Working on Christmas Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

would love to work paid on christmas day. done a couple of volunteer days at a local soup kitchen in the past. this year im staying at my sister's (no) farm and she will have me out feeding cows and sheep early on, but it always ends up me doing doughnuts on the quad bike and sending the feed flying:lol::lol::cool::cool:

would love to work paid on christmas day. done a couple of volunteer days at a local soup kitchen in the past. this year im staying at my sister's (no) farm and she will have me out feeding cows and sheep early on, but it always ends up me doing doughnuts on the quad bike and sending the feed flying:lol::lol::cool::cool:
Xmas day does nowt for me as I have too many unhappy memories from the past . I would happily work as a volunteer to help the homeless . How do those poor buggers cope with these temperatures ? It is a national disgrace that we have so many mentally ill people living on the streets .

Xmas day does nowt for me as I have too many unhappy memories from the past . I would happily work as a volunteer to help the homeless . How do those poor buggers cope with these temperatures ? It is a national disgrace that we have so many mentally ill people living on the streets .
don't really give a shit about xmas. all the part timers clogging up my local, can't even get to the bar.

Absolutely dead against working Christmas Day. I’m not religious, just think people should have a day off from serving the public for one day a year to spend with their families. Saying that though, we’ve got 300 booked in so I’ll be working all day. Ugh.

Yes, give all the National Grid workers, Gas National Transmission Systems people, Water and Sewage workers, and all the emergency services, hospital, and care staff, the day off, to spend with their families. That should help make for a quiet Christmas Day, and give you the day off too, I expect.

But, seriously I used to work in the National Utilities industry, and worked Christmas because I had no kids at home. I let the blokes with kids have Christmas, but I demanded they worked my New Year in return. Suited me fine.

Not worked a Christmas but worked 7 out of the last 8 New Year’s Eves on nights. Shift pattern has been a right joke. And this New Years is a weekend so it’ll be a 12 hour night shift.

New Years is shite like! Glad it’s not Christmas. I’ve been “on call from Home Christmas” a few times and never been called in.

They do throw a few extra quid in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back