Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

On the bendy road that runs to the side of the park where people park up to conduct their affairs and that mate.
Crow Lane?
Never knew that there was a pizza van trading there.
I remember years ago when the fish and chip van used to turn up at the Board Inn - there was hell on. Some fucker got it banned.

I mean you can never have a 10 but 9 just didn't seem enough.
Fair play, just had a 2x mixed kebab, keema pilau, plain nan, poppadoms and a Sri Lanka chicken from Akkis, they lost marks because the olives (lovely) dinnit belong in an Indian salad, 9.24.

Just been making tomorrows dough with some Molino Dallagiovanna 00 flour. Feels so different to caputo, silky soft but much stickier. See how they turn out tomorrow night. Had to add a few extra grams to my hand as I kneaded it as it was so sticky even after a good few minutes of work
Any hints/tips/videos on making these there pizza bases @oROSSo there mate? Ooni has been sitting unopened for 6 months, about time to learn how to be a pizza ninja. Got some of the Ooni frozen sourdough balls for practicing on......

Any hints/tips/videos on making these there pizza bases @oROSSo there mate? Ooni has been sitting unopened for 6 months, about time to learn how to be a pizza ninja. Got some of the Ooni frozen sourdough balls for practicing on......
Just time mate, knead for ten minutes to give them strength. YouTube is great for videos

View media item 6430Been experimenting with different toppings, did tikka chicken and spicy beef, tasted great. Think the air got to the dough so it got a bit of a crust on it.

I've stopped "browning" the dough to stop the base being too hard but I think that is just my pizza oven.

Nice shape. I can never get them to stay perfectly round like that.

Made some dough at 70% hydration tonight. Was very claggy when I balled it up. Hope it firms up in the fridge.
I’ve never getting the the same batch twice. Never had a bad one though and I’ve always made it wet. Mind I use any owld flour. Normally half plain half semolina.
Pizza tonight made dough didnt bother proving it just made the base it was still good
Was gonna add this in my post. Made a few in that last good weather we had, sort of impromptu. Mixed it give it ten minutes, into to balls give it another 10 minutes and they were okay. A bit biscuity but edible. I was fuming when the kids said it was the best they had. I thought I’m doing dough 2 days before and piss farting about with it for hours.

Last edited:
Made some dough at 70% hydration tonight. Was very claggy when I balled it up. Hope it firms up in the fridge.
It'll always be claggy at that level of hydration. Not a problem though once it's out and you get flour on it.

I've bought some caputo flour this week so might get back into dough making again.

What’s the best way to store the dough while it proves? We’ve tried putting it on a tray and covering with cling film but it sticks to the dough a bit and it gives it a kind of hard skin

What’s the best way to store the dough while it proves? We’ve tried putting it on a tray and covering with cling film but it sticks to the dough a bit and it gives it a kind of hard skin

Plastic proving trays and can stack them on top of each other. Or small Tupperware with one ball in each

Oil your dough balls first, drop or two of oil on each and cover the surface. The tray with clingfilm is fine otherwise.

Back