Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

I just do the first prove in the stand mixer bowl. Wasn’t doing much yesterday so I lit the wood burner to get the room temp up!
Aye something like that works perfect for up to 4 balls worth. Last time I did a batch of dough it was for a few people so made a dozen balls worth, needed the proving tray for that. Still got two frozen which I’m interesting in seeing how they turn out but need to get some more gas for the oven

Aye something like that works perfect for up to 4 balls worth. Last time I did a batch of dough it was for a few people so made a dozen balls worth, needed the proving tray for that. Still got two frozen which I’m interesting in seeing how they turn out but need to get some more gas for the oven
I swapped the regulator on mine before I used it so I can use the red bottles. Paid £50 for a 19kg, it’s £30 for a refill.

Bought some Nduja last week. Was a bit too hot for me. Love a bit blue cheese though. 👍
Where did you get it from?
Where did you get your proving trays from mate?

Last edited:
That’s what I got, couple with lids about £20 I think.

Got some dough on the dough for later, trying a poolish recipe, seemed easy enough, will see what it turns out like later.

But...had me head turned recently, Detroit style might be the new favourite. Bought a pan and had a crack with 00 rather than bread flour with ok’ish results...but gonna make some effort and see if can get it up to a “look at that fucker” standard

Got some dough on the dough for later, trying a poolish recipe, seemed easy enough, will see what it turns out like later.

But...had me head turned recently, Detroit style might be the new favourite. Bought a pan and had a crack with 00 rather than bread flour with ok’ish results...but gonna make some effort and see if can get it up to a “look at that fucker” standard
Be interesting to see how you get on. I was looking at Detroit style last night. Looks the business if you can crack it. 👍

"look at that fucker standard" 😁

Be interesting to see how you get on. I was looking at Detroit style last night. Looks the business if you can crack it. 👍

the one I made looked canny but want the bread proper airy, focaccia like. Bread flour, 80% hydration..way different to the neopolitan I’ve spent me time trying to master!

Midnight Pizza Crü based in Sunderland are setting the bar like, if you can get your hands on them. Been fortunate enough to have a couple recently and are different class!
"look at that fucker standard" 😁

Such a versatile saying :)

Back