Xbox 360 Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is the scene release, I've read it works fine for hours for some, then just throws you out.

I've dabbled with quite a few quick race laps and have just completed season 2. I can fiddle with my cars, do quick laps, but the 3 times I’ve tried to do season 3 it’s thrown me out.

My assumption from what I’ve read is that the new games use the full disc, which is too much for a blank dvdr+dl. C4eva’s new burner firmware is expected to sort this out. Whether the burner issue is just if you want to go on Live, or you will need it for certain games even for offline play I don’t know.

Disc 2 wouldn't install either.

I got the 2nd release of it after they said they were re-doing the rippers due to finding the hash check in Forza. So far this one has worked perfectly and I'm onto season 4 (I think). Hopefully not season 3 and I get kicked out when I next play it like :lol:

Disc 2 installed no bother either. It said the wrong disc was in but when I just ok'd it it worked. Done that with re-inserting disc A again as well so might just be the game itself.

Is it? Even the new slim 250GB? I managed to aqcuire a couple of 'items' via download but dont want to buy a new slim if I cant LT+ flash it

Who is this guy from Kent?

Haven't touched any of the new ones. I always advise people to just get the jaspers and after as they are cake to flash as they tend to have the old Benq and Liteon dvdroms in them which are cake to do. I couldn't give a fuck what it looks like as long as I can hack it :-D

The guy on discworld from Kent or wherever who flashes em is mp3boy in the commercial sales and flashing bits (or was). Might not be from Kent like, but summit like that.

Last edited:

I got the 2nd release of it after they said they were re-doing the rippers due to finding the hash check in Forza. So far this one has worked perfectly and I'm onto season 4 (I think). Hopefully not season 3 and I get kicked out when I next play it like :lol:

Disc 2 installed no bother either. It said the wrong disc was in but when I just ok'd it it worked. Done that with re-inserting disc A again as well so might just be the game itself.

Haven't touched any of the new ones. I always advise people to just get the jaspers and after as they are cake to flash as they tend to have the old Benq and Liteon dvdroms in them which are cake to do. I couldn't give a fuck what it looks like as long as I can hack it :-D

The guy on discworld from Kent or wherever who flashes em is mp3boy in the commercial sales and flashing bits (or was). Might not be from Kent like, but summit like that

Ive had to RDP to my PC at home to reply to this as I got websensed on thos page for some reason!!!

By Jaspers.. what are you talking about here??? (sorry to sound so ignorant).. These boxes you cant buy new?? Im worried about buying 2nd hand due to RROD issues..

My old XBOX had an Hitachi 79 drive in it which I managed to flash eventually using a laptop and a SCSI PCMCI adaptor... wasnt easy mind as the drive kept dropping.. got there in the end (should have used a pc!!!)

So what your advice on this then (PM me if need be), on how to go about getting a 'flashedbox' Im not bothered about online (use my ps3)

Help appreciated

Ive had to RDP to my PC at home to reply to this as I got websensed on thos page for some reason!!!

By Jaspers.. what are you talking about here??? (sorry to sound so ignorant).. These boxes you cant buy new?? Im worried about buying 2nd hand due to RROD issues..

My old XBOX had an Hitachi 79 drive in it which I managed to flash eventually using a laptop and a SCSI PCMCI adaptor... wasnt easy mind as the drive kept dropping.. got there in the end (should have used a pc!!!)

So what your advice on this then (PM me if need be), on how to go about getting a 'flashedbox' Im not bothered about online (use my ps3)

Help appreciated

Cant remember the actual list of names, but the Jaspers and onwards were the ones that came after the initial 360's (google will probably give answers) where they sorted the overheating problems. You can tell if they are jaspers by the power on them (google should tell you what to look for). Thats not to say they won't overheat mind, but they are supposed to be less likely. They have brought even more versions out after Jaspers which are probably even better?

Think I had an Hitachi in my first 360 (overheated to death). Most now have Benq (so easy to flash, just press a few buttons) and Liteons in them (easy to flash after you get the initial key, for that you may need a probe if it hasn't been flashed before. Probe is easy to get off the net and can come as part of the ck3 tool).

Worth shelling out the couple of quid to get the SCSI card that they recommend as it doesn't drop your drive when you are busy flashing it (cant remember which one but Jungleflasher will prob tell you in their guide). Also guides to remove drivers for it that cause problems. Then you just need the CK3 kit and link it all up and use jungleflasher to flash it.

Jungleflasher guide is worth reading or just youtube hacking a 360. Loads of lads showing how it's done.

Bit vaguish, at work :-D

Cant remember the actual list of names, but the Jaspers and onwards were the ones that came after the initial 360's (google will probably give answers) where they sorted the overheating problems. You can tell if they are jaspers by the power on them (google should tell you what to look for). Thats not to say they won't overheat mind, but they are supposed to be less likely. They have brought even more versions out after Jaspers which are probably even better?

Think I had an Hitachi in my first 360 (overheated to death). Most now have Benq (so easy to flash, just press a few buttons) and Liteons in them (easy to flash after you get the initial key, for that you may need a probe if it hasn't been flashed before. Probe is easy to get off the net and can come as part of the ck3 tool).

Worth shelling out the couple of quid to get the SCSI card that they recommend as it doesn't drop your drive when you are busy flashing it (cant remember which one but Jungleflasher will prob tell you in their guide). Also guides to remove drivers for it that cause problems. Then you just need the CK3 kit and link it all up and use jungleflasher to flash it.

Jungleflasher guide is worth reading or just youtube hacking a 360. Loads of lads showing how it's done.

Bit vaguish, at work :-D

Vague is good.. thanks for the info.... now to find one... with a Benq drive :)

Was thinking of getting this done on my old 360 where the laser is fucked (getting it repaired at the same time) any idea on price?

Not had a single problem with any of the new games including forza all burned using the latest version of imgburn and all play perfectly, finished 2 of the games that use the new protection I.E gears 3 and space marine.

Not had a single problem with any of the new games including forza all burned using the latest version of imgburn and all play perfectly, finished 2 of the games that use the new protection I.E gears 3 and space marine.

Gears 3 was fine (just single player though) but Forza disc 2 wouldn't install, and then Disc 1 hoyed me out at the start of season 3. You using Verbs? I use Aones but have just bought some verbs.....Not bothered if I get flagged for a ban (may be banned anyway, not been on Live for years) but I need to be confident games will work.

Gears 3 was fine (just single player though) but Forza disc 2 wouldn't install, and then Disc 1 hoyed me out at the start of season 3. You using Verbs? I use Aones but have just bought some verbs.....Not bothered if I get flagged for a ban (may be banned anyway, not been on Live for years) but I need to be confident games will work.

Just bog standard printables, but i must stress i am using the very latest version of imgburn v2.5.6.0 all you have to do is select truncate when prompted. Both disks of forza installed fine for me.

Just bog standard printables, but i must stress i am using the very latest version of imgburn v2.5.6.0 all you have to do is select truncate when prompted. Both disks of forza installed fine for me.

Aye I'm doing everything right, but it seems a lot of others are and are having the issues I am. May burn Forza again......

Disc 1 of Battlefield has installed fine (not a verb either). Gonna burn disc 2 now.

Aye I'm doing everything right, but it seems a lot of others are and are having the issues I am. May burn Forza again......

Disc 1 of Battlefield has installed fine (not a verb either). Gonna burn disc 2 now.

What speed are you burning at and what burner do you have?

That game will get you banned, its not retail.

Last edited:
So whats the crack with this new firmware then? I just buy my games and dont burn them so will I be fine to buy Battlefield 3 & Batman with me having LT 2.0

So whats the crack with this new firmware then? I just buy my games and dont burn them so will I be fine to buy Battlefield 3 & Batman with me having LT 2.0

Probably, just seems some of the new games "may" be a little glitchy. The new firmware I'm on about is for your dvd writer not the 360, and anyone who sells discs should be using that now it's released.

What speed are you burning at and what burner do you have?

That game will get you banned, its not retail.

Optiarc burner, 4x. Been doing this for years without issue, just Forza I have issues with so far.

I've ordered a Lite-on so I can flash the firmware on that anyway. Battlefield 3 disc 2 burnt and verified, I'll install it later.

I've played a few games early over the years so I'm sure if I connected to Live I'd be banned anyway.

Probably, just seems some of the new games "may" be a little glitchy. The new firmware I'm on about is for your dvd writer not the 360, and anyone who sells discs should be using that now it's released.

Optiarc burner, 4x. Been doing this for years without issue, just Forza I have issues with so far.

I've ordered a Lite-on so I can flash the firmware on that anyway. Battlefield 3 disc 2 burnt and verified, I'll install it later.

I've played a few games early over the years so I'm sure if I connected to Live I'd be banned anyway.

Dunno if that's the problem, i have a pioneer and every game works fine.

If I bought a new slim and the disk wasnt flashable can you still buy a new drive for it so it can be flashed? (I thought Id need to extract the key from the original drive first, but if it can tbe flashed I would assume you cannot get the key?(

Dunno if that's the problem, i have a pioneer and every game works fine.

I've done over a hundred games, odd coaster, but that always come up as a burn error. Only glitchy one is Forza, which from comments on a few forums I'm not the only one to get. We'll see, new Lite on should be here in the next day or two.

If I bought a new slim and the disk wasnt flashable can you still buy a new drive for it so it can be flashed? (I thought Id need to extract the key from the original drive first, but if it can tbe flashed I would assume you cannot get the key?(

Nee idea, I d/l and burn my own games but don't do the modding.

I've done over a hundred games, odd coaster, but that always come up as a burn error. Only glitchy one is Forza, which from comments on a few forums I'm not the only one to get. We'll see, new Lite on should be here in the next day or two.

What release of Forza did you burn?

Forza.Motorsport.4.PAL.XGD3.0800.Multi9-iND was nuked

Forza.Motorsport.4.PAL.XBOX360-COMPLEX is the version i burned

I got no burn errors with the latest version of imgburn, the previous version used to give 2 burn errors.

Last edited:

I modded my old xbox, and every burn I did was perfect, never had an issue. Gave it to my sister so was thinking about buying a new one.

What release of Forza did you burn?

Forza.Motorsport.4.PAL.XGD3.0800.Multi9-iND was nuked

Forza.Motorsport.4.PAL.XBOX360-COMPLEX is the version i burned

I got no burn errors with the latest version of imgburn, the previous version used to give 2 burn errors.

The Complex version, latest Imgburn, truncated the burn. No burn errors, disc 1 installed and worked fine but now throws me out, disc 2 wouldnt install, stopped at various stages when I tried, 23% first time, 56% the second IIRC, so it wasnt a layer break issue.

On a couple of torrent sites there are people with the same issues, some played for 2 hours, some much longer but the fault isn't uncommon.

I'll try again with the new firmware and a verb when my new writer arrives.

Weird both disk burned and installed fine for me, played it for hours never had and issues. As for the torrent sites i wouldn't know i have never used a torrent in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back