Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

Anyone got any tips for using a metal pizza peel? Read that wood is better for not sticking etc but got a metal one for now.
Just flour it up, or use semolina. Don't leave the pizza on there too long otherwise you risk sticking.

I generally top mine on the peel, but I make sure it is moving freely before topping. Or if you're feeling confident you can drag the pizza on to the peel before launching.

However long you want to rest it. 48hrs CT (fridge) and 2/3hrs RT is generally what I do.
Realised I didn't have the CT proof settingg ticked on pizza app.

So I stuck it in fridge at 11am today, is it best to bring it out then ball it straight away tomorrow for the second proove at room temp?

I didn't should I have?
Yeah. Leaving at room temp first allows the yeast to start working, then you want to slow that process down in the fridge for 24/48hrs. You might get away with it as it has been a hot week which will have helped activation.

Just take the dough out of the fridge a few hours before you want to use it, ball it (if you haven't already), then leave it covered until you're ready to use. If the dough is flat it'll be because the yeast wasn't properly activated. Fingers crossed its fine!

This video is good:

Yeah. Leaving at room temp first allows the yeast to start working, then you want to slow that process down in the fridge for 24/48hrs. You might get away with it as it has been a hot week which will have helped activation.

Just take the dough out of the fridge a few hours before you want to use it, ball it (if you haven't already), then leave it covered until you're ready to use. If the dough is flat it'll be because the yeast wasn't properly activated. Fingers crossed its fine!

This video is good:

Yeah I stuck it in the bread maker on dough setting for 10 mins just to mix ingredients, then hand kneeded for another 5 so fingers crossed. Seems to be doing OK in the fridge so far.

I bought one as well makes the dough process a hell of a lot easier

the kneading is tedious as fuck

plus fresh bread now and then is class
I read somewhere that you shouldn't let it run its full pizza dough cycle. Just 10 mins or so of it. Dunno if that's correct mind.

Some of you pizza connoisseurs tell me if this is decent. I watched it and thought it looked lush but I don't have a clue.

Back