Wrestling - Part 3

Lots of money now being put on Ziggler winning the RR. Now 3rd fav tied with Bryan

I really, really hope not. Ship has long since sailed.

I watched again today the Velveteen Dream V Alistair Black match from War Games. I had completely passed by how fantastic that was. For the short period of time Patrick Clarke has been in the business since Tough Enough it was one of the best matches, possibly even the best match I have ever seen from a rookie. I was hooked despite knowing the outcome.

Just been reading about it, no idea what makes him think it will be successful now?

It's complicated because it's all political but Trump's hatred for the NFL would of played a big part in this, who we all know is very close to Vince. His hatred for the NFL started decades ago and peaked last year during when the players started kneeling during the American National anthem. It's scary really because it's on borderline dictatorship but Trump would love to see the NFL fall during his era.

It's hard because you'd think there's an appetite for more American Football,but I wouldn't know when. Maybe they think with online platforms these days it will be better. It would have to be in the off season,but it's also something that is closely associated with those times or year.

I can't stop watching Orton's RKO on Nakamura from Tuesday.

It was probably the 2nd best one he's ever done behind the 1 against Rollins at WM. It was literally out of nowhere, outstanding.

There was a very good documentary about the XFL in its original form on ESPN a year or two ago. Such a litany of crass errors in the game itself, camera angles, presentation and live broadcasting times that you kind of feel XFL is tainted and doomed a good two years even before it comes back. Probably more chance of Bobby Lashley winning the Royal Rumble than that succeeding.

There was a very good documentary about the XFL in its original form on ESPN a year or two ago. Such a litany of crass errors in the game itself, camera angles, presentation and live broadcasting times that you kind of feel XFL is tainted and doomed a good two years even before it comes back. Probably more chance of Bobby Lashley winning the Royal Rumble than that succeeding.

Was about to make a similar post. It was a 30for30 in the same series as the Flair doc.

I reckon it will succeed this time. Be interesting to see if they can sign Colin Kaepernick.

This one is pretty spoiler heavy regarding Sunday.

Nationwide Arena released a poster for FastLane a bit too early, has AJ styles still as Champion in a Fatal 5 way against Orton, Nakamura, Zayn and Owens which suggests neither of those 4 will be winning the RR either unless it's a teaser poster. Cena is confirmed also but possibly for a Taker return angle

From what I always saw, they did pioneer a lot of camera work that the NFL quickly started to copy.

Who knows if it would succeed, there is a huge appetite for American football over here, it's far and away the richest league in the world, which is amazing considering you meet people from all over the world who watch the Premier League. I'd think if they recruited well and picked a smart time of year and time slot, without too much pressure to succeed quickly, then there could well be a place for it. I mean, there are so many players out there too who don't get drafted, you'd think that you'd be able to create something to a decent standard, in relation to like the NFL being the Premier League, surely they can produce something that's league 2 level people would want to watch.

I mean, in the south, particularly in places like Texas they sell small stadiums out just to watch school kids play. Even where I've lived in North Carolina and Florida, they have dedicated TV shows locally for an hour about high school football. Which is mad to me, why they'd want to watch 16 year olds playing the game, but even if they don't have a personal interest (like kids), people just want to watch it.

On the other hand, you've got these historical failures like the NFL Europe and indeed the XFL, I suppose like any sport these days, the key is how well they manage player costs.

This one is pretty spoiler heavy regarding Sunday.

Nationwide Arena released a poster for FastLane a bit too early, has AJ styles still as Champion in a Fatal 5 way against Orton, Nakamura, Zayn and Owens which suggests neither of those 4 will be winning the RR either unless it's a teaser poster. Cena is confirmed also but possibly for a Taker return angle

Can't imagine AJ dropping the belt before WM. AJ v Nakamura is a given. But I just can't see Nakamura winning the Rumble. I can see Orton winning it though. But if that poster is real then someone from Raw is winning it, Roman f***ing Reigns. :rolleyes:

Can't imagine AJ dropping the belt before WM. AJ v Nakamura is a given. But I just can't see Nakamura winning the Rumble. I can see Orton winning it though. But if that poster is real then someone from Raw is winning it, Roman f***ing Reigns. :rolleyes:

Why do you think he’s dropped the IC belt...f***ing nailed on I reckon

Why do you think he’s dropped the IC belt...f***ing nailed on I reckon

Miz/Seth feud would be great. Hopefully the off camera segment in the Manhattan Center on Monday is the start of it. As for Roman, boring as fuck but if it gets rid of part timers in the long run all the better.

Back