Wrestling - Part 3

Couple of teething issues with the production aside that is the best PPV I’ve seen in as long as I can remember, it had everything you want from a wresting show. Surprise debuts, great storytelling (The Rhodes brothers match was unbelievable) and the in ring action was f***ing brilliant as expected. The Bucks should’ve put Penta and Fenix over like, and I don’t rate Alex Marvez on Commentary but I’m nitpicking.

Last edited:
Couple of teething issues with the production aside that is the best PPV I’ve seen in as long as I can remember, it had everything you want from a wresting show. Surprise debuts, great storytelling (The Rhodes brothers match was unbelievable) and the in ring action was f***ing brilliant as expected. The Bucks should’ve put Penta and Fenix over like, and I don’t rate Alex Marvez on Commentary but I’m nitpicking.

I wasn't keen on him either, and hate to say it, but JR is absolutely finished.

I wasn't keen on him either, and hate to say it, but JR is absolutely finished.

JR will be fine, he struggles in a three man team but he still showed flashes of his old self and made the big moments feel big (Imagine Cole calling Mox’s debut in comparison.) Once he settles into it properly he will be back to his best imo.

JR will be fine, he struggles in a three man team but he still showed flashes of his old self and made the big moments feel big (Imagine Cole calling Mox’s debut in comparison.) Once he settles into it properly he will be back to his best imo.

He's come out and said he wants Lawler when his contract is up. I'd imagine Punk will show up at All Out in Chicago if he's ever going to show up in AEW. The pop he'd get would be massive.

Quick review points from DoN

Agreed with most about the commentary, Excalibur was good, JR struggled but got into it once he knew who he was calling, Marvez wasn't good, depending on WWEs views of the show in the coming weeks/months I could see a spot for Rene Young there

Apart from some rare dodgy camera work, I thought the production of the show was superb, themed event to go with the location, great match graphics, little things that help take them seriously

The title looked great, if a bit IWGP like. To be honest the booking of the whole show felt like if New Japan were to book an American based company, kinda followed their pattern of starting the night with a few multiman (and this case woman) and fast paced matches before moving on to the 'big time' matches. Wouldnt be the worst thing for them to adopt. Moxley has just been announced for New Japan too so I think there might be something brewing between them.

Match of the night for me was Cody v Dustin, had no right to be as good as it was.

Good to see tag team wrestling will be a big focus, likes of The Revival and Anderson and Gallows would have been watching that

With no offence to the guys in the battle royale I still they need to pad out the roster with some more established names, even if it is to help get some of the more unknowns over.

Last edited:
f***ing brilliant and a big statement that was proper wrestling Dustin Rhodes take a bow that was the best match of the year so far fantastic

The pop for Moxley was something that hasn’t been heard in any wrestling company for a long time !!

Aew need to build bridges with company especially impact for me they have a very talented roster pick and choose who to take from wwe don’t just take people because of there name

f***ing brilliant and a big statement that was proper wrestling Dustin Rhodes take a bow that was the best match of the year so far fantastic

The pop for Moxley was something that hasn’t been heard in any wrestling company for a long time !!

Aew need to build bridges with company especially impact for me they have a very talented roster pick and choose who to take from wwe don’t just take people because of there name

I think them and NJPW will end up working together

Back