Wreckless people during lockdown

That was over a week ago. It's a bit strange to post about it now.
The threads about the entirety of the virus..2 things out of the 3 that I posted in the OP happened yesterday, the other one is just something terrible that sticks in my memory

Sent my nan shopping this morning... When she collapsed with a coughing fit no one would help her... Had to phone my 80 year old aunty.. To go and get her.. Now gotta ask my 15 year old granddaughter to go and get my fags n beer... . This is getting worse...

Confused advice!!

Whether they has been mixed messages in the past,is for debate.

The advice is clear as day now, stop making excuses for people, what people have been told in the last 10 years is irrevlant to now.

The advice is not clear at all.....Only make journeys that are "essential", only go to work if it is "essential".......When asked if building sites should be closed they reply "no, they can remain open".......So tubes rammed with people going to work in building sites. Employers in loads of sectors including call centres, factories making stuff that is non essential, takeaways, off licences all still open.

The Govt have muddied the waters since day 1, they only stopped mass gathering because places like football clubs, festivals etc embarrassed them into it by cancelling them anyway.....They would still have schools open now but for heads saying "we dont have the staff to man them anymore as loads self isolating"........At every stage they have been weak and the holes in their plan gaping.

There are still people thinking that we need to "take it on the chin" that we need to get herd immunity and expose people to the virus because this is the message govt gave out for the first few weeks before then denying it when faced with the facts that it was utter lunacy because upto 500k would die.

Hmmmm, wasnt it Jacob Rees Mogg who recently libelled a medical expert in parliament as he didnt like his advice. Did he not say he was as bad as Dr Andrew Wakefield (of MMR infamy)? The entire Brexit campaign was build on Brexiteers like Boris and Gove saying things like "people are sick of experts" and largely deriding them because the experts contradicted their view..............

Now the very same people want the population to listen to experts and most will but I suspect those who dont are the very same people who were conditioned by the side they supported into believing experts all talked shite.

There are a lot of chickens coming home to roost in Tory HQ during this crisis.
Bollocks

Are people really struggling with their mental health/psychological well being already? I find it amazing that people are finding this so hard. Most people’s houses have a plethora of entertainment activities on hand. Tv, computer, phone, tablets, books, gardens etc etc. Yes this has thrown things up in the air, but the way some people are going on you would think they’re in solitary with absolutely nothing!

The advice is not clear at all.....Only make journeys that are "essential", only go to work if it is "essential".......When asked if building sites should be closed they reply "no, they can remain open".......So tubes rammed with people going to work in building sites. Employers in loads of sectors including call centres, factories making stuff that is non essential, takeaways, off licences all still open.

The Govt have muddied the waters since day 1, they only stopped mass gathering because places like football clubs, festivals etc embarrassed them into it by cancelling them anyway.....They would still have schools open now but for heads saying "we dont have the staff to man them anymore as loads self isolating"........At every stage they have been weak and the holes in their plan gaping.

There are still people thinking that we need to "take it on the chin" that we need to get herd immunity and expose people to the virus because this is the message govt gave out for the first few weeks before then denying it when faced with the facts that it was utter lunacy because upto 500k would die.

I meant in terms of excercise and not going out in groups, and individuals taking that responsibility at the present time, should have made the clear, would have saved you your normal usual political rant at the government
That was what the op was taking about and what I was relating it too.
The thread is about reckless people during lockdown, not companies and not the government that’s a whole diffrent debate.

Last edited:
Are people really struggling with their mental health/psychological well being already? I find it amazing that people are finding this so hard. Most people’s houses have a plethora of entertainment activities on hand. Tv, computer, phone, tablets, books, gardens etc etc. Yes this has thrown things up in the air, but the way some people are going on you would think they’re in solitary with absolutely nothing!

Stuck in, WFH, with a toddler is a f***ing nightmare.

Shame it’s not a proper lockdown where everything apart from real key workers close down. It’s not sending a good message out giving daft company’s the option to stay open when it’s risking lifes. Telling you it’s ok to go to work and mix with people and do jobs in people’s houses but soon as you get in from work then it’s time to take it serious.

TBH, in the case of the kids on bikes and the lads playing football listed above, I don't think they're getting the message at all. They won't be reading/watching/listening to the news. Parental responsibility comes into it with the younger ones, of course.
They should de the same as they do with kids missing school, fine the parents for these muppets still knocking about the streets while there’s a fukn pandemic garn on
Three window cleaners standing in a punter's garden opposite mine earlier today having a gab. No distancing, leaning all over the couple's front gate.
Still not as bad as what the window cleaner from marley potts was dein

Last edited:
Its people already struggling with mental health it will be harder for, and not everyone has internet, normal telly has been shite lately.
Anyone already suffering from alchohol or drug dependancy will be going downhill fast since this started

I wouldn't say I'm struggling with my mental health, but I'm absolutely hating this. I like doing outdoor sports, going to the lakes running etc, I also like to compete in races, I like going to the match, I like going to the pub etc. When I can't do it, it makes me sad.

TBH, in the case of the kids on bikes and the lads playing football listed above, I don't think they're getting the message at all. They won't be reading/watching/listening to the news. Parental responsibility comes into it with the younger ones, of course.
Who in the UK won't know what's happening or not get the message? I thought everyone got a text sent out saying stay at home? Surely this would have got them checking with their mates, family or the internet as to what the fuck it was about?

Logon or register to see this image

Confused advice!!

Whether they has been mixed messages in the past,is for debate.

The advice is clear as day now, stop making excuses for people, what people have been told in the last 10 years is irrelevant to now.
This! Yet another thinly veiled dig at the government that others are happily jumping on given this thread was about reckless people and not sensible people. Aye you'll get oldies who may have a stubborn attitude or still don't get it but that's not down to the past 10 years, it's probably more to do with how they've lived their life or just prefer being ignorant and not being told what to do given they lasted so long before now and seen it all before.

The problem mentioned in the OP is probably down to those who just think it's the flu, won't affect them just don't give a fuck about others. If people are still being knackers and going out in groups and being sociable then it's not the government to blame. It's probably the same knackers out there who don't like to follow the rules given there is very little chance of getting caught and punished, speeders for example. They will know fine well what they should or shouldn't be doing what they're doing as mentioned in the first post. All this shite about can I do this, can I do that, all you need is a bit of common sense surely?

Saw this earlier and it made me laugh. Normally trying to get people out and about is hard work. Now people can’t go out it’s all they want to do!

Because people are out and about most days at work, going to get the groceries, going to the pub, shops or a match on a weekend etc. They can't do that now.

There are some people that seem confused (not saying you) why people want to leave the house once a day to go for a walk when it's really not that hard to understand.

Back