Wreckless people during lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wish my builders would carry on. They were half way through laying bricks. The extension is 4m wide so could easily have met the distance requirements. Downed tools on day 1.
The dog is not happy either as there is building paraphernalia all over his garden!

Common sense would have been put 1 or 2 lads on a rota and crack on.

Youd think even just the gaffer alone would do this.

Think he got the definition right under the law six lads from different household have the potential to go home and pass the virus on to there family who then go out for essential items and infect others. Its not rocket science the measures have been brought in for a reason I sincerely hope none of your love ones die from this virus. In nutshell these lad were wreckless

It's reckless man. There's no such word as wreckless......unless you count not having any wrecks as being wreckless.

You know what I mean, excercise on your own not in groups, I am sure they are plently enough open spaces for you to excercise well away from 2m from anyone.

Is that asking to much for people?
People want to think themselves lucky they're allowed out to exercise at all. We're even banned from that.

Serious question, is that not allowed or is it just something you think is wrong? I get it the more people that congregate the worse it’ll be, but if you park up safely & don’t interact with anyone else, is it bad? We’ve just been round the park most days, but it’s be good to get the bairns out somewhere different, as long as it wasn’t putting anyone in danger.
There was a copper (ACC for Cumbria, IIRC) on the radio a couple of days ago and he suggested that if you need to drive somewhere to exercise do it somewhere else where you don't have to drive to get there. That is a sensible rule of thumb.

I've been pounding the pavement on the same dull couple of miles of walking but I'd rather do that than put myself and others at risk.

There was a copper (ACC for Cumbria, IIRC) on the radio a couple of days ago and he suggested that if you need to drive somewhere to exercise do it somewhere else where you don't have to drive to get there. That is a sensible rule of thumb.

I've been pounding the pavement on the same dull couple of miles of walking but I'd rather do that than put myself and others at risk.

I thought I was quite lucky because I live a mile from the seafront & a country park so could run there without driving but the car parks at both have been pretty busy & both have had loads of people, often in groups. At least the council have closed the seafront car parks here as of yesterday.

Your inheritance is slipping through your finger.

Or her fingers.:eek:

Its so fecking simple the guidelines, Im embarassed for the ones who cant grasp it.

Last edited:
People want to think themselves lucky they're allowed out to exercise at all. We're even banned from that.

Where is this mate? Psychologically I think that's counter-productive. I've been out every morning but between 5.30-6.30 and the only close encounter I had was a Roe Deer leaping across my path. If you're expecting people to comply with a lockdown you also need to think of the psychological effects on them.

There's a narrow one way lane with no street lighting near here. A nurse coming home from a night shift early this morning almost had an accident as some idiot has dumped a mattress in the lane.

Serious question, is that not allowed or is it just something you think is wrong? I get it the more people that congregate the worse it’ll be, but if you park up safely & don’t interact with anyone else, is it bad? We’ve just been round the park most days, but it’s be good to get the bairns out somewhere different, as long as it wasn’t putting anyone in danger.

It's not allowed. The police and government are making repeated statements saying so. People arnt meant to be driving anywhere socially. Theres cars constantly turning up with people just wanting a trip out, folk sitting in the cars or driving up and down.
Theres also the risk of if theres a RTA, the emergency services all already overstretched as it is.

Our boy is doing my nut in. First he was saying it was all a waste of time, over exaggerated, media hype. Then a week later it was essential he shouldn't have to work, the government are killing him not closing the sites and not paying the self employed. Now he's at a stage of "being in the house is shit" and he should be allowed out if he wants to go out.

If ever there was cause for legislation keeping people in their houses, he's it.

Where is this mate? Psychologically I think that's counter-productive. I've been out every morning but between 5.30-6.30 and the only close encounter I had was a Roe Deer leaping across my path. If you're expecting people to comply with a lockdown you also need to think of the psychological effects on them.
Spain. Think even if we were, lots wouldn't. You've also got to remember the Spanish don't like doing things alone, so they'd end up taking half the family with them. :lol:

Our boy is doing my nut in. First he was saying it was all a waste of time, over exaggerated, media hype. Then a week later it was essential he shouldn't have to work, the government are killing him not closing the sites and not paying the self employed. Now he's at a stage of "being in the house is shit" and he should be allowed out if he wants to go out.

If ever there was cause for legislation keeping people in their houses, he's it.
Nowt like the fickle and the feckless to keep us entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back