Xbox 360 Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im wanting to get my 360 flashed but dont want to take it to hylton road to pay 50 quid, does anyone know a cheaper place to take it in sunderland? If not has anyone sent away there xbox to get flashed? Any recommendations? Cheers.

Im wanting to get my 360 flashed but dont want to take it to hylton road to pay 50 quid, does anyone know a cheaper place to take it in sunderland? If not has anyone sent away there xbox to get flashed? Any recommendations? Cheers.

A lad on here put me on to someone who does it in Kent, Sent mine to him on Wednesday and had it back Friday. Only cost £10:54 n all :-D

Price is £10 if you're sending just the dvd drive or £20 if you send the whole 360 (you have to pay postage to him and the paypal fees on top of the price)

I'll PM you the link

Twas me who sent the link, can PM it if you want it doing like. Got the link off someone else on here.

Bloke is geniune anarl, bought 2 xbox's off him with no problems and I know a few people who have had their drives flashed with no bother.

Twas me who sent the link, can PM it if you want it doing like. Got the link off someone else on here.

Bloke is geniune anarl, bought 2 xbox's off him with no problems and I know a few people who have had their drives flashed with no bother.

There's nowt like word of mouth, i've got three mates who want theirs doing n all since you gave me the link and got mine done, they were all taking the piss saying for that price you'll never see your drive again :lol:

Thanks again GS

There's nowt like word of mouth, i've got three mates who want theirs doing n all since you gave me the link and got mine done, they were all taking the piss saying for that price you'll never see your drive again :lol:

Thanks again GS

What I don't understand is how people think that flashing is a massive job and should cost a fortune!

I can't do it myself but as I understand it once you know what you're doing and have the equipment it takes longer to get the drive out and put it back together than it does to flash it!

So even £10 for ten minutes work can make you a fortune

What I don't understand is how people think that flashing is a massive job and should cost a fortune!

I can't do it myself but as I understand it once you know what you're doing and have the equipment it takes longer to get the drive out and put it back together than it does to flash it!

I did a lot of looking in to it before i got mine done and there's plenty of tutorials online that walk you through it step by step and apparently it isn't hard to do if you've got the right equipment, I probably would have had a crack at it myself if i didn't have a Hitachi drive. Saying that for the sake of a tenner for the peace of mind knowing it has been done properly isn't too bad at all, and the lad offers free firmware updates so just the cost of the postage when Microsoft roll out Wave 4 and the hackers find a way around it :lol:

I'm very tempted to get this done as I'm sick of paying £30+ for games , can you still go on xbox live with copied games or will you be banned ?

I'm very tempted to get this done as I'm sick of paying £30+ for games , can you still go on xbox live with copied games or will you be banned ?

No-one knows for sure how MS detect flashed consoles so there is always a risk you will get banned.

All you can do is make sure you always have the latest firmware on your drive and your games are properly stealthed etc.

I would expect a large wave of the ban hammer to take place sometime soon (it usually does when there's a big game like MW2 coming out) to try and drive people to buying new consoles for christmas

Providing your games are 'stealthed' then you can use xbox live, loads do it and have no problems at all.... BUT there is still a risk that you'll get caught and banned but it seems the vast majority that end up banned are those that play back ups way before their official release date. Halo ODST was the latest wave of bannings i think as it was leaked weeks ago (rumoured to be intentional by Microsoft) and people downloaded it and played it.

To be honest if you're that stupid that you're playing a back up three weeks before its official release date then you deserve to be banned for being a fuckwit :lol:

Edit: Beaten too it

There may be an initial investment of maybe £50 for the equipment at most (£40 for the connectivity kit + probe, and £10 for the VIA SATA card), but you can easily make it back simply by doing a few 360s for mates. I know I did before I retired :cool:

No-one knows for sure how MS detect flashed consoles so there is always a risk you will get banned.

All you can do is make sure you always have the latest firmware on your drive and your games are properly stealthed etc.

I would expect a large wave of the ban hammer to take place sometime soon (it usually does when there's a big game like MW2 coming out) to try and drive people to buying new consoles for christmas

Ive just bought a premium 360 off ebay for less than 100, gonna send it off when it arrives and get it flashed, use it strictly offline and use my other console for online gaming for fifa. sick of paying £40 per game and getting bored of it after a hour

Ive just bought a premium 360 off ebay for less than 100, gonna send it off when it arrives and get it flashed, use it strictly offline and use my other console for online gaming for fifa. sick of paying £40 per game and getting bored of it after a hour

When/if you do get banned it is only the console anyway not the gamertag so what usually happens is people have a flashed 360, then they get banned so they sell that on and then buy a new one and start all over again.

It may never happen but once the PS3 gets cracked expect sales of it to jump (although the games will be massive to download!)

Do the games have to be put on dual layer discs? I had my original xbox flashed and getting and burning backup games was nee bother. My laptop doesn't have a dual disc burner so think i'd be fecked if i got this done cos i'd have nowhere to get games. Anyone got links or info on backup games. Cheers.

Do the games have to be put on dual layer discs? I had my original xbox flashed and getting and burning backup games was nee bother. My laptop doesn't have a dual disc burner so think i'd be fecked if i got this done cos i'd have nowhere to get games. Anyone got links or info on backup games. Cheers.

http://www.backupgames.net/

ooooh im telling Microsoft;)

nah in all honesty once the warranty has ran out on mine i am considering getting it done...only 6 months to go

Another question. Can a flashed xbox be detected if it is just playin an original game?

Nope.

They can't detect if your drive is flashed nor if the game is a backup if you do it 100% correctly - if you want the peace of mind wait until at least the game is out for a day and run it through a program called agbx360. If it comes through all green up there you might as well be playing an original copy.

The majority of people who get banned are those who play early (its only normally the big releases Microsoft care about though, I've noticed nearly 100,000 people have played the "retail" copy of FIFA 10 online, I *really* doubt they will ban that many people) or are idiots and don't have their burned iso's patched with stealth. Its all normally done before you even get to download it so its very difficult to get a flashed 360 banned from live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back