Wrestling - Part 3

I'd add Rusev alongside Miz as being a heel capable of managing to get good heat if he slates the US or something. He's getting really close to positive reactions though.

Bayley, Sami Zayn and Rich Swann should be the 3 of the most over stars on Raw at the minute but creative's script-writing and booking has Bayley dangerously treading on thin ice with some of the material she's been given to work with and Swanny referring to Neville as 'Dumbo' and a 'jester' has just about killed him completely sadly. Thankfully Sami's not completely ruined yet because he manages to make his stuff work.

Owens has been booked like an absolute joke and Goldberg's possibly the most over star on Raw, maybe with the exception of Jericho, so it'll go over well with a majority of fans even though it's f***ing stupid and doesn't make any sense at all.
What I'm really not looking forward to about the whole situation is Lesnar once again being an absentee champion after 'Mania until Reigns beats him at SummerSlam. I'd had enough of that shite in 2014/15.

Yeah rusev is very good. Obviously has the foreigner angle which allows how to get a lot of heat.

Obviously the problem for the true heels is that they get booked like an absolute joke I.e Gallows and Anderson. I know they're champs but their credibility must be through the floor. The only real heel tag teams with any credibility are the usos but their 'heat' off the crowd started from being babyfaces and being booed because of creative direction.

I don't understand why they're putting the title on goldberg or why they're insisting on having another match with Lesnar but that's another debate. Still not sure if Lesnar is a heel or a face because he has always been booked like a heel but yet they insist on him only using the suplex to engage with the crowd (suplex city chants ect). I'm guessing he'd be the heel going into a Goldberg match but he'll just use a suplex.

I think that the fans cheer the likes of Owens, Jericho, Styles and Ziggler because they act like babyfaces. The Miz is the only true heel in WWE.

Do they act like babyfaces though? Other than Sammy

I understand why the crowd cheers the likes of Owens/Styles as they're seen as 'our guys' but they consistently slag off the crowd. Before having world class matches. Owens is a master of psychology when he's teasing the crowd and taking stuff away but that's all heel stuff. I suppose it doesn't matter that much in these situations but just when you have the likes of Ziggler getting cheered after superkicking a heart attack victim because he's going against a proper babyface (both Kalisto and Crews are talented but nobody gives a shit as they have no edge)

Effects the payoff imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah rusev is very good. Obviously has the foreigner angle which allows how to get a lot of heat.

Obviously the problem for the true heels is that they get booked like an absolute joke I.e Gallows and Anderson. I know they're champs but their credibility must be through the floor. The only real heel tag teams with any credibility are the usos but their 'heat' off the crowd started from being babyfaces and being booed because of creative direction.

I don't understand why they're putting the title on goldberg or why they're insisting on having another match with Lesnar but that's another debate. Still not sure if Lesnar is a heel or a face because he has always been booked like a heel but yet they insist on him only using the suplex to engage with the crowd (suplex city chants ect). I'm guessing he'd be the heel going into a Goldberg match but he'll just use a suplex.

Do they act like babyfaces though? Other than Sammy

I understand why the crowd cheers the likes of Owens/Styles as they're seen as 'our guys' but they consistently slag off the crowd. Before having world class matches. Owens is a master of psychology when he's teasing the crowd and taking stuff away but that's all heel stuff. I suppose it doesn't matter that much in these situations but just when you have the likes of Ziggler getting cheered after superkicking a heart attack victim because he's going against a proper babyface (both Kalisto and Crews are talented but nobody gives a shit as they have no edge)

Effects the payoff imo.

Babyface movesets and they never cheat.

Heels barely do heel things these days. They need a despicable bastard type like Edge. At least Natalya keeps blindsiding Nikki and getting personal though I guess.

AJ came across as the face in his last few feuds too. He started as the heel with the ball shot to Ambrose but then he, Ellsworth and even the GM continued to mess with him and screw him around.
Then Cena walks straight into a title match and belittles him for being an 'indie guy' and I'm supposed to boo AJ?

Why is Rusev a heel? Because he defends his wife's honour and his country of birth? Should I be raging cause he dished a beating out to a bloke trying to get it on with his wife?

Heels need to go up against good faces, and the fed are crap at booking faces.

Heels barely do heel things these days. They need a despicable bastard type like Edge. At least Natalya keeps blindsiding Nikki and getting personal though I guess.

AJ came across as the face in his last few feuds too. He started as the heel with the ball shot to Ambrose but then he, Ellsworth and even the GM continued to mess with him and screw him around.
Then Cena walks straight into a title match and belittles him for being an 'indie guy' and I'm supposed to boo AJ?

Why is Rusev a heel? Because he defends his wife's honour and his country of birth? Should I be raging cause he dished a beating out to a bloke trying to get it on with his wife?

I agree. Before actually winning their match by being competent. To be a proper heel you need to legitimise them in the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Miz is probably the only 'true' heel at the minute. He constantly cheats. He's obnoxious and arrogant. He insults a wrestler who had to retire and can't do it anymore. He hides behind his wife. He gets heat.

The Usos were doing a good job with the 'street thug' gimmick until they disappeared - did one of them get injured?

Maybe my memory isn't great (I haven't watched it back) but I thought Roode did a good job of turning the crowd at Takeover with his antics. He's always looking to grab the tights or use the ropes, and he took advantage of Nakamura's leg injury.

Last edited:

People on here went mad with me at the time when I said that was the case. Daniel Bryan was literally stacking the deck against AJ and at times allowing Ambrose to literally choose if he wants to be guest referee, timekeeper etc. Thats what heels do to faces, not the other way around.

I think the best recent example is heel tag team Gallows and Anderson getting screwed out of winning the tag titles despite doing nothing heelish and pinning Cesaro clean after Sheamus knocked out the referee only to end up winning the match via DQ.

How are you meant to dislike the heels with shit booking like that?

People on here went mad with me at the time when I said that was the case. Daniel Bryan was literally stacking the deck against AJ and at times allowing Ambrose to literally choose if he wants to be guest referee, timekeeper etc. Thats what heels do to faces, not the other way around.
Difference there though was AJ Styles came out and said he was going to defend his championship against an opponent of his choosing. He chose James Ellsworth to take the piss because he's the best wrestler in the world and Ellsworth is clearly not. Not really a fair thing to do. Bryan presented the opportunity to make it fair to Ellsworth by making Ambrose guest ref. And it just so happened that Styles had pissed Ambrose off by taking the easy way out despite being the best wrestler in the world and kicking him in the balls to take the WWE Championship.
That's an instance where the face/heel dynamic was done right.

Last edited:
I think the best recent example is heel tag team Gallows and Anderson getting screwed out of winning the tag titles despite doing nothing heelish and pinning Cesaro clean after Sheamus knocked out the referee only to end up winning the match via DQ.

Difference there though was AJ Styles came out and said he was going to defend his championship against an opponent of his choosing. He chose James Ellsworth to take the piss because he's the best wrestler in the world and Ellsworth is clearly not. Not really a fair thing to do. Bryan presented the opportunity to make it fair to Ellsworth by making Ambrose guest ref. And it just so happened that Styles had pissed Ambrose off by taking the easy way out despite being the best wrestler in the world and kicking him in the balls to take the WWE Championship.
Well that was maybe done right on that night, but then the following week they did the same thing but this time AJ made no provocation. Bryan said Ambrose can be anything but referee, so he went out being timekeeper, ring announcer etc.

I've got no idea why they don't let heels on the main roster do what heels on NXT do. Roode is always looking for a shortcut. The Revival are masters of cheating and getting heat for the faces.
Simple things like using the ropes or distracting the ref for a cheap shot will work in the long run but heels are booked like crap on the main roster.

If anyone is at a loose end tomorrow night after the match, North are running their 3rd show at the Riverside in Newcastle. Cracking lineup, Jimmy Havoc, London Riots, Clint Margera and Session Moth all booked. First two shows have been class.

If anyone is at a loose end tomorrow night after the match, North are running their 3rd show at the Riverside in Newcastle. Cracking lineup, Jimmy Havoc, London Riots, Clint Margera and Session Moth all booked. First two shows have been class.
Session Moth/Martina/Kazza Glennon or whatever she's using now is terrible. Toilet break at best.

See the Rock's making a film on the Knight Family
Logon or register to see this image

BREAKING: Our Seven Bucks Productions is excited to announce production on a cool project we've been working on for years based on a very unique and gritty professional wrestling family and a their daughter's journey into the spotlight of the WWE.

Years ago (2012) while shooting Fast & Furious in London, I was up at 3am (too much caffeine) and stumbled upon a documentary on a UK station about a local wrestling family and their daughter's unlikely journey into the global spotlight. That daughter, is current WWE Women's Superstar, Paige. The family element I saw in the doc, is what grabbed my attention. That no matter how crazy life gets, no matter how dysfunctional our families can sometimes be and especially regardless of how much we fight - we're always there for each other when it counts. That's what families do.

My gut said there was a great movie to be made so I sent to my agent Brad Slater at WME who loved it. He sent it to my long time ace producer Kevin Misher, who immediately responded to the doc and he thought we should go after one of our favorite writer/directors for material like this, Stephen Merchant.
Merchant, being from the UK, locked in to a strong POV and vision of how gritty and heartfelt this film needs to be and the rest is history.

Pleasure to partner with WWE Studios and Film 4 to bring this great story to life.
Ive been buds with Paige for years now and we're all excited to bring her and her family's story to life.
Cool casting announcements coming this week!

Already cast are - Lena Headey, Nick Frost, Jack Lowden & Florence Pugh

See the Rock's making a film on the Knight Family
Logon or register to see this image

BREAKING: Our Seven Bucks Productions is excited to announce production on a cool project we've been working on for years based on a very unique and gritty professional wrestling family and a their daughter's journey into the spotlight of the WWE.

Years ago (2012) while shooting Fast & Furious in London, I was up at 3am (too much caffeine) and stumbled upon a documentary on a UK station about a local wrestling family and their daughter's unlikely journey into the global spotlight. That daughter, is current WWE Women's Superstar, Paige. The family element I saw in the doc, is what grabbed my attention. That no matter how crazy life gets, no matter how dysfunctional our families can sometimes be and especially regardless of how much we fight - we're always there for each other when it counts. That's what families do.

My gut said there was a great movie to be made so I sent to my agent Brad Slater at WME who loved it. He sent it to my long time ace producer Kevin Misher, who immediately responded to the doc and he thought we should go after one of our favorite writer/directors for material like this, Stephen Merchant.
Merchant, being from the UK, locked in to a strong POV and vision of how gritty and heartfelt this film needs to be and the rest is history.

Pleasure to partner with WWE Studios and Film 4 to bring this great story to life.
Ive been buds with Paige for years now and we're all excited to bring her and her family's story to life.
Cool casting announcements coming this week!

Already cast are - Lena Headey, Nick Frost, Jack Lowden & Florence Pugh
Lena Headey is a wad

Chavo classic has died

Back