Work have not put salary in my bank.....again

Four years ?
Yep. Tbh I loved the job. Was left alone for the most part might only see my boss once a year. Pretty varied job did everything from chase debts and setup new accounts to general maintenance etc. Just the owners were a nightmare.

Had that at our place, although I was the one picking up two wages. I flagged it straight away, had been overpaid at another place a few year ago and because I didn't notice until a little while later it became a bit of a pain in the arse.

Our place can be a bit iffy with wages going in on time like, and it's almost always late in the day before it's in the bank. Guaranteed to get people's backs up messing about with wages.

The people I feel really sorry for are those living pay day to pay day. Late wages could cost them the roof over their head.

The people I feel really sorry for are those living pay day to pay day. Late wages could cost them the roof over their head.
Yeah completely, cos that's me :lol:

Me and our lass paid at different times which makes things a bit easier should something unexpected come up. Pay more than a week late is gonna cause problems though.

I think a distinction should be made. There are those who happen to be in poorly paid jobs relatave to the local cost of living. As a result they live payday to payday as they have no disposable income. I do feel sorry for these people. However there are those who have high disposable income but spend it all on expensive car leases, designer clothing, top of the range phones etc etc. Thes people also live payday to payday. I have zero sympathy when these people fall on hard times due to having put no contingency funds aside. Though I do have sympahy for their children as they deserve better.

Last edited:
As above supposed to get paid on the 30th and had txts from my bank this morning alerting me to the fact that I was overdrawn and then realised salary had not been paid in.
Wouldn't care this is about the 5th time in the 9 month I have been there that this has happened.
Absolutely sick of the company, couldn't organise a drink in a brewery. I've got a new job for Sky just awaiting to be allocated a postcode and a start date, cant wait to start.

Anyone else's employer do this to them regularly, I bet not many??

I've worked for some tinpot sheisters over the years but they always managed to make the payroll.

They clearly have no respect for their employees.

You're doing the right thing
As above supposed to get paid on the 30th and had txts from my bank this morning alerting me to the fact that I was overdrawn and then realised salary had not been paid in.
Wouldn't care this is about the 5th time in the 9 month I have been there that this has happened.
Absolutely sick of the company, couldn't organise a drink in a brewery. I've got a new job for Sky just awaiting to be allocated a postcode and a start date, cant wait to start.

I've worked for some tinpot sheisters over the years but they always managed to make the payroll.

Your employer clearly have no respect for their employees.

You're doing the right thing

Yeah completely, cos that's me :lol:

Me and our lass paid at different times which makes things a bit easier should something unexpected come up. Pay more than a week late is gonna cause problems though.

Do you have any wiggle room to build up a small emergency fund? Even a couple quid a month would help eventually like

I think a distinction should be made. There are those who happen to be in poorly paid jobs relatave to the local cost of living. As a result they live payday to payday as they have no disposable income. I do feel sorry for these people. However there are those who have high disposable income but spend it all on expensive car leases, designer clothing, top of the range phones etc etc. Thes people also live payday to payday. I have zero sympathy when these people fall on hard times due to having put no contingency funds aside. Though I do have sympahy for their children as they deserve better.

Agreed.

Do you have any wiggle room to build up a small emergency fund? Even a couple quid a month would help eventually like
Yeah, finished paying for my car a few month back and started putting some one side. Had to pull a bit out this month with Christmas but hopefully it'll start building up. Wouldn't consider myself skint or owt like that, but I suppose this thread shows if it's only one payday that can knack you up that's not too clever.

Tory Britain for you. Trade unions are not perfect but they are very necessary in these cases.
Your right....unions would have took the OP's monthly membership....called a strike leading to the company closing the whole place so no more late wagers !
Yes. Quite simple really. Do you have a business with employees? If so you’ll know it’s ridiculously expensive
I own a few and employ hundreds...have to say this government doesn't do a bad job with supporting startups and sme's.
No mate the date is correct, its the 5th time in 9 month.
I've rang my boss who just said if it's any consolation he hasn't been paid either, said they thought it was just management but obviously not...said they will sort it.
once can happen and does......twice is poor management .....5 times is serious and probably means the company has cash flow problems mate. Have a word with your boss and let him know your thinking.......at the very least it might strike a chord with him and he ensures your pay goes in even if the others dont.

Last edited:
Once worked for a company who paid me 2 salaries and didn't realize until a colleague said his monthly pay hadn't gone in the bank. Talking 35 years ago so drove to the bank to find out my bank balance and discovered I had been paid twice. Finished up writing a cheque out to my employer and asked why my colleague was paid £50 per annum more than myself. I don't know whether I could have just kept the extra pay that month but I remember getting a pay rise out of it so that helped when the mortgage rate was a meagre 9%.

Once worked for a company who paid me 2 salaries and didn't realize until a colleague said his monthly pay hadn't gone in the bank. Talking 35 years ago so drove to the bank to find out my bank balance and discovered I had been paid twice. Finished up writing a cheque out to my employer and asked why my colleague was paid £50 per annum more than myself. I don't know whether I could have just kept the extra pay that month but I remember getting a pay rise out of it so that helped when the mortgage rate was a meagre 9%.

£50 a year in net pay couldve easily been a difference in tax code for whatever reason.

Your right....unions would have took the OP's monthly membership....called a strike leading to the company closing the whole place so no more late wagers !

I own a few and employ hundreds...have to say this government doesn't do a bad job with supporting startups and sme's.

once can happen and does......twice is poor management .....5 times is serious and probably means the company has cash flow problems mate. Have a word with your boss and let him know your thinking.......at the very least it might strike a chord with him and he ensures your pay goes in even if the others dont.
You own nursing homes don’t you? No the wonder you like this government when you pay your hundreds of staff minimum wage in a sector where under qualified people work in what should be skilled jobs while charging an absolute fortune for care of people’s nearest and dearest

You own nursing homes don’t you? No the wonder you like this government when you pay your hundreds of staff minimum wage in a sector where under qualified people work in what should be skilled jobs while charging an absolute fortune for care of people’s nearest and dearest
Nice try but I own healthcare businesses where we pay over the real living wage .

Had with an employer about 15 years ago. Small company. They folded eventually.
Nice try but I own healthcare businesses where we pay over the real living wage .
Christ someone as f***ing thick as you is running a company? Fair play mate. I didn't think you would be able to run a bath.

Last edited:

not read the thread but consider

Constructive dismissal

Constructive dismissal is when you’re forced to leave your job against your will because of your employer’s conduct.

The reasons you leave your job must be serious, for example, they:

• don’t pay you or suddenly demote you for no reason
  • force you to accept unreasonable changes to how you work - eg tell you to work night shifts when your contract is only for day work
  • let other employees harass or bully you

Your employer’s breach of contract may be one serious incident or a series of incidents that are serious when taken together.

Back