Wrestling - Part 3

Nightmare.
On top of this Moxley and QT Marshall have been told to stay away from dynamite tonight as they both have come in contact with people outside of aew who are positive for corona virus.
Renee Young tested positive.

I see Tessa Blanchard has been fired by Impact for not sending on promos, with her contract officially up soon anyway. Reckon she is the mystery opponent for Nyla Rose at Fyter Fest?

I see Tessa Blanchard has been fired by Impact for not sending on promos, with her contract officially up soon anyway. Reckon she is the mystery opponent for Nyla Rose at Fyter Fest?

Never thought about that. Obviously she's had her controversies in the past, and is seemingly pretty hard work, but she's really good and a big name, so given the serious lack of depth (and talent IMO) is AEWs women's division, they really should try and get her, so yeah, that would be cool if it was. Her dad is obviouly in the company which could keep her more on the straight and narrow, but then Khan was kicking off with Hogan and Linda the other week, so it would be a bit of hypocrisy.

I was laughing at NXT just randomly coming up with 'Great American Bash' at the end of the programme, one week out, to counter FF.
I was being cryptic the other day, but not much point now. So Gallagher was released by WWE last night (without a good luck in FE). Ligero and Travis Banks finished at Progress, it probably won't be too long until NXT UK do the same (assuming it's not just going to be cut in general...). I assume Kay Lee Ray must have been in a relationship with Ligero at some point as she was grilling him earlier on Twitter, and an Amir Jordan (also NXT UK) was accusing him of bullying during fasting.

Still a lot on case and investigations. Jordan Devlin denied his allegations and that is on-going. Fucked up times.

PW Insider saying these 2 have both now been let go by WWE.

What a year 2020 has been man. No wonder Vince looks to have aged about 20 years in no time.

Last edited:
I feel a bit sorry for AEW - they've done a pretty decent job building and putting togehter Fyter Fest, like actually a fair bit effort and developing situations, and then less than a week out, WWE randomly show a GAB banner, put together a few matches (one in particular that can't not be good), announce they'll be having limited commercials, and just like that they've argubaly got a better set of matches on a card, albeit with less storylines. I think AEW will still regain the overall ratings victory this week (they were down 150,000 last week), but I reckon NXT have saved it from being a landslide with minimum thought and effort. Should be 2 good shows.

I didn't think Raw was as good as the last two weeks, but at least it was a pretty full show with just that 10 minute Undertaker thing breaking it up. As the Boneyard match took up nearly half of Smackdown last week, I thought we might be going back to constant recaps and replays, but still a lot of fresh content on Raw.

Fyter has a pretty decent card, but I can't help feeling that none of the matches with stakes don't have predictable outcomes. Perhaps they will pull a semi-swerve and Best Friends will beat Page/Omega but otherwise I see Cody, Moxley & Shida all retaining.
_______

Holy shit. This weeks AEW Dark, time code 44:37. Blade drops a jobber on his head in one of the nastiest botches I've seen in a long time. Lucky he hasn't paralysed him.

Last edited:
Fyter has a pretty decent card, but I can't help feeling that none of the matches with stakes don't have predictable outcomes. Perhaps they will pull a semi-swerve and Best Friends will beat Page/Omega but otherwise I see Cody, Moxley & Shida all retaining.
_______

Holy shit. This weeks AEW Dark, time code 44:37. Blade drops a jobber on his head in one of the nastiest botches I've seen in a long time. Lucky he hasn't paralysed him.

Yeah, Ford is improving a bit, and is easy on the eye, but she's still a bit green, and was losing to Statlander on the last PPV in a nothing match, so this is obviously just filler with 0.00001% of a title change. I quite like both, particularly Shida, so am relatively interested, but it's definitely not a needle mover. Their division badly needs Tessa, but it's looking unlikely.

Can't see Cody dropping the TNT this early, especially not to Hager who has lost pretty much every big match on AEW, and there was some talk about him in the speaking out movement, so it might be a bit silly to put it on him, just in case.

I could actually see Best Friends winning, just to create a talking point going up againt GAB, and there was that decent promo of them having never won a title, plus it does just seem a case of if not when the tag champs eventually split and go on singles runs, but out of all the tag teams they have, it would be really underwhelming for Page and Omega to drop them to someone like Chuck T.

I'll watch both shows in the morning, but next weeks FF does look a fair bit better. NXT still need to build the majority of their second show, so they may have developments tonight. Maybe the women's elimination winner will challenge Io at the end of the show for a match next week?

Fyter Fest of Great American Bash, which did you prefer for part 1?
I just got done watching nxt, I still prefer aew by along way ( not saying nxt is bad) the only match I didn’t care for on fyter fest was the private party match just thought it was a mess but they are still green as hell so what can I expect , on the flip side the only match I was interested in on the great reactionary bash was io Shirai match which was very good but the rest was fairly forgettable.

Also I see there’s a big spoiler online for next weeks nxt in the only match I cared about:( typical.

I just got done watching nxt, I still prefer aew by along way ( not saying nxt is bad) the only match I didn’t care for on fyter fest was the private party match just thought it was a mess but they are still green as hell so what can I expect , on the flip side the only match I was interested in on the great reactionary bash was io Shirai match which was very good but the rest was fairly forgettable.

Also I see there’s a big spoiler online for next weeks nxt in the only match I cared about:( typical.

Saw this too and same feeling. Desperately trying to avoid so it's a guarentee ill see a meme

I liked them similar. I thought AEW started really well, but gradually got worse (Shida-Ford was surprisingly good), and it was kind of the other way round for NXT, although I'm pleased Tegan won the battle royal (even if it will likely just be a one an done TV defense), and to be fair, it got better when it was just down to Tegan and Dakota. I see NXT was ahead in the overall ratings for the second week running, but again, not quite in that demo they care most about.

I tried to avoid that spoiler for a couple of hours, but couldn't hold off, so I ended up checking, just because I knew I couldn't avoid it for another 6 days on social media. It may not be set in stone mind.

Enjoyed AEW last night the 8 man tag was great, going to watch nxt later tonight, on a side note I see lanas parents both have coronavirus which is shit craic and konnans mother died of it a couple weeks back, wish it would piss off but it’s going to linger in the u.s for a while with all the spikes they are having.

Complete change of topic. But perhaps it can spark an interesting debate.

Since the WWE Network launched I have been working my way through the history of WCW Nitro and I'm now up to mid 1998.

Sting is shit.

His promos are terrible, his matches are dull.

The most overrated wrestler of all time.

Since the WWE Network launched I have been working my way through the history of WCW Nitro and I'm now up to mid 1998.
Sting is shit.
Tin hat!

Sting is shit.

Shit is a bit strang 😂
Watch some earlier stuff, his matches with Vader were great, did some cracking work with Flair.

I'm kind of losing a bit interest generally now that other sports are picking up. I enjoyed it from like Mid March until the end of June, and it filled a masive void, but now the UFC is in full flow, the business end of the football season, and a fair bit of domestic tennis has returned, wrestling has gone down the pecking order a bit.

I'm still tuning in to most shows, but think I watched Smackdown in less than an hour the other day, and I've not posted on this thread since the start of July. I was also on furlough during MITB and Backlash, so watched those live, but I'm back WFH now, so will probably just watch til about 1/1.30 tonight, and catch the rest at some point tomorrow.

I'm kind of losing a bit interest generally now that other sports are picking up. I enjoyed it from like Mid March until the end of June, and it filled a masive void, but now the UFC is in full flow, the business end of the football season, and a fair bit of domestic tennis has returned, wrestling has gone down the pecking order a bit.

I'm still tuning in to most shows, but think I watched Smackdown in less than an hour the other day, and I've not posted on this thread since the start of July. I was also on furlough during MITB and Backlash, so watched those live, but I'm back WFH now, so will probably just watch til about 1/1.30 tonight, and catch the rest at some point tomorrow.
Like I’ve said previously I can only get through Dynamite as I enjoy it, everything else is terrible or just can’t hold my attention anymore (still watching ppvs).
The ending to the eye for an eye match was laughable.

Back