Wreckless people during lockdown

Slow joe

Winger
Seen 6 lads on their bikes yesterday, about 14yr old, just going about their stuff as tho nothing was wrong.

Someone who works on the frontline getting pissed in the pub less than a week ago and proudly posting pics of their pint on the SMB.

Lad I know going to work daily and wondering what all the fuss is about.

Seen a group of lads (looked about aged 16-20) having a game of football in the park, about 10 of them when I was out walking the dog

The party of the current government has spent the last ten years telling the public we shouldn't listen to experts and generally whipping up negative sentiment toward scientists/academics.

Is it any suprise that there are now a large number of people who are unwilling to listen, confused by the advice, and unable/unwilling to articulate to their kids why the advice must be followed?

It's reckless. ;)

The party of the current government has spent the last ten years telling the public we shouldn't listen to experts and generally whipping up negative sentiment toward scientists/academics.

Is it any suprise that there are now a large number of people who are unwilling to listen, confused by the advice, and unable/unwilling to articulate to their kids why the advice must be followed?

The communications strategy throughout has been really poor. The choice of language hasn't helped things in any way either. Still no excusing clowns like those in the OP mind.

Have they?

Ya reckon.
I must have missed it.
I’m a Labour voter, but there’s nee excuse for the bellends who are still doing as they please.
Nowt to do with Gove, Johnson or anybody.

TBH, in the case of the kids on bikes and the lads playing football listed above, I don't think they're getting the message at all. They won't be reading/watching/listening to the news. Parental responsibility comes into it with the younger ones, of course.

I'm a postman and the amount of people i see still working when I'm doing my round is unreal. Gardeners,window cleaners,skip hire. ASomeone erecting a fence. Workmen tarmacing a path,others laying a sewerage pipe. Workmen on a new build site and many more.

Parental responsibility comes into it with the younger ones

...and acceptance of personal responsibility is vital for the rest.

Sadly for a minority, both of the above seem to be a particular challenge.

I'm a postman and the amount of people i see still working when I'm doing my round is unreal. Gardeners,window cleaners,skip hire. ASomeone erecting a fence. Workmen tarmacing a path,others laying a sewerage pipe. Workmen on a new build site and many more.
Three window cleaners standing in a punter's garden opposite mine earlier today having a gab. No distancing, leaning all over the couple's front gate.

Back