Xbox 360 Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Certain places will flash it then if you ask nicely put a Microsoft sticker back on so no-one can tell it's been opened.

If it's the original silver sticker, you can get it off nee bother with a hairdryer. The new stickers don't work though, they have a dye which runs when heated so it's pretty clear when it has been tampered with.

If it's the original silver sticker, you can get it off nee bother with a hairdryer. The new stickers don't work though, they have a dye which runs when heated so it's pretty clear when it has been tampered with.

Got the new fancy sticker off with no change with a hairdryer. Takes a minute or two longer to heat for some reason though.

Anybody know if you can install back up games onto the hard drive, and do you still need to keep the disc in the tray?

Seriously thinking about getting mine flashed, getting 10 flashed games for the price of 1 retail game is a no-brainer.

Where is the best place to get it done? I know theres a place on Hylton Road but I've heard mixed things about them.

I never go online anyway so its daft paying that much for games.

Anybody know if you can install back up games onto the hard drive, and do you still need to keep the disc in the tray?

Seriously thinking about getting mine flashed, getting 10 flashed games for the price of 1 retail game is a no-brainer.
No you can't. That feature is hard coded into the OS, and flashing is simply a trick for the DVD drive.

You can install them but do still need to keep the disc in the tray. Which is probably what Soz Marra said, but you may have read it that you can't install backups at all.

A lad on here put me on to someone who does it in Kent, Sent mine to him on Wednesday and had it back Friday. Only cost £10:54 n all :-D

Price is £10 if you're sending just the dvd drive or £20 if you send the whole 360 (you have to pay postage to him and the paypal fees on top of the price)

I'll PM you the link

Don't suppose you could PM me the link as well could you? :)

Loading times are faster and the 360 is alot quieter and cooler playing from the hard drive.

Aye, I've had the bigger drive a while now and it certainly makes a difference, just wanted to check that you could still install games if you got the box flashed. Really tempted to get mine done.

Sorry to hijack the thread but Ive got my xbox flashed but need to get the new update anyone know how to do it?

Depending on what flash you have atm the update may rewrite your drives firmware back to stock.

If anyone on here know of anyone in the Warrginton/Manchester (or Kent) area let me know... If it is a case of of being able to store on the hard drive (albeit with the disc spinning) I may buy one again just to use as an offline games console... I still have a large amount of 'items' from my last 360.. and access to a considerable library of new 'items'

I'm a ps3 user (had an xbox for about 5 minutes) and I'm thinking of picking up a cheap 360 just to flash and play offline. Made up a list and there's 11 games between now and Christmas that I fancy (11 x £35 = £395) so that's a no go.

Just wondering how easy it will be, given that I really don't know much about xboxes. Say I got a cheap XBOX for about £50 and got is flashed (£20) what would I need to do after that to play 'back up' games?

Also do the places that flash them sell the 'back up' titles for me to just hoy in the console and play?

I'm a ps3 user (had an xbox for about 5 minutes) and I'm thinking of picking up a cheap 360 just to flash and play offline. Made up a list and there's 11 games between now and Christmas that I fancy (11 x £35 = £395) so that's a no go.

Just wondering how easy it will be, given that I really don't know much about xboxes. Say I got a cheap XBOX for about £50 and got is flashed (£20) what would I need to do after that to play 'back up' games?

Also do the places that flash them sell the 'back up' titles for me to just hoy in the console and play?

Nothing I assume.

Downlaod them yourself (the games) and burn them to a DVD (need to be a certain type). The burning of the disk isnt a problem I just would have preferred to be able to move over the data via ftp to the xbox HDD and play them that way...

Dont know what people charge for them these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back