Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

Will probably help you with your dough initially. It's an app on your phone that gives you the correct quantities of water, flour, and yeast for your dough.

You set up how many dough balls you want to make, I find 260g balls make 10-12 inch pizzas.

Start with the hydration set at 60% to get used to it, but you should have less issues with stickiness, or over developed yeast which makes the dough brittle.

That was my idea too, I'll mess around with different size crusts

The book that comes with it uses 200g balls for the bases.. so 1kg of flour with the water etc makes 7-8 pizza basea

The book that comes with it uses 200g balls for the bases.. so 1kg of flour with the water etc makes 7-8 pizza basea
I tried a few different things, but it massively improved for me when using that app. I think one thing I was neglecting was the salt in the process.

Having a mare with my dough. Always very difficult to work, just springs back when I try to stretch it!!
Had the same experience with my last 2 doughs even though both were different recipes!
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong ?

My dough acts like the 1st one in this video, even though i am careful with it
How long are you kneading it for and what flour are you using? Meant flour when I said dough before!
Capputo Pizzeria and Tesco Farina Del Mio.

Normally kneading 3 times for 5 minutes with 10 minutes rest in between each one.

Cheers
Actually its the first time I've come across this guy on Youtube so i might start from scratch and follow one of his dough recipes.

Last edited:
Just finished tonight’s creation cooked on the barbecue using frozen dough from last weekend. I honestly think I’ve got to a point where I can’t improve it anymore. f***ing fantastic

Just bought a Hairy Bikers '3-in-1' BBQ which includes a 'pizza oven' :lol:

I'm sure it'll be shit, but hey, don't have 300 quid spare for an Ooni so it'll have to do for now!

Back