Xbox 360 Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye I'm doing everything right, but it seems a lot of others are and are having the issues I am. May burn Forza again......

Disc 1 of Battlefield has installed fine (not a verb either). Gonna burn disc 2 now.

My brothers is having problems burning as well, tho I'm sure it's cos he is doing something wrong (usually is).

I've had no problems burning any discs as yet just using the original IMGBURN instructions on Verbatim 2.4 speed. Gears, Batman, Forza, Driver, Ace Combat.

My brothers is having problems burning as well, tho I'm sure it's cos he is doing something wrong (usually is).

I've had no problems burning any discs as yet just using the original IMGBURN instructions on Verbatim 2.4 speed. Gears, Batman, Forza, Driver, Ace Combat.

Got my new writer, flashed the firmware and it burnt Forza fine without having to truncate. However the disc failed to verify with errors at the layer break. Now plays fine though (at least the first race I did, which it wouldn't play on my first burn). I'll try and install it later......

hylton_castle_mackem said:
so one of the megaupload, fileshare, filesonic premium sites then. :p

anybody know about this new firmware to burn games? can it be used for any dvd dual layer writer?

No, atm it's just certain lite-on models

Buy a decent burner ( Pioneer) and you wont have any problems.

Why have they released firmware then? I doubt c4eva would write burning firmware just for the sake of it. Unless you know better of course, I'm no scene expert, just going by what I have read elsewhere

Truncating the disc means you only write 97% of the data and in most games that's fine. Just because you have had no issues with Forza doesn't mean other haven't.

I've burnt over 100 360 games in the last few of years, only one I have had issues with during play is Forza, along with others on various sites. Some are fine, others aren't.

If you think I'm wrong I'm happy to have it explained why, I'd love to have a better knowledge of this sort of thing. Does the Pioneer allow overburning and negate the need to truncate the image?

Does that guy from kent fix the red ring problem aswell as flashing the xbox?

Buy a decent burner ( Pioneer) and you wont have any problems.

Aye thats what I bought all those years ago, the 111-D which was recommended when I first started all of this. Everything I've burn't, including the new stuff, has worked 100%.

My brother decided not to bother as his current dvdrom worked at the time and now finds nothing he burns on the new stuff just simply doesn't work. He also didn't bother with verbatims at the time and now finds most of them won't work on his new xbox :roll:

Last edited:
Aye thats what I bought all those years ago, the 111-D which was recommended when I first started all of this. Everything I've burn't, including the new stuff, has worked 100%.

My brother decided not to bother as his current dvdrom worked at the time and now finds nothing he burns on the new stuff just simply doesn't work. He also didn't bother with verbatims at the time and now finds most of them won't work on his new xbox :roll:

Had one of those for years, but the burner isn't the issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back