years older would have seen a third. Would have been absolutely buzzing if we'd won either of those.

Agree.
With the state of the sport now we may not be able to compete in an fa cup or league cup final in some of our lifetimes.
If we get there folk should stop taking life so seriously n have a bloody good weekend, weve had plenty shit ones in our lives.

Disagree. I've seen us in two major finals and if I was a few years older would have seen a third. Would have been absolutely buzzing if we'd won either of those.
But we didn't win either or the one before that you missed.

My point is trips to Wembley, especially for cup finals are few and far between. If we got there I'd just enjoy the day, especially knowing if we lose it wouldn't be the end of the world.

100% yes, it may be a "tin pot trophy" to some but it's not often we get a day out at Wembley. Hope we put a full strength team out against the mag kids too as a massive crowd will show the new players just what it means to be part of our club if they make it a success.

Most of those saying it's a rubbish trophy will be trying to get tickets if we got that far.

Back