Work have not put salary in my bank.....again

Status
Not open for further replies.

As above supposed to get paid on the 30th and had txts from my bank this morning alerting me to the fact that I was overdrawn and then realised salary had not been paid in.
Wouldn't care this is about the 5th time in the 9 month I have been there that this has happened.
Absolutely sick of the company, couldn't organise a drink in a brewery. I've got a new job for Sky just awaiting to be allocated a postcode and a start date, cant wait to start.

Anyone else's employer do this to them regularly, I bet not many??

It's a piss take get them to send you a BACS it happened at the start of my most recent contract.

They didn't pay me on time said was an error on their end so I just called them up and said I had no money and will starve (I was fine btw) and they spoke with Payroll and done a BACS.

For the same employer to do it 9 times in a row is a piss take though.

You sure you just haven't got the payment date wrong?

It's a piss take get them to send you a BACS it happened at the start of my most recent contract.

They didn't pay me on time said was an error on their end so I just called them up and said I had no money and will starve (I was fine btw) and they spoke with Payroll and done a BACS.

For the same employer to do it 9 times in a row is a piss take though.

You sure you just haven't got the payment date wrong?
No mate the date is correct, its the 5th time in 9 month.
I've rang my boss who just said if it's any consolation he hasnt been paid either, said they thought it was just management but obviously not...said they will sort it.

No mate the date is correct, its the 5th time in 9 month.
I've rang my boss who just said if it's any consolation he hasnt been paid either, said they thought it was just management but obviously not...said they will sort it.

I wouldn't worry probably get it after 5 as could have pushed it out in 1pm payroll

Cheers, sent the bailiffs in but he’d switched company names about so the company that owes me money has no assets now. Got my MP on the case now like as I’ve supplied her with evidence that he has broke the law. Hopefully get him struck off at the least, prison maybe an option as well.
Kin `ell Wilfy hope you get it sorted matey. Sounds like he has had the whole thing co ordinated and you won`t be the only one stung. Shit like that drives a lot of small business under. What were the services provided if you don`t mind me asking?

Businesses sometimes run out of money. Nothing to do with unions or Tory Government.
It’s everything to do with government, they’re the ones who impose ridiculous taxes making cash flow for small to medium businesses a month to month nightmare.

Sounds like the company could be in trouble

Hope you get sorted mate
This!! Worked for a short spell at lipton export,leighton buzzard where this happened,there was a fleet of securicor or such there the next day to pay out in the hand along with a note of apology.

This happened to me a couple of times - I don't wish to worry you - but it was just before the company went into administration.

Got paid eventually and fortunately didn't go overdrawn - although I would recommend that you change your main direct debits so they get taken a week to 10 days after your salary is meant to be paid, just in case it's late (for any reason).

Well if you think the Russians are innocent in all this you’re a fool to yourself.

Hope the OP and Wilfy get sorted.

Its more the fact he has a habit of detailing unrelated topics into rants about russians & brexit.

That's nice of him. You'd better ring your bank and ask if they will accept consolation as a means of putting you back in credit.

In fairness to his boss it doesn't sound like he's at fault. Shit situation for both of them.

Hope it gets sorted soon but jumping ship is definitely a good move.

Reactions: DJP
They just really badly run mate, they couldn't care less about the staff, just expect you to work non stop get through as many jobs as you can and work way over your hours for no extra pay as they dont pay overtime

Why on earth are you working extra hours & not getting paid for it??

My boss only pays flat-time for what he calls 'overtime'. My argument is that if I'm only getting paid flat-time, it's not overtime. If I ever have to work over the 8 hours I'm supposed to work each day, I'm onto the office first thing the next morning to tell them that I'm finishing early on Friday.

Fuck. That.

Last edited:
They just really badly run mate, they couldn't care less about the staff, just expect you to work non stop get through as many jobs as you can and work way over your hours for no extra pay as they dont pay overtime
If they dont pay overtime my response would be "well i dont work overtime" - tell them to fuck off - they are ripping you and others off mate.

I've been down that road before mate and you get no f***ing thanks - Wont do it again - no overtime then i down tools at my finish time - simple as that.

Is it an IT managed service company?
No but the company who deals with the salary payments to the uk staff is out sourced. The staff in Ireland apparently get paid from somewhere else.
I have been paid now but its blooming annoying that you have to chase this up time and time again.
The overtime thing is crafty...they send me jobs in Scotland etc and by the time you do the jobs and get home it's way over your hours.
I'm back to work Thursday and back to Scotland for 3 jobs (roughly 3 hour drive) which with travel between each job and doing the jobs will take around another 3 hours. Then I have to go to Kendal for 1 job then back to Penrith for another and then home! I reckon i'm looking at a 12 to 13 hour day.
I'm supposed to be local on Friday and my boss has said that they will hopefully give me some time back on Friday providing there us no repairs come in....sick ov it if I'm honest.
As I say I applied to Sky for an Engineers role and passed the assessment day (10 days before xmas) and medical so just waiting for a start date

Last edited:
No but the company who deals with the salary payments to the uk staff is out sourced. The staff in Ireland apparently get paid from somewhere else.
I have been paid now but its blooming annoying that you have to chase this up time and time again.
The overtime thing is crafty...they send me jobs in Scotland etc and by the time you do the jobs and get home it's way over your hours.
I'm back to work Thursday and back to Scotland for 3 jobs (roughly 3 hour drive) which with travel between each job and doing the jobs will take around another 3 hours. Then I have to go to Kendal for 1 job then back to Penrith for another and then home! I reckon i'm looking at a 12 to 13 hour day.
I'm supposed to be local on Friday and my boss has said that they will hopefully give me some time back on Friday providing there us no repairs come in....sick ov it if I'm honest.
As I say I applied to Sky for an Engineers role and passed the assessment day (10 days before xmas) and medical so just waiting for a start date

Hmmmm, you Kelly's or Quinn's?

Best of luck mate, started at a place that tried that unpaid overtime nonsense.
Told me, as a contractor, I'd get x jobs a day on the road and if I went past 5pm it would be unpaid, expected me to drive around with thousands of pounds of their gear in my own car - had been advertised and interviewed for a server support role in their office.
Thanked them for wasting my time and walked out on the spot, agency went nuts then I explained what they were doing.
Missus at the time was fizzing I'd walked off, as I'd been out of work for 3 months at that point, but that was taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back