worst meal you've had at a restaurant

I’ve always had canny bait out of Wetherspoons..worst i can remember was Martinos down Seaburn..it was class years ago then it changed hands and the bait we got was very poor..out of ten of us..six meals went back for being undercooked.

Yes, Wetherspoons is always passable for the price. Mind you I was had a breakfast at one where the bacon was so undercooked that a decent vet could have resurrected the pig.

whether it being served slop or waiting staff having a shocking attitude or disgusting hygiene practices or being charged the earth for bang average food, what's the worst meal you've ever had at a restaurant?

river cafe in the smoke for me,been living off its reputation for years and served me a ludicrously bad portion of pasta last year

BIG LUKES...faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack me

Oh my god. I may have been the same time. Was trying to think of the name as I was reading this thread. Went one Christmas eve for some Santa thing. The food was bad enough but the utter chaos was something else. Place was heaving. Staff in total panic. Stuck it out as obviously bairns were expecting to see Santa by then. May have been there like 5 hours waiting for the grub, queuing to see Santa. Also moved table but can't actually remember if it was the cold or another reason. Just a truly miserable experience
Where we were sitting was freezing but it turned out to be an air conditioner unit on the ceiling blowing cold air towards us..i went to the bar four times asking them to turn it off..the food eventually came out and it was awful..you could put your hand on top of the food and feel no heat at all..terrible.

Where we were sitting was freezing but it turned out to be an air conditioner unit on the ceiling blowing cold air towards us..i went to the bar four times asking them to turn it off..the food eventually came out and it was awful..you could put your hand on top of the food and feel no heat at all..terrible.
Crikey genuinely that was it. In the sort of bar area. Other half and kids had their coats on. But I 'harded' it out in a t shirt . Moved into the like conservatory back bit which was just horrible anyway. Might as well have been sat in SOL concourse at half time it was that chaotic and packed in. Never again

You should have worn a large hat 😁

Only restaurant I've walked out of was in San Francisco. Sat there for 45 mins before being asked for food. Fuck that.

Was also given some deep fried fish bones in a Japanese in NYC. Frigging expensive place. Was like chewing something you'd gove a dog to clean his teeth. Absolutely Vile it was. Bill came to about $400 per person or something daft.

Monkfish wrapped in Pancetta whilst dining out in Scotland, the driest thing I've ever attempted to eat. This is the only meal I've sent back, to be fair the staff were great.

Bread, egg, cheese, beef, ham, chorizo, tomato and beer.

I said I’d never have one again after the first one. Mrs had never had one and refused to believe they weren’t deliciously filthy. Never again.
They're a bit too sloppy for me and I tried one with prawns rather than meat which didn't work at all (for me, anyway). I prefer picapau which is basically the same as meaty francesinha but comes in bite-sized cubes that you can eat with a fork or toothpick.

Well not a restaurant but had a cheese burger at a cafe in Westgate bike street in Newcastle. Took 30 mins to cook it and i bite into it and still raw.
Wonder if it was the same place but iwent for a bacon, sausage and cheese egg sarnie up that way and ended up flinging it in the bun, green sausages, manky fatty bacon and an abortion for an egg

Another vote for Big Lukes. Dreadful. My fault, I know!

Carluccios (the chain) in York was bad too. Ordered Milanese Chicken. It took 45 mins to come and it was 90% bread crumbs with a couple of lettuce leaves on the side. One of the only times I've sent anything back.

Back