worst meal you've had at a restaurant

Was it that Italians that used to be The flying Pizza?

horid in there like ,the worst meal I’ve had by some distance.I told the owner that aswell.

This place is shite aswell
Just checked it is called Marina Vista now. Not sure if it was then I went in 2019 after we beat Wimbledon 1-0.

Can't describe how bad it was , all I can describe is my pizza was like a store bought base with Dolmio and cheap cheese slapped on top then put under a grill

Frankie & Benny's next to the cinema in Sunderland
Lardo in Hackney, although apparently it has since sorted itself out
A francesinha from Cervejaria Brasão Aliados in Porto last week
Breakfast at a place called Zenith in Lisbon

Surprised at that like. Is it under new ownership?
Frankie & Bennys for me as well. Calzone. Had one bite and sent it back, was burned and had fuck all inside it. Could see through to the kitchen where the chefs were inspecting it. Waitress came back and said that’s how it’s served but the chef would cook me something else if I wanted (the chef was stood staring at me from the kitchen). Turned down the offer, got a refund and just waited for everyone else to eat up.

Just checked it is called Marina Vista now. Not sure if it was then I went in 2019 after we beat Wimbledon 1-0.

Can't describe how bad it was , all I can describe is my pizza was like a store bought base with Dolmio and cheap cheese slapped on top then put under a grill
Yes same place .

it was f***ing shite.

Yes same place .

it was f***ing shite.

The top review was my exact experience because the only edible food was some fried mozzarella sticks. Shame as it had a nice setting and the waiting staff were brilliant.

Rib Room at Ramside, twice but only because 3 of us used to go out once a month and take turns choosing. Sirloin steaks were terrible, too much gristle.

We also tried the carvery and it was disgusting. Meat and pudding ok but veg was all sloppy overcooked.

They're a bit too sloppy for me and I tried one with prawns rather than meat which didn't work at all (for me, anyway). I prefer picapau which is basically the same as meaty francesinha but comes in bite-sized cubes that you can eat with a fork or toothpick.

I don’t think beer and tomatoes make nice tasting sauce.

Bite size would have been more acceptable mind.

The top review was my exact experience because the only edible food was some fried mozzarella sticks. Shame as it had a nice setting and the waiting staff were brilliant.

Been there recently and it was very nice. How can it vary so much?

Another vote for Big Lukes. Dreadful. My fault, I know!

Carluccios (the chain) in York was bad too. Ordered Milanese Chicken. It took 45 mins to come and it was 90% bread crumbs with a couple of lettuce leaves on the side. One of the only times I've sent anything back.
Big Luke’s is a disgrace like. I had a right fat bastard moment at the metro centre one, must be 10yr ago now. Was out with my lass at the time and her sister, we’d been for breakfast earlier and I was just still starving. Told them to just do their own thing and meet back in an hour, I’ll just go to HMV. I went straight to Big Luke’s, sat in a booth on my tod, scranning away on beige crap. As I was paying up,they both walked past, caught red handed.

A spaghetti bolognese I bought in a cafe attached to a backpackers hotel in Sydney. Absolutely vile and tasted of Chinese food. Looked in the kitchen and all the cooks were Asian.

I can’t remember having any awful ones, but loads of really mediocre ones. I’d love to know the ratio of eateries to properly qualified chefs in the Uk.

The takdir in whitleybay. Waited 45 mins for our starter then it got to an hour after they had cleared the plates form the starter and several enquiries of where is the main we got up an left as still no sign of the main. I said we were leaving as we had another commitment and and wanted to settle for what we had ate an drank, they kicked off an said that we had to pay in full as we had ordered and it was nearly ready. In the end they agreed to take 25% off the price as I said they could call the police.

Once went to Chiquitos and as well as taking ten years for the (cold) food to arrive there was a bit of smashed plate in the mix.
Years back when our kids were little we went to Chiquitos in Durham after we'd been to the panto at the Gala on Christmas Eve. Everything took forever, the staff all looked really harassed, and in the end the manager came to see us and apologise, and told us the chef had walked out, and then started crying.

So that was festive.

Years back when our kids were little we went to Chiquitos in Durham after we'd been to the panto at the Gala on Christmas Eve. Everything took forever, the staff all looked really harassed, and in the end the manager came to see us and apologise, and told us the chef had walked out, and then started crying.

So that was festive.
That last bit has tickled me pink

Back