Work have not put salary in my bank.....again

Although I've never had a regular wage missed, I've had places not follow through with promised raises, a company fuck me over with holiday pay owed and another tell me it would pay me four week's notice if I left and then didn't. None of these places were in bad shape financially, just dishonest pricks running the show.

Yes. Quite simple really. Do you have a business with employees? If so you’ll know it’s ridiculously expensive
In what way?
Although I've never had a regular wage missed, I've had places not follow through with promised raises, a company fuck me over with holiday pay owed and another tell me it would pay me four week's notice if I left and then didn't. None of these places were in bad shape financially, just dishonest pricks running the show.
Different matter to not paying wage at end if week.

Used to be the only full time employee at a storage warehouse. Owners were a nightmare constantly dealing with bailiffs for business rates. Had electric shut off twice for non payment etc. Thankfully used to take cash payments so would always keep a month's wages back in cash. If they didn't pay me I'd take it out the till. Put up with their shit for four years was chuffed when I left.

Used to be the only full time employee at a storage warehouse. Owners were a nightmare constantly dealing with bailiffs for business rates. Had electric shut off twice for non payment etc. Thankfully used to take cash payments so would always keep a month's wages back in cash. If they didn't pay me I'd take it out the till. Put up with their shit for four years was chuffed when I left.

Four years ?

Agreed. Cash flow management is king.
When I worked in the private sector we were paid late a couple of times. However the gaffer was upfront and told us the reason, always a big company was late paying. We kept on working as we knew the gaffer was sound, the gaffer in the op sounds like a twat though.

When I worked in the private sector we were paid late a couple of times. However the gaffer was upfront and told us the reason, always a big company was late paying. We kept on working as we knew the gaffer was sound, the gaffer in the op sounds like a twat though.
Gaffer may have been sound but not paying staff is a absolute no no in my books.

Back