Wrestling - Part 3

Idea for a YouTube video.

The reactions to taker losing at wrestlemania only used for the reactions to jack rodwells losing streak being ended.

Hey Big Bang theory this is the sort of writing I'm capable of employ me

Someone earlier was asking if Reigns broken nose was a work. I'm sure there's footage on YouTube of Byron Saxton surreptitiously handing Reigns a blood capsule while he's sprawled around the announcers table.

Someone earlier was asking if Reigns broken nose was a work. I'm sure there's footage on YouTube of Byron Saxton surreptitiously handing Reigns a blood capsule while he's sprawled around the announcers table.
IIRC he needed surgery on his nose for some injury and they just used it to make a storyline out of it.

Travis Banks vs Zack Sabre Jr from WCPW Lights Out was brilliant. Not sure if it can be found anywhere online (I signed up for the WhatCulture free trial) but if you can find it then it's well worth a watch.
Banks always impresses whenever I've seen him. His suicide dive is class.

Last edited:
I usually watch the Raw and Smackdown repeats on the All Wrestling add on but it's been hopeless lately.

Is there anywhere else to watch them on my dodgy box??

Watching Smackdown. Why did they do the fatal four way? Can we not, just for once, have a PPV main event where they two competitors don't touch each other on tv before the event?

Also, why is AJ Styles taking a pin for Corbin? What the fuck is that about?

The commentary is f***ing shite at times man. Corbin pins AJ Styles and they barely acknowledge it. It should be made to sound like the biggest deal ever, but instead they switched straight to JBL advertising the upcoming PPV. Fuck sake.

Last edited:
Why don't the crowds just boo who they're supposed to? You can see they're clearly trying to get ziggler over as heel and yet the crowd insist on cheering chairshots and cheap shots. The bloke superkicked a heart attack victim in the chest ffs :lol:

All the dodgepots want to look aware of what's going on behind the scenes so cheer creative direction :lol:.

Same as AJ styles, you might respect him but he's a heel and slags off crowds regularly. Boo the fucker instead of being self aware. Instead of booing the faces, if you don't like them (I.e Reigns) why not just not react to them instead of booing them becuase you don't like their perceived creative direction. Bizzare imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't the crowds just boo who they're supposed to? You can see they're clearly trying to get ziggler over as heel and yet the crowd insist on cheering chairshots and cheap shots. The bloke superkicked a heart attack victim in the chest ffs :lol:

All the dodgepots want to look aware of what's going on behind the scenes so cheer creative direction :lol:.

Same as AJ styles, you might respect him but he's a heel and slags off crowds regularly. Boo the fucker instead of being self aware. Instead of booing the faces, if you don't like them (I.e Reigns) why not just not react to them instead of booing them becuase you don't like their perceived creative direction. Bizzare imo
The thing with Ziggler is that they've held off doing this heel turn for ages now when it's been clear for about 2 years that he should be a heel and the fans are happy that he's finally got an edge to him and isn't Dolph "I scratch and claw time and time again but I'm still a f***ing loser" Ziggler. Alongside that, Apollo Crews hasn't exactly been built up to be someone the fans should be arsed about getting knacked with a steel chair.

AJ Styles to his credit tries his very best to get crowds to boo him, but when he's been wanted by fans in WWE for about 10 years and he's the best wrestler in the world, fans are going to love everything he does.

At the end of the day it comes down to fans wanting to be entertained more so than them being 'dodgepots want to look aware of what's going on behind the scenes'.
Jericho, KO and AJ Styles get cheered as heels because they're entertaining and fans are happy to see them because they want to be entertained. Roman Reigns and Apollo Crews get minimal to negative reactions because they offer no entertainment value and fans show their disdain/lack of interest.
Look at Rollins for another example, since September he's been getting meh reactions just about every week because he wasn't entertaining. It was a case of, 'aye Rollins is a good/great wrestler, but when's the Triple H story properly kicking off?'. Then he showed up at Takeover and got a mega-face reaction because it was something entertaining that finally got the fans back invested in his character.

The thing with Ziggler is that they've held off doing this heel turn for ages now when it's been clear for about 2 years that he should be a heel and the fans are happy that he's finally got an edge to him and isn't Dolph "I scratch and claw time and time again but I'm still a f***ing loser" Ziggler. Alongside that, Apollo Crews hasn't exactly been built up to be someone the fans should be arsed about getting knacked with a steel chair.

AJ Styles to his credit tries his very best to get crowds to boo him, but when he's been wanted by fans in WWE for about 10 years and he's the best wrestler in the world, fans are going to love everything he does.

At the end of the day it comes down to fans wanting to be entertained more so than them being 'dodgepots want to look aware of what's going on behind the scenes'.
Jericho, KO and AJ Styles get cheered as heels because they're entertaining and fans are happy to see them because they want to be entertained. Roman Reigns and Apollo Crews get minimal to negative reactions because they offer no entertainment value and fans show their disdain/lack of interest.
Look at Rollins for another example, since September he's been getting meh reactions just about every week because he wasn't entertaining. It was a case of, 'aye Rollins is a good/great wrestler, but when's the Triple H story properly kicking off?'. Then he showed up at Takeover and got a mega-face reaction because it was something entertaining that finally got the fans back invested in his character.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with it but it just blurs the lines when it comes to getting to the actual pay off surely?

The only way to get heat seems to be by being a rubbish face and thus you'll be booed for your creative direction (kudos to the Miz by the way). Ziggler superkicked a heart attack victim literally 3 weeks ago but the crowd are cheering his creative direction, strange.

I understand the crowd not reacting to certain baby faces as they have no edge and that's fair enough but the only way it seems to be a baby face is to pretty much act heel. You get the impression certain people could say anything and still get cheered 10 seconds later :lol:

Obviously I'm generalising here but it'll be interesting to see when Owens goes up against Goldberg. Must be #1 face on raw but if he takes that title off Owens, guarenteed he'll get a lot of heet, and that's by beating Raws #1 heel!

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you're saying and I agree with it but it just blurs the lines when it comes to getting to the actual pay off surely?

The only way to get heat seems to be by being a rubbish face and thus you'll be booed for your creative direction (kudos to the Miz by the way). Ziggler superkicked a heart attack victim literally 3 weeks ago but the crowd are cheering his creative direction, strange.

I understand the crowd not reacting to certain baby faces as they have no edge and that's fair enough but the only way it seems to be a baby face is to pretty much act heel. You get the impression certain people could say anything and still get cheered 10 seconds later :lol:

Obviously I'm generalising here but it'll be interesting to see when Owens goes up against Goldberg. Must be #1 face on raw but if he takes that title off Owens, guarenteed he'll get a lot of heet, and that's by beating Raws #1 heel!
I'd add Rusev alongside Miz as being a heel capable of managing to get good heat if he slates the US or something. He's getting really close to positive reactions though.

Bayley, Sami Zayn and Rich Swann should be the 3 of the most over stars on Raw at the minute but creative's script-writing and booking has Bayley dangerously treading on thin ice with some of the material she's been given to work with and Swanny referring to Neville as 'Dumbo' and a 'jester' has just about killed him completely sadly. Thankfully Sami's not completely ruined yet because he manages to make his stuff work.

Owens has been booked like an absolute joke and Goldberg's possibly the most over star on Raw, maybe with the exception of Jericho, so it'll go over well with a majority of fans even though it's f***ing stupid and doesn't make any sense at all.
What I'm really not looking forward to about the whole situation is Lesnar once again being an absentee champion after 'Mania until Reigns beats him at SummerSlam. I'd had enough of that shite in 2014/15.

Back