Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

the one I made looked canny but want the bread proper airy, focaccia like. Bread flour, 80% hydration..way different to the neopolitan I’ve spent me time trying to master!

Midnight Pizza Crü based in Sunderland are setting the bar like, if you can get your hands on them. Been fortunate enough to have a couple recently and are different class!

Such a versatile saying :)

Thought it would be midnight pizza soon as you said Detroit!

Can anyone recommend a good dough recipe to use on one of these ovens?

What is the best Tomato base to use?

Bought a pizza oven a year ago and we have used it a lot just for me and the Mrs, however having a do this weekend so fancy trying something different.

Bought a pizza oven a year ago and we have used it a lot just for me and the Mrs, however having a do this weekend so fancy trying something different.
I’m just using the recipes on the Ooni app. Had some decent results from it.

I use pizza app for my measurements and I buy mutti pizza sauce from amazon

Cooked on my pro a coue of times this week. I bought a box of frozen sour dough balls which have worked pretty well. I also bought some fior de latte cheese which is spot on, got both from Nicco Rossi in hendon. I needto get some more logs for the oven now.

If you live in Sunderland, Nico Rossi do tins of pizza sauce, 12kg for 12 quid

I missed out on the aldi pizza oven this morning, so I'm after some recommendations?

I've currently got an electric pizza oven, but I'm after a more proper one now!

Are Ooni the way to go? And is there a big lead time on them still?

ooni is so quick and easy to use, i used it last night to make garlic naans for our curry (garlic bread really) .
I bought mine from The Pizza Oven shop and waited about a week

Which one do you have?
Ooni Karu 12 multi fuel but I haven’t used gas yet, I just put a mixture of small kindle, bbq bricks and some natural fire lighters. It heats up in about 10 mins but you have got to keep adding sticks to keep the flame at the top of the oven. I keep the door off to try and regulate the heat. Bought a small hot plate which we use for chicken and lamb kebabs.
There are 6 of us today having pizza and kebabs

Last edited:
I missed out on the aldi pizza oven this morning, so I'm after some recommendations?

I've currently got an electric pizza oven, but I'm after a more proper one now!

Are Ooni the way to go? And is there a big lead time on them still?
The Aldi one is still available online and not in store till 10th. It looks crap though, no pizza stone.

I’ve wanted a pizza oven for years but ended up getting a Big Green Egg for my birthday this year so going to have a crack at making pizza on that next weekend before deciding whether I still want a pizza oven. I haven’t made dough for a while like so it’ll probably be shite.

Back