Wrestling - Part 3

Sammy Guevara in trouble now for comments he made about Sasha Banks on a podcast 4 years ago. Absolutely stupid thing to say, but hopefully it'll just be a case of issuing an apology, stressing it was stupid and not something to joke about, and then move on. There'll no doubt be plenty on social media wanting him fired.

In the endless stream of sexual assault and pedophilia happening in wresting, I am actually surprised at the reaction to this considering Sammy's offense (trending #1 in the world) just doesn't compare to Joey Ryan, Cornette, Dream, etc. who are all considered guilty of action opposed to Sammy's tasteless idiotic joke which he should have definitely known better.

In the endless stream of sexual assault and pedophilia happening in wresting, I am actually surprised at the reaction to this considering Sammy's offense (trending #1 in the world) just doesn't compare to Joey Ryan, Cornette, Dream, etc. who are all considered guilty of action opposed to Sammy's tasteless idiotic joke which he should have definitely known better.

After the later clip posted about the hosts mother being black he may well be in big trouble

Just listened to Cornettes podcast about the allegations and his explanation about it seems plausible.

Haven’t heard it what’s he say? i see Sammy Guevara just released an apology as well.
Jim and his wife are in an open marriage and occasionally go with other legal consenting adults for fun (something I didn't want to know about Jim! :lol: ) and she had flirted with and him and sent him photos that weren't just out of the blue (and the person that made these allegations just recently posted a screenshot of the convos and he's flirting back too) he was 38 year old when this happened yet he's claiming he was groomed. Cornette has a fair amount of enemies and people that wouldn't have liked him so I'd have thought these stories would have came out a long time before now.

Jim and his wife are in an open marriage and occasionally go with other legal consenting adults for fun (something I didn't want to know about Jim! :lol: ) and she had flirted with and him and sent him photos that weren't just out of the blue (and the person that made these allegations just recently posted a screenshot of the convos and he's flirting back too) he was 38 year old when this happened yet he's claiming he was groomed. Cornette has a fair amount of enemies and people that wouldn't have liked him so I'd have thought these stories would have came out a long time before now.

it’s plausible but like I said previously we won’t know what’s truthful and what’s not for a while yet.
I see AEW have suspended Guevara, put him on an sensitivity course and are donating all his wage until he returns or is released to a women’s charity in Jacksonville, I think they’ve handled it very well tbh.

The Jim Cornette accusations 🤔

Piling on Joey Ryan too.

Shocked about Joey Ryan mind. Shocked
it’s plausible but like I said previously we won’t know what’s truthful and what’s not for a while yet.
I see AEW have suspended Guevara, put him on an sensitivity course and are donating all his wage until he returns or is released to a women’s charity in Jacksonville, I think they’ve handled it very well tbh.

I agree. Seen that Guevara has apologised to her and also a public apology. There’s a culture where people want to see others losing their profession, not just in this instance but in general in the wider world. Whilst sometimes it’s justified, I don’t think it is on this instance and to ruin the blokes life over a comment would be OTT, especially when it has been addressed between him and Sasha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocked about Joey Ryan mind. Shocked

I agree. Seen that Guevara has apologised to her and also a public apology. There’s a culture where people want to see others losing their profession, not just in this instance but in general in the wider world. Whilst sometimes it’s justified, I don’t think it is on this instance and to ruin the blokes life over a comment would be OTT, especially when it has been addressed between him and Sasha.

This. Aye, you don't joke about rape, but its been addressed and Sasha by all accounts has accepted his apology. Its a case of people being offended on behalf of others again.

Will Ospreay admits bullying and blacklisting talent as well. Apologising to Pollyanna (not sure who that is) and calling himself uneducated.

This. Aye, you don't joke about rape, but its been addressed and Sasha by all accounts has accepted his apology. Its a case of people being offended on behalf of others again.

Will Ospreay admits bullying and blacklisting talent as well. Apologising to Pollyanna (not sure who that is) and calling himself uneducated.
Follow @GothicLolly on Twitter, that's her. You'll be in for some shockingly unpleasant reading mind.

It was a matter of time before ICW and Dallas were drawn into these allegations.

I hope for Drew’s sake he’s got no skeletons.

Going back to wrestling for a minute I see Charlotte Flair is injured, some conflicting reports saying she’s out till next year while others say just after summerslam, guess we still have botcha Jax to entertain us.

Going back to wrestling for a minute I see Charlotte Flair is injured, some conflicting reports saying she’s out till next year while others say just after summerslam, guess we still have botcha Jax to entertain us.

The report I read said she was taking some planned time off, and coinciding it with some surgery. She should be healed by late August but she'd rather be off until the Royal Rumble, but might come back early if Vince i desperate - so early it is :lol:.

Hyped for Asuka vs Sasha at ER (with no Charlotte interference / involvement) and with Drew having a sort of filler fued with Ziggler, and no standout tagline match like Orton vs Edge, that could easily main event it. And if that in turn leads to the widely expected Sasha vs Bayley at SummerSla, there'll be no complaints from me either. They swerved me when Sasha said she was going for a title.

Thought it was another pretty good Raw. I think there has definitely been a better flow these past two weekssince Pritchard took the reigns.

The report I read said she was taking some planned time off, and coinciding it with some surgery. She should be healed by late August but she'd rather be off until the Royal Rumble, but might come back early if Vince i desperate - so early it is :lol:.

Hyped for Asuka vs Sasha at ER (with no Charlotte interference / involvement) and with Drew having a sort of filler fued with Ziggler, and no standout tagline match like Orton vs Edge, that could easily main event it. And if that in turn leads to the widely expected Sasha vs Bayley at SummerSla, there'll be no complaints from me either. They swerved me when Sasha said she was going for a title.

Thought it was another pretty good Raw. I think there has definitely been a better flow these past two weekssince Pritchard took the reigns.
I just don’t understand the whole brand split it’s a waste of time really Sasha banks is meant to be on SmackDown yet is challenging for the raw title and yes I understand they have the whole tag champs on all show scenario but that shouldn’t mean Sasha can go off by herself on raw etc but like you say if this finally gets us too banks v Bayley at summerslam I will be happy too.

*late Autumn, not August.
I just don’t understand the whole brand split it’s a waste of time really Sasha banks is meant to be on SmackDown yet is challenging for the raw title and yes I understand they have the whole tag champs on all show scenario but that shouldn’t mean Sasha can go off by herself on raw etc but like you say if this finally gets us too banks v Bayley at summerslam I will be happy too.

I think it's mainly because of the general low ratings, they'll try and showcase who they think is a draw and advertise them accordingly - that women's tag main event on NXT last week got more viewers than the Jericho/Sammy tag main event on AEW (well, overall ratings anyway), and a notable increase on the previous NXT quarters, so it is working to some extent, plus Pritchard runs both Raw and Smackdown now, so I can definitely see it increasing going forward, but yes, it does kind of render the brand split a bit pointless. That said, Bayley, and particularly Sasha are 2 of my favourite things about the WWE at the moment, and I'm definitely not getting sick of them yet, and Sasha was fantastic on NXT last week, making Tegan and particularly Shotzi look great, but then again it probably is coming at the expense of other women wrestlers - the likes of Shayna hasn't been on TV for a while, and why they called up the EST at Wrestlemania is one of the biggest myteries - I think she's appeared twice max since.

Last edited:
that women's tag main event on NXT last week got more viewers than the Jericho/Sammy tag main event
They did but they didn’t get the highest viewers on that show , same with Jericho and Guevara’s tag match they both actually lost viewers overall, honestly it’s a shame wwe put nxt up against aew on Wednesday as they are probably the best shows at the minute I think it says Wednesday average 1.5m audiences , whilst raw is struggling on a day it’s on by itself too hit 1.8m.

They did but they didn’t get the highest viewers on that show , same with Jericho and Guevara’s tag match they both actually lost viewers overall, honestly it’s a shame wwe put nxt up against aew on Wednesday as they are probably the best shows at the minute I think it says Wednesday average 1.5m audiences , whilst raw is struggling on a day it’s on by itself too hit 1.8m.

Aye, true enough, that was the opening section, but still an 80,000+ increase on their 6th quarter, so a degree of success. Yeah, would be good for the (US) veiwer if one was on either Tuesday (so competing with Impact instead) or Thursday, but you can definitely see why WWE have done it. They'd probably rather both shows did 600,000 than both doing 1.5m to nullify the threat of their only realistic competition.

It doesn't bother me too much personally as I'll never watch a wrestling show live, outside of a PPV, and since I've been furloughed, I really like my Thursday morning of watching NXT on BT first, and then finding a way to watch (wrestling) AEW not long after.

Last edited:
Aye, true enough, that was the opening section, but still an 80,000+ increase on their 6th quarter, so a degree of success. Yeah, would be good for the (US) veiwer if one was on either Tuesday (so competing with Impact instead) or Thursday, but you can definitely see why WWE have done it. They'd probably rather both shows did 600,000 than both doing 1.5m to nullify the threat of their only realistic competition.

It doesn't bother me too much personally as I'll never watch a wrestling show live, outside of a PPV, and since I've been furloughed, I really like my Thursday morning of watching NXT on BT first, and then finding a way to watch (wrestling) AEW not long after.
See I always watch Aew live on Wednesday and watch nxt the next day not to fussed about SmackDown or raw been on a downward projection for years and all they do to get ratings up is bring the old lads back.

Nightmare.
On top of this Moxley and QT Marshall have been told to stay away from dynamite tonight as they both have come in contact with people outside of aew who are positive for corona virus.

Last edited:

Back