Working on Christmas Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Start 8am Christmas Eve. Finish 8pm Christmas day. Im a support worker so needs must. Only 2 clients gonna be there as others are going gone and they're normally in bed pretty early so might finish 5 or 6pm.

Volunteered to work it as it's my first Christmas since me and my ex split up and I won't be seeing my daughter. Christmas had been a trigger for my depression the last few years so trying to keep busy.

Tidied as it is a bit of a bug bear of mine. ;)

On call Boxing day for me so got off quite lightly tbf.

Soz pet... x

For information....

My last day is 22/12/2017 and I return 08/01/2018... Life is hard!

Oh, the 22nd is always a play day too...!

Worked for xbox support (original xbox at release so a long time ago) and have never worked xmas since.

That day was hell. The quality control I guess was shit so loads of the f***ing things didnt work at all and the original release didnt include the AV cable for most UK tvs at the time so it was wall to wall half drunk dads who had been faffing all morning trying to get it to work then sat in a call queue for 2 hours pressing random numbers until they all came through to us anyway as nowhere else was working while their spoilt brat just SCREAMED in the background. There is probably only Jack Rodwell in the wold been called a c*nt more than me.

Bad day and never worked on christmas day since.

Good luck to everyone that is doing it though, I'm sure it will be fine.
Sounds like hell mate .

At a guess...

Police
Firemen
Nurses
Doctors
Taxi Drivers
and more importantly Bar/Pub Staff... will all be working on Christmas day.

Edit... and Soldiers....
Hats off to them all . Just half a hat off to our local bar staff as both boozers are shut in our village on Xmas night . Selfish lazy bastards .

Start 8am Christmas Eve. Finish 8pm Christmas day. Im a support worker so needs must. Only 2 clients gonna be there as others are going gone and they're normally in bed pretty early so might finish 5 or 6pm.

Volunteered to work it as it's my first Christmas since me and my ex split up and I won't be seeing my daughter. Christmas had been a trigger for my depression the last few years so trying to keep busy.
All the best mate .

Last edited:
Worked loads of Christmas Eves, but never worked Christmas Day.

To be honest I've never really "worked" on Christmas Eve either, always kinda go in, can't be arsed, try and look busy for a while, until the boss says I can knock off early, then go and get pissed.

This year I'm going to my son's school carol service on Friday 22nd so finish on 21st then off work until January 2nd

I’ve worked vastly more than I’ve had off over the years. Not this year as we don’t work weekends or BHols now.
I can't f***ing wait to bail out of this job now like, I'm proper jealous of you yer twat with yer nee Xmas and bank hols. 4 years to go then I can get a bit pension and go back on the tools full time.. I'm seriously at the point where I'll be f***ing gutted if we win the pension appeal and I have to work an extra 3 and a half years.. I've had enough. Sick of the nightshift, shit pay, getting cut to fuck, just lost another bod off the trucks this morning. It's getting f***ing stupid now.

Worked one Xmas day before the kids were born in about 1996.

Worked for a construction company replacing some sleepers on the train tracks in Newcastle central station and that was the only day it could be done.

Was 10 x rate paid for by British rail and the shift dragged on 17 hours so was a unbelievable earner

I can't f***ing wait to bail out of this job now like, I'm proper jealous of you yer twat with yer nee Xmas and bank hols. 4 years to go then I can get a bit pension and go back on the tools full time.. I'm seriously at the point where I'll be f***ing gutted if we win the pension appeal and I have to work an extra 3 and a half years.. I've had enough. Sick of the nightshift, shit pay, getting cut to fuck, just lost another bod off the trucks this morning. It's getting f***ing stupid now.
Pension appeal? Are you fighting the career average fraud the govt have imposed?

Most over rated day ever if you don't have kids. Don't like Turkey, everything is shut and the telly is shite.

Off this year for first time in 4 years. I'd happily go to work.

nah. Finish at 2pm on the 22nd and return to work at 8.15am on the 8th January. :cool: last year broke up the 16th and went back on the 3rd or something but I'm always off because I'm in education and we get git loads of holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back